Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #4117

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Installed two new smoke detectors, CO detector, 10# fire extinguisher and the mini-blinds behind the kitchen sink. All were to replace the OEM stuff from 1996.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #4118

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
fuel

Old 08-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #4119

A fan that creates a nice breeze for the fur-kids and the adults!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407709686.245341.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	903.1 KB
ID:	70451
Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #4120

A Vortex II to replace the Vortex I that I installed in the spring. It moves a lot of air, but the fan noise is too much as the bathroom is next to the bedroom. With the multi-speed II, we can enjoy the quiet. Will move the Vortex I to the living room (if I can get wiring to it) to use for quick hot air removal or run at night when dry camping in warm weather.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #4121

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Stainless Steel 6-bottle wine rack.
$5 at huge church fubdraiser sale.
Sets on table/floor or hangs from ceiling.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #4122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I just arrived at the Spartan Chassis factory we are getting a front end alignment, the 44 point check to see if we need brakes or tie rod ends, etc done. The 4 corner weighing, wanting to know if our tire pressures are right, that has always been an issue.

But hubby decided even though we have paid to have some of this stuff done at various dealerships he doesn't think it has been.

So we are getting the hydraulic fluids and filter, dryer filter, water filter,
differential oil, changed, the hub oil vacuumed out and changed, new fuel filters. And we paid for it to be done, but hubby wonders, the transmission fluid and filter changed.

They are checking brakes, air leveling and seeing if they can calibrate the new odometer we had put in that only does 1/4 mile for each and get the speedometer working again. Also the generator hour meter though we have one on the generator and we think its the oil gauge for either the tranny or genny, not sure which. One of the so called professional places we went clamped the rattling tail pipe on the generator to the frame instead of replacing the bracket. It works but when he wants to pull
the genny out he has to take the U bracket off.

Yes, we know several thousand dollars, but we think it will be done right this time or we sure hope so. I have never seen so many poor mechanics or out right thieves in an industry. They should be regulated in some manner.

So we will be spending a small fortune on a very old motorhome.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #4123

New motor for steps!!!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #4124
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I just arrived at the Spartan Chassis factory we are getting a front end alignment, the 44 point check to see if we need brakes or tie rod ends, etc done. The 4 corner weighing, wanting to know if our tire pressures are right, that has always been an issue.

But hubby decided even though we have paid to have some of this stuff done at various dealerships he doesn't think it has been.

So we are getting the hydraulic fluids and filter, dryer filter, water filter,
differential oil, changed, the hub oil vacuumed out and changed, new fuel filters. And we paid for it to be done, but hubby wonders, the transmission fluid and filter changed.

They are checking brakes, air leveling and seeing if they can calibrate the new odometer we had put in that only does 1/4 mile for each and get the speedometer working again. Also the generator hour meter though we have one on the generator and we think its the oil gauge for either the tranny or genny, not sure which. One of the so called professional places we went clamped the rattling tail pipe on the generator to the frame instead of replacing the bracket. It works but when he wants to pull
the genny out he has to take the U bracket off.

Yes, we know several thousand dollars, but we think it will be done right this time or we sure hope so. I have never seen so many poor mechanics or out right thieves in an industry. They should be regulated in some manner.

So we will be spending a small fortune on a very old motorhome.
There is some comfort in knowing your RV and what's been done. I know it costs to get there. I'm still working towards feeling like that.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #4125

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
New motor for steps!!!!!
Funny thing ... me, too!!
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #4126

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just bought some light lenses to replace cracked and fogged exterior light lenses, new locking engine compartment latches and two "test" led bulbs for the interior fixtures. If they are bright enough I'll replace all the interior bulbs with them
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #4127

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Slide Topper

During a huge down pour and water intruding into slide, I purchased a Dometic Slide Topper Elite (150 inch)
www.robinjesseneil.wordpress.com
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #4128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
A Vortex II to replace the Vortex I that I installed in the spring. It moves a lot of air, but the fan noise is too much as the bathroom is next to the bedroom. With the multi-speed II, we can enjoy the quiet. Will move the Vortex I to the living room (if I can get wiring to it) to use for quick hot air removal or run at night when dry camping in warm weather.

I added a sealed PWM DC motor speed control to mine. Slow it down a little and it is quiet. Got the PWM from Amazon for $12.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:38 AM   #4129

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
12 volt transfer pump from harbor freight. Use it to bet water from 35 gallon leg tank into the rv tank when boon docking. 36.00 and works great!

So you have an outside shower? Do you have a winterizing draw tube for anti-freeze?
The likely answer to both is yes, and you could have saved $35 and allot of hassle.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #4130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
So you have an outside shower? Do you have a winterizing draw tube for anti-freeze?
The likely answer to both is yes, and you could have saved $35 and allot of hassle.
Explain please.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote