Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #3697
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just received our PI EMSPT50C yesterday. It will replace the PI 50 AMP surge protector that we originally purchased.

And also, because we all know RVers just can't have enough gadgets , I bought the Camco "EZ Level" that hopefully will make recalibrating the levelers easier. (If not, we will enjoy the flashing red/green lights. )

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #3698

A hardwire progressive surge protector.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #3699

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Brian--have you measured the drop from your extended awning? I guess we need to do that before ordering. I don't particularly want the shade to extend all the way to the ground, but I don't want it to be too short, either.

I haven't measured, but I am 6"7" and the awning is above my head. I am guessing it's about 7-7 1/2 feet. I want to have the shade extend out to increase patio area plus I don't want it hanging straight down. Also going to get end panel as well. Going over to storage tomorrow and will get measurement and place order. Will let you know what I come up with.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #3700
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I haven't measured, but I am 6"7" and the awning is above my head. I am guessing it's about 7-7 1/2 feet. I want to have the shade extend out to increase patio area plus I don't want it hanging straight down. Also going to get end panel as well. Going over to storage tomorrow and will get measurement and place order. Will let you know what I come up with.

Sounds good; I guess I'll go over to our storage facility on Saturday and measure ours, too. I'm not planning to buy the end panel, though later I'll probably wonder why I didn't.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #3701

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
A 3' x 6' sheet of 1/4" thick cork. The rest of the Ballroom mirror look is about to be history. I already removed the mirror and turning the area into a cork board wall for photos and momento's.
Out with the (horrible) mirror wall in with the cork wall. Much better...

/ 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel :: built for comfort in the dirt / 1990 Miata :: built for fun
MandG-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #3702

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Out with the (horrible) mirror wall in with the cork wall. Much better...

Did you remove the mirrow or just attach the corkboard to the mirror?
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #3703

Ours is a Thor Ace 29.2. Here are some of the modifications I've done since last fall to make it much better:

1. FatMat Rattle Trap sound deadener 80 mil. from Amazon. I put it underneath the front half of the RV. Made a huge difference in the outside noise.
2. 6x9 speakers and amp from Sound of Peoria
3. Sirius radio
4. Koni shocks. They made a tremendous difference in the ride. Expensive but worth every penny. SHOX.COM
5. Cheap Handling Fix. What a difference in the ride. Easy to do, also. Cheap Handling Fix
6. Four 6-volt house batteries to replace the one 12-volt. AtBatt.com Trojan T-105 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Batteries
7. 5 Star Tune. Custom Dynomemeter Chassis Tuning Products and Services - 5 Star Tuning It changes the shift pattern so the engine doesn't rev on hills. Another great investment. When ordering, tell him you saw it on the irv2 forum for a $50 discount.
8. Extra fire extinguisher for the bedroom.
9. Laundry chute in the bedroom to the storage room underneath.
10. Battery Minder for the 6-volt batteries model 2012 from Amazon
11. Portable Surge Guard 120V 30 Amp
12. MOR/ryde TV1021H Double Arm Swivel TV Wall Mount
13. Oxygenics BodySpa SkinCare Handheld Shower Head
14. LED lights in all the lights from DealeXtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide T10 0.18Wx27 White Light 27-SMD 5050 LED Car Reading Light (DC 12V / Pair)-121433
15. Replaced the original mattress with a queen Tempur-Pedic from The Back Store.
16. Rear Trac Bar from RVupgrades.com.

Plus, I waxed it. That was a project!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #3704
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Brian, I measured our awning today. It is 7'5" from the slot in the awning where the tabs go to the ground. It actually dips about 1" lower in the middle. I'm thinking I'll order a 7' shade.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #3705

residential fridge!!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #3706

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

The end panel I ordered required me to drill holes into the MH fiberglass wall,something I'm not willing to do. I'm sure we will come up with an alternate mode of mounting it,just haven't figured it out yet.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #3707
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've posted this pic in another thread, but I'll bore y'all with it again. New dashboard cover made by Dorothy at Blondie's Pit Stop in Colorado... She did a great job!

Old 05-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #3708
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
The end panel I ordered required me to drill holes into the MH fiberglass wall,something I'm not willing to do. I'm sure we will come up with an alternate mode of mounting it,just haven't figured it out yet.
Neal--did you get your shade from Shade Pro? I had just about decided to order the end piece, but yikes, we're not drilling into our sidewalls, either.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #3709
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Neal--did you get your shade from Shade Pro? I had just about decided to order the end piece, but yikes, we're not drilling into our sidewalls, either.
I just called customer service at Shade Pro and I'm glad I did. Thanks to Neal for mentioning that the bracket for the end shade must be screwed into the side of the coach; the Shade Pro guy confirmed that installation. So, no end piece for us.

I also asked about recommended dimensions for the awning shade. I had "assumed" that since we have a 17' awning, I'd need to order a 17' shade. Nope. He said I'd need to order the 15' shade because the 17' will be about 6" too wide. Sheesh. There I go, "assuming" again.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #3710

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I just called customer service at Shade Pro and I'm glad I did. Thanks to Neal for mentioning that the bracket for the end shade must be screwed into the side of the coach; the Shade Pro guy confirmed that installation. So, no end piece for us.

I also asked about recommended dimensions for the awning shade. I had "assumed" that since we have a 17' awning, I'd need to order a 17' shade. Nope. He said I'd need to order the 15' shade because the 17' will be about 6" too wide. Sheesh. There I go, "assuming" again.

Crap, I have no desire to screw anything into the side. Guess it's back to the drawing board. Anyone ever looked at Sunpro?

Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote