Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #4383

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Today's projects. Water valve for the toilet (toilet would continuously fill with water), plastic slider panel for the screen door (cracked), and a wire shelf to add to a closet (additional storage and organization).

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #4384

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Thanks, I have been there 3 times and talked to the same guy working in the plumbing isle. The HD by us doesn't have a RV area. Menard's does but they don't have it.
I went up to the RV place that reordered the P-Trap Tuesday and that one won't work either I am getting close I have all the pieces except the end of the p-trap that goes to the sewer line is wrong
The old timer at the MH place even came out to look at the MH (by the way he gave me a complement on the old gal) anyhow he climbed down and looked for him self and shook his head and says boy that one I have never seen...
To the other poster I will check out Amazon but I see no part number on the old pcs. It needs to be 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 every thing I have found is 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 Or in won't screw onto the shower drain, or the end that connects to the sewer end don't have the nut to screw it to the line.
I am just baffled. I am not looking forward too 3 months of a CG shower this winter
Thanks for the help.
I think to remedy this I will need to rip the shower enclosure out and that won't happen till pigs fly..it looks brand new.
Tim
I give up, No shower in the 82 what a DRAG
I'll have to find a plug for the sewer line I guess
Future purchase,
I'd still like too know why the MH industry uses pluming unlike what is used in the S&B.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #4385

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Future purchase,
I'd still like too know why the MH industry uses pluming unlike what is used in the S&B.
Tim
That would be a drag. I know it's not easy to work on and you said you can only get one arm in under the shower and I'm not there to see the installation. My suggestion, is it possible to change the basket in the shower so it would match the rest of the plumbing. It would take two people one in the shower the other under the shower. Don't know if that would work. Just thinking about it seems reasonable, but I'm not there.
BTW, What happened to your red Caddie convertible?
Chuck
Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis W/Tag Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid Platinum, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #4386

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Back in the era your coach came from many plumbing items were shared with Mobile Homes. I would look in that direction rather than RV related. Another thought would be something flexible to "rig" you own solution. Farm supply stores like Tractor Supply have many different sizes of flex hose, or even an automotive radiator flex hose.

Edit
I got a bunch of hits on Goggle on "hose adapter 1 1/2 to 1 1/4"
Old 10-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #4387

Winnebago Owners Club
I found my 15 Amp breaker for my power plug to the coach at the house tripping and started to check for the problem and I found it.

I went to the power bay and on going to unplug, found that my 10 ga. power cord plugged to the 30-15amp reducer was melted together. Could have been catastrophic!

I watched a video on RV Travel that mentioned the small reducers as inferior. Now I know it to be true. I went out and purchased a 30-15Amp Camco "dogbone" one and everything is fine.

(This is a "quote" from Dogpatch.)

My advise, if you've got one of these small reducers....get rid of it!!!

I took his advice and bought the Camco 20 to 30 amp. pigtail

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #4388

Appalachian Campers
I picked up a new to me pair of Honda EU2000i generators, parallel kit and the extended run tank.

Going to be putting a Honda EX4500 up for sale soon if anyone wants it!
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #4389

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Got rid of the crappy RV range in my fifth wheel and installed an apartment model free-standing unit in it's place.

Premier 20 in. 2.42 cu. ft. Freestanding Battery-Generated Spark Ignition Gas Range in Black-BAK100BP at The Home Depot

Still need to stain and varnish the trim boards, but is a nice improvement over the magic chef the Bighorn came with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0879.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	77632  
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #4390
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Bought a NOCO Genius charger for my chassis batteries. I have an Echo charger which seems to work alright for charging my coach batteries, but I'm tired of drained chassis batteries cause something's up with the Echo charger. A new Echo charger is $150. This NOCO is $76 and has a 12 step charging process at 7.2 amps.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1414459888.168500.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	77646
Old 10-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #4391

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=spritz;2286094]I give up, No shower in the 82 what a DRAG
Future purchase,

Hey Spritz,
I don't know if I will be able to help but I'd like to try. I know of a small hardware store here in Indy that has all kinds of older odd stuff (been in business for years...). They might have something the big box stores don't. They also have old guys (like me) that can figure out workarounds to make stuff fit.

Now, let me get this all straight. You need the pipe from the P trap to the sewer line. Is that the one that looks like an elbow with one really long side? Is it plastic or metal? Which end is which size? Which is male (with threads) and which is female (slides into the other pipe)? Do they use the common type of tapered washer and you tighten the nut down? Let me know this stuff and I'll see if they can figure out something that will work for you.

Dave Williams
Indianapolis, IN
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
On the Go - Finally..
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #4392

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
That would be a drag. I know it's not easy to work on and you said you can only get one arm in under the shower and I'm not there to see the installation. My suggestion, is it possible to change the basket in the shower so it would match the rest of the plumbing. It would take two people one in the shower the other under the shower. Don't know if that would work. Just thinking about it seems reasonable, but I'm not there.
BTW, What happened to your red Caddie convertible?
Chuck

Someone recommended trying Amazon, well guess what, I order a p-trap from them and between the complete trap including the strainer that they sent and some parts I didn't return I WAS ABLE TO GET THE CORRECT P-TRAP .
I am sooooo happy beyond belief
I can install tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out. I'm telling ya I am soo happy.
Not sure how to use the shower but I am sure you would have to turn it off as you lather or I will run out of Hotwater And fill the gray tank

As for the 64 I still got her, I went to change the thermostat 2 weeks ago and snapped both bolts off at the housing I kept spraying a product the guy next door gave us on the threads, I have never heard of it but it worked after 3 days of a shot twice a day I turned it forward and then back like a 1/2 of a turn and after maybe 15 minutes I got one out and then the other... Then the guy next door told me he thought that the Fan Clutch wasn't working so after a few days hunting I found one that is for a chev but it fits and does the job.
We put a couple hundred miles over the weekend and no problems and no leaks.
Here is a pic at my brothers place on Sunday.
Thanks for asking.
And sorry for going overboard but I am a very happy camper...
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1870.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	77654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1860.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	686.5 KB
ID:	77655  

Old 10-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #4393

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=daveandcarol;2287432]
Quote:
Future purchase,

Hey Spritz,
I don't know if I will be able to help but I'd like to try. I know of a small hardware store here in Indy that has all kinds of older odd stuff (been in business for years...). They might have something the big box stores don't. They also have old guys (like me) that can figure out workarounds to make stuff fit.

Now, let me get this all straight. You need the pipe from the P trap to the sewer line. Is that the one that looks like an elbow with one really long side? Is it plastic or metal? Which end is which size? Which is male (with threads) and which is female (slides into the other pipe)? Do they use the common type of tapered washer and you tighten the nut down? Let me know this stuff and I'll see if they can figure out something that will work for you.

Dave Williams
Indianapolis, IN
Thank you sir for the offer it was really a pain to find the correct parts the part that goes to the shower drain is 1 1/4 and the end that goes into the sewer line is 1 1/2. I found everything and tomorrow I will take pic's of the problem child!!!! And I will take a shot at the space I have to get into.
Thanks again everyone.
Tim
Old 10-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #4394
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Tim, Glad you finally found the right parts....now we'll be waitin' for those pics. Best of luck on getin' er done.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #4395

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Someone recommended trying Amazon, well guess what, I order a p-trap from them and between the complete trap including the strainer that they sent and some parts I didn't return I WAS ABLE TO GET THE CORRECT P-TRAP .
I am sooooo happy beyond belief
I can install tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out. I'm telling ya I am soo happy.
Not sure how to use the shower but I am sure you would have to turn it off as you lather or I will run out of Hotwater And fill the gray tank

As for the 64 I still got her, I went to change the thermostat 2 weeks ago and snapped both bolts off at the housing I kept spraying a product the guy next door gave us on the threads, I have never heard of it but it worked after 3 days of a shot twice a day I turned it forward and then back like a 1/2 of a turn and after maybe 15 minutes I got one out and then the other... Then the guy next door told me he thought that the Fan Clutch wasn't working so after a few days hunting I found one that is for a chev but it fits and does the job.
We put a couple hundred miles over the weekend and no problems and no leaks.
Here is a pic at my brothers place on Sunday.
Thanks for asking.
And sorry for going overboard but I am a very happy camper...
Tim
Tim, thanks for the update on your plumbing headache. I have always liked the late 50's and 60's caddies. Your is beautiful in red and white.

Chuck
Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis W/Tag Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid Platinum, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #4396

Do you have a PVC supply house in your area? In Maine, we have Portland Plastic Pipe. This type of supplier has fittings and adapters for all sizes and schedule PVC. Scan the Yellow Pages for the nearest city to you, or ask a plumber if there is one. PPP loves to help figure a problem like this.

elliott-maine is offline   Reply With Quote