Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #4131

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

After experiencing camping in close quarters with minimal services in hot weather at dog hunt trials over the past several weeks, I realized I needed to better protect our neighboring RVers and ourselves from generator exhaust. So I ordered a Camco Gen-Turi RV Generator Exhaust Venting System, fortuitously on sale for a fantastic price at Amazon.ca during the August long weekend!
I also ordered an RV Awning Travel Lock online from Awninglock.com for my A&E WeatherPro Power Awning as a precaution against the awning unfurling in high winds while traveling. This photo is provided courtesy of Clay F. from the Awning Lock website:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1408030873.673487.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	70776
I expect to pick up our recent purchases on our return from a two month road trip in our QSDP next week!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #4132

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Today we bought a 28" Vizio for the living area, 3" king size memory foam mattress topper, midland weather radio, pair of cobra handheld 2-way radios w/weather alerts & full function mount for the vizio. Last week was two new faucets and robe hooks for bedroom & bathroom.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #4133

Flush King ($20 off) and it arrived jit because the ten year old one died today.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
Explain please.
WELL.....
I'll explain how mine goes. Replace as necessary..

I take my 7gal tank and set it where the anti-freeze draw tube is located next to the water pump in a storage bay. That tube is hooked to a Y-Valve. One side draws from the main tank, the other from the anti-freeze tube now at the bottom of my 7gal portable. Got it?

Now, I go to the wet bay that has an outside shower that I have removed the shower hose directly and replaced it with a typical garden quick disconnect. So now I can plug in the shower hose, or anything else, or leave it disconnected and uncluttered. That something else is a 12" hose jumper that hooks to the outside shower faucet, and the other side screws into the external water fill for the tank. There is a second valve that lets you either fill the main tank, or run the RV on shore water. Switch that to FILL and turn on the pump. When I had my 5.8gal Surflo, by the time I walked around to look at the portable tank, it was almost empty.

So, here's the flow:
Water in the portable tank is drawn up through the tube, through the pump, and into the house water system
Since the outside shower is on, water flows out there, through the short pipe, and back into the Ext. Water street spigot. And since you have the Y-Valve selected to FILL, goes into the main tank.

May sound complicated, but I'm done before anyone gets their pump up and running.

The 1st time I read about this I said

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #4135

Monaco Owners Club
Bought a small bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice. Delicious stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed the juice and then attached a piece of bailing wire and turned the bottle into a Cummins slobber tube drip catcher. I hate seeing the oil drip stains increasing on my new driveway. I had considered the $50 Moroso Oil Breather Filter but decided the low budget route is just fine for something that only I see.

/ 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel :: built for comfort in the dirt / 1990 Miata :: built for fun
MandG-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #4136

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Panelbond to glue basement door skins back onto frames (loose corners).
Fiberglass resin to repair wheel well skirt (blow-out damage) and rear "bumper" above trailer hitch (damage from previous owner).
New 2-year tags.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #4137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

A set of these Rubbermaid storage bins for the cabover. They work great. We removed the mattress and put down the rubber non-slip stuff so the bins stay in place.

The bins have a clear side that flips open so you don't have to pull the bin down to get at the contents. The clear door makes it easy to see what's in them. We keep all the lightweight stuff up there like dry food, bedding, coats, and other bulky lightweight items.
Old Radios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #4138

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
.....A set of these Rubbermaid storage bins for the cabover. .
Excellent idea, we use the Sterelite 7.5 and 15L for storage from can good storage under the couch to nearly every thing that is stored in the outside compartments. The ones you show seem to bee a little cleared than the ones we use.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #4139

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post

A set of these Rubbermaid storage bins for the cabover. They work great. We removed the mattress and put down the rubber non-slip stuff so the bins stay in place.

The bins have a clear side that flips open so you don't have to pull the bin down to get at the contents. The clear door makes it easy to see what's in them. We keep all the lightweight stuff up there like dry food, bedding, coats, and other bulky lightweight items.
I've been looking at those bins for some time to put in our cabinets but, they are to large to fit. Over the cab might work for us. Thanks for the post.

Paul
Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB
on 2012 Chevrolet 4500
Using iRV2 app
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #4140

Winnebago Owners Club
The Rubbermaid storage totes come in three sizes. Maybe the medium or small would work. The Home Depot carries them.

Mike Leslie
2003 Winnebago Winnie 29B
Old 08-19-2014, 06:07 AM   #4141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A new igniter knob for the gas stove and a new lock for the fresh water tank fill door
Old 08-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #4142

Purchased and installed one of those awning drops that leaves a 2' section in the awning roll and just attach the rest with a zipper. And, an awning travel lock too.
lhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #4143

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Mike
Thanks, I'll look online. I have only seen one size in the store.

Paul
Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB
on 2012 Chevrolet 4500
Using iRV2 app
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #4144

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
Purchased and installed one of those awning drops that leaves a 2' section in the awning roll and just attach the rest with a zipper. And, an awning travel lock too.

We just got ours and love it! We were at a site this past weekend that got the afternoon sun on the awning side, but the extended screen allowed us to sit outside in the shade.

2014 Cougar 33RES
2012 F-250 Powerstroke

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum