Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #3907

New SwivelwheelDW58 to haul my Goldwing with me. Gets installed in 3 weeks. YIPEE
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #3908

replaced the seat swivel cable on the driver seat. The new replacements are larger so I had to cut and grind out a larger hole to install the replacements. The old lever snapped off and the new ones seem Herkier ( technical word). Flexsteel could have replaced original size with metal levers and this would have been an easy swap out.

93 Southwind
2001 Saturn SC2 toad
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #3909

Thor Owners Club
Got a nuwave induction cooktop at a yard sale. Looks brand new. 20 bucks. And believe it or not the entire pot/pan set we already had in the rig is stamped induction cooker ready right on the bottom. Whoohooo!!
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #3910

Tst 507 Tpms for the travel trailer.
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #3911

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought and installed a new filter and drier for my air brakes.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #3912

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Transmission Cooler

We had a ruptured hose in the transmission lines, so when the mechanic replaced the hoses, I had him bypass the radiator and put in a transmission cooler rated for vehicles of 22500 GVW, the biggest one NAPA sells.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 AM   #3913

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We bought new convex mirrors as the old ones had stress cracked, then DH totally trashed the passenger side one by whacking it on a road sign. I told him to move over & he chose to argue with me instead of listening. I can still hear the whack!
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #3914

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Ah yes

Quote:
I told him to move over & he chose to argue with me instead of listening
Melody - You may have lost the mirror that day but you have the rest of your life to remind him "I told you so".

My DW wife loves moments like that.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #3915

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtall View Post
Melody - You may have lost the mirror that day but you have the rest of your life to remind him "I told you so".

My DW wife loves moments like that.
Could be he meant to do that, wanted new mirrors!!! We men are never wrong, once I thought I was , but then I realized it was the DW telling me I was wrong & I almost believed her.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #3916

A set of 6 Michelin XZA3+ tires and new covers.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #3917

Monaco Owners Club
New Toad...88 JeepYJ and...picked up a used Hydralift for the Harley. We're gonna have enough stuff hanging off the motorhome folks will start thinking we're the Clampets.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #3918

Background 1st: Bought new tires in April of this year, Hercules H-901's, love them. But I had a problem with one the front ones in that I could not check the tire pressure without having to take off the hub cap (sort of). So I bought these: Wheel Masters 8029 45 Degree Valve Extender

Installed them on the front this past weekend and noticed that one of the wheels had a metal valve stem and the other was rubber! When I had the tires put on I specifically told them to replace any rubber valve stems with metal. But I went ahead and put on these 45' valve extenders just so I could measure the tire presses before trips. I used a 3/8" open end wrench to ensure they were good in tight. Measured the pressure, wrote it down in my log book and headed off to Benewah Lake, south of Coeur d'Alene, ID.

Had a great time, then headed home.

As there was a picnic for a friend who was leaving so we went straight to their place. I got out of the RV and OH MY GOSH!! The right front tire was OBVIOUSLY LOW! I tested it...32 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea! Obviously the 45' valve extender must have leaked (Not actually new news if you read the comments on these things on Amazon).

So 1st off, going to get the rubber valve stem changed, and I may or may not uses these extenders again (the other tire with the steel valve stem was fine).

But the BIGGEST change will be to check the tires before I LEAVE the campground!
I"m pretty sure I've read that somewhere on one of these forums but didn't take it to heart. I have now!

TriMoot
1997 RexAir
Spokane, WA
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #3919

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
going to get the rubber valve stem changed, and I may or may not uses these extenders again (the other tire with the steel valve stem was fine).
I have run solid metal extensions on METAL valve stems for 10 years/90k miles with no issues other than problems setting one up when I bought inferior replacement extensions from a tire place. Once I got better quality extensions, no more problems. I also have the rubber stabilizer donuts on mine. As you learned, extensions should NEVER be used on rubber valve stems as the flexing of the stem will unscrew/loosen the extensions.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #3920

Do you have a recommendation on the better quality ones? I just found these on Amazon.
Thanks!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote