Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #3585

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Bit the bullet and bought a new fresh water tank, hubby tried mending the old one twice. It might have worked to have it plastic welded. However, he is home only a short time and trying to find someone taking it, getting it back in and things we just ordered new. Hope it gets here in time.

Fleetwood has been great, they have gotten all kinds of items for my 1992 American Eagle. The first thing when we bought it was all new skylights, the old ones were rotten, had to have the big one made, they have been more then helpful in the parts department.

Another was Fantastic Fan, they sent new covers for them at no cost, all that old plastic I'm sure were the originals. Good service.

Other items like a new folding stove top cover I got from ebay pretty cheap, the stainless one was rusted., must have not really been stainless, replaced with a painted one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #3586

Thor Owners Club
brought the 5er in for service and had it blocked. With the new F350 it needed to be a bit higher.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #3587

Forest River Owners Club
RhinoFlex 15' Sewer Kit and Camco Sewer Hose Rinser. WooHoo!!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #3588

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
We have an end-table on one side of our sofa, but on the other side there is no place to sit a cup of coffee or whatever. I found this cute little wooden "sofa arm table" at Amazon; it works great and will fit varied widths of furniture arms.
That's a great item. I couldn't find it under "sofa arm table" search. Do you know who makes it?

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #3589

I put some sound deadener under the front half of our RV. It comes on a roll. I cut it in short strips, raised the RV as high as I could, crawled under it and spent the morning pealing the backing off and sticking this stuff on the floor and engine housing. It's easy to stick on. The hard part was reaching around things like mufflers, drive shaft, etc. The dirt has to be wiped off so the Fatmat will stick.

I took it for a short spin today. It's amazing how quiet it is inside now. No road noise at all. I was hoping for a little bit of improvement but all I can say is wow! Money well spent.
Fatmat eXtreme Sound Dampening Products for Automotive
I bought it on Amazon. Search for FatMat 50 Sq Ft x 80 mil Thick Self-Adhesive RattleTrap Sound Deadener Bulk Pack w/Install Kit

I also installed the 5 Star Tuning kit http://www.5startuning.com/. The shifting is now like it should be. Nice and smooth. I was very pleased with that update also. Mike at 5 Star was very helpful.

And then there were the four 6-volt Trojan T-105 batteries from http://www.atbatt.com/ to replace the one 12-volt house battery. While doing that I put in a BatteryMINDer.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #3590
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
That's a great item. I couldn't find it under "sofa arm table" search. Do you know who makes it?
It's made by "Couchmaid", but apparently it's out of stock on Amazon right now. Amazon.com - Couchmaid Table Top Solid Wood Sofa Tray/ Lap Desk (Walnut) Hand Crafted Solid Wood -

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #3591

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A 20 ton Hydraulic Jack to use as A stabler in the rear end of MH. Going to get a 12 ton for the front end next.
No Jack system and this way works great so far.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #3592

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
A 20 ton Hydraulic Jack to use as A stabler in the rear end of MH. Going to get a 12 ton for the front end next. No Jack system and this way works great so far. Tim
Tim. Does your coach have air brakes? They make regular hydraulic jacks that are manual and or air operated. I have two 20 ton ones and two 12 ton ones that I use in my business. All four are air operated. They work great. Might be able to operate them off a small air tank too ??

Russell
Old 04-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #3593

Weldex rearview monitor gave up, so I bought and installed a Rosco Backup Camera Vision System. The toughest part was running the new cable. So far really pleased with it. Very clear and sharp 7" color monitor.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #3594
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
It's made by "Couchmaid", but apparently it's out of stock on Amazon right now. Amazon.com - Couchmaid Table Top Solid Wood Sofa Tray/ Lap Desk (Walnut) Hand Crafted Solid Wood -
You can find them here.

Solid Wood Couchmaid Table Top Sofa Tray | eBay
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #3595

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Tim. Does your coach have air brakes? They make regular hydraulic jacks that are manual and or air operated. I have two 20 ton ones and two 12 ton ones that I use in my business. All four are air operated. They work great. Might be able to operate them off a small air tank too ??

Russell
I wished it had one, but no air. We will be going full time next Fall. I'll be looking for a smaller Air compressor then not much storage space on the old gal, I have a nice one in the garage but that won't be coming with us unfortunately. Great Idea though, Thanks, Tim
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #3596

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
What a idea, I like them but I don't have arms on the couch in the MH
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #3597

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I wished it had one, but no air. We will be going full time next Fall. I'll be looking for a smaller Air compressor then not much storage space on the old gal, I have a nice one in the garage but that won't be coming with us unfortunately. Great Idea though, Thanks, Tim
Tim. I'll try to attack a picture of the air powered jack. Not good with pictures. Ha. Russell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3280496009.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	59728  
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #3598

American Coach Owners Club
Four 22.5 Michelins on the rear with new solid valve stems. The stems have some kind of metal dust covers that can be 'aired' thru...we'll see how that works out.

Anyway, the new tires/wheels come off at Josam's in Orlando tomorrow - getting the two rear brake rotors replaced...they have some bad cracks in them. The fun never stops.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote