Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #3599

Hi,

I purchased a 100W portable solar kit. It has two 50W panels that fold together, an adjustable support and attached controller.

100W should be sufficient since I am relatively light on energy consumption when boondocking. I also have a generator ... just in case the weather doesn't co-operate.

Cheers,

Steve
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #3600

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
That's a great item. I couldn't find it under "sofa arm table" search. Do you know who makes it?

There is one on eBay but it is white.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #3601

Winnebago Owners Club
This week we had quite the shopping list, we are preparing for a 6000 mile trip this summer, which for us is a huge deal.
-
Blue Ox base plate, hitch, and Roadmaster braking system. Let's not forget the mechanic to install it all too!
We are having an electrician install 50 amp power to the RV driveway.
A Progressive SSP50 surge suppressor.
A Flush King reverse valve
A GE wireless alarm system
New fresh water and black water hoses
-
My wallet would appreciate a little vacation about now.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:59 AM   #3602

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
look a little deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
There is one on eBay but it is white.

back on entry 3564 I suggested Google the item. I did and there are several suppliers. new egg has it as do others. $49 A great lap desk for those of you guys and gals out there that like sticking to the basics. Our classic model Couchmaid is sure to suit all your needs.

• Slip it over your sofa arm as a sofa tray. Ideal for square arms.
• Pack it into your go bag for a lap desk and tray on the move.
• Serve your honey breakfast in bed. (Definitely a great way to score some brownie points.)
• Even convert an ottoman into a coffee table.
• Comes in 3 different finishes to match your style and flair.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #3603

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
back on entry 3564 I suggested Google the item. I did and there are several suppliers. new egg has it as do others. $49 A great lap desk for those of you guys and gals out there that like sticking to the basics. Our classic model Couchmaid is sure to suit all your needs.

• Slip it over your sofa arm as a sofa tray. Ideal for square arms.
• Pack it into your go bag for a lap desk and tray on the move.
• Serve your honey breakfast in bed. (Definitely a great way to score some brownie points.)
• Even convert an ottoman into a coffee table.
• Comes in 3 different finishes to match your style and flair.
I can't find any of the round arm covers in walnut, everyone has them in white. I've e-mailed Coachmaid about one but have yet to hear from them.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #3604

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I finally pulled the trigger and just purchased the Blue Ox TruCenter for my MH. I frequently travel in areas with high winds, so this is something I have contemplated for some time. The Steer Safe unit that I currently have is just not doing the trick. Thanks to Dutch Star Don for his opinion and feedback.

The best price I found was online from Makario’s RV. They were over $100 less than everyone else and they had the correct mounting bracket in stock as well. Best of all, free shipping and no sales tax. Can’t wait to install it!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #3605
Moderator Emeritus

This week I ordered several LED replacement bulbs for our moho. I'm not sure which color/brightness to choose so I'm going to try a few before buying for the entire RV.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #3606

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
This week I ordered several LED replacement bulbs for our moho. I'm not sure which color/brightness to choose so I'm going to try a few before buying for the entire RV.
I want to do this with ours
Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #3607

We just bought new tires, one of those tank filler wands you attach to the hose to prevent backwash when filling tanks, & a new cap for the city water filler. The old one broke off. Next up is a new outside water heater vent cover. Ours was dented by a previous owner.
deanawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #3608

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sarah,I bought 20 LED bulbs with 28 LEDS on each bulb for $19.99 with free shipping on AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.

They come from China so it takes about 3 weeks. I chose warm white and am really pleased. It's hard to go wrong at that price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #3609

Two vent covers (Max) and steel valve stems on all tires, that's all for now.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #3610

Monaco Owners Club
Four rear tires...while they were off, found bad cracks in the rotors. Uh oh, wonder what the fronts look like? Yup, Josams in Orlando found another crack in the left front. They did a bang up job...we now have all new tires, rotors, brake pads and the front bearing oil and seals have been replaced. I still have some minor work to do, but we're ready to roll.

As a side...I got two local estimates(that I thought high) here in Melbourne and Josam Truck Frame & Alignment in Orlando did all the work (front and rear) for $200 less than the locals wanted for just the rear rotors and seals. I have no affiliation with Josam, but with previous front end work and this recent work they had done, I'm one happy camper and can whole heartedly recommend them. The service manager(Barry)...very helpful and pleasant to work with. End commercial.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #3611
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sarah,I bought 20 LED bulbs with 28 LEDS on each bulb for $19.99 with free shipping on AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.

They come from China so it takes about 3 weeks. I chose warm white and am really pleased. It's hard to go wrong at that price.
Thanks for the info, Barb! I'm still trying to find some that are a good color light and bright enough.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #3612
Moderator Emeritus

I bought one of these to make it easier to transport our bottles of wine. Amazon.com: Picnic Time Cellar Insulated Six Bottle Wine Tote: Kitchen & Dining

I wish I could find something similar to store our wine glasses in!