Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #4565

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Copy. I really like the RM products.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #4566

Entegra Owners Club
Security Cameras

Just finished installing 24/7 mobile cradlepoint MBR 1400 4G LTE Broadband Router. This setup gives me access to the Internet across the country with a static I P address. It will also give me access from the Internet to view my on board cameras installed inside the coach remotely.
Cameras are all setup to detect motion and to send me an e-mail with 6 pictures.

The IP Static Address is from Verizon

so01.vezwstic (South)

If anyone wants to see my setup we will be camping with the ECOA at the Tampa RV Super Show from January 13th to 18th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARC MBR 1400 4G LTE Router.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	83061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Front Camera.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	83063  

Name:	Driver Side Camera.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	83064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Side Camera.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	83065  

Name:	Activity in front 1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	83066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Activity in front 3 (1).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	83067  

Attached Images

2016 F150 Bronze Super Crew Cab 4X4
BigmoneySr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #4567

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmoneySr View Post
Just finished installing 24/7 mobile cradlepoint MBR 1400 4G LTE Broadband Router. This setup gives me access to the Internet across the country with a static I P address. It will also give me access from the Internet to view my on board cameras installed inside the coach remotely.
Cameras are all setup to detect motion and to send me an e-mail with 6 pictures.

The IP Static Address is from Verizon

so01.vezwstic (South)

If anyone wants to see my setup we will be camping with the ECOA at the Tampa RV Super Show from January 13th to 18th
Fascinating. Would you have links to the various components?
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #4568

New Dash Panel

I got around to removing the factory dash panel on our 2014 Phaeton because the LCBU guage was not visible while in the seated position. Instead of Black plastic I used oak veneer 1/4 and relocated the guages so they can be seen.
Cost less than $30
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dash2a.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	83087  
Old 01-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #4569
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice job.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #4570

A 30 amp automatic transfer switch to replace the half jackmule set up the dealership installed to change over from a really small Onan to shore power. Why would anyone want to go outside to swap over the power cable to a plug under the dinette? I'm a newbie who bought it used and even I saw that as a bit ...ugh...ignorant!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #4571

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I got around to removing the factory dash panel on our 2014 Phaeton because the LCBU guage was not visible while in the seated position. Instead of Black plastic I used oak veneer 1/4 and relocated the guages so they can be seen.
Cost less than $30
I like it. Looks nice,
Father-in-law made me a new shelf for on the top of the dog house, maybe I can sweet talk him into doing something like this to my dash and match up to the shelf.
Great Idea,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #4572
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
A new head unit for the trip down to Key West. Has touchscreen operation, Satellite radio, DVD player, remote video output, Bluetooth music, hands free phone, and a lot of other stuff that I may or may not use.

Now all I have to do is install it.
Should be a fairly easy install if your existing stereo is a double din style. I have done several in my coaches. If your existing stereo is factory, you'll have to cut the wires on the plug-in harness. Make sure you don't cut off the wire labels or matching the wires on the new harness becomes way more involved.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #4573

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
LOOKS FANTASTIC! Good job!
TXUSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #4574

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Should be a fairly easy install if your existing stereo is a double din style. I have done several in my coaches. If your existing stereo is factory, you'll have to cut the wires on the plug-in harness. Make sure you don't cut off the wire labels or matching the wires on the new harness becomes way more involved.
A tip from someone who has done dozens of installs. if someone has cut off the labels or they have fallen off with age. Take a flashlight battery. AAA, AA, or D size. Put one negative speaker lead to one end of the battery and the other speaker lead to the other end of the battery. Keep touching and releasing the wire to the battery. It will make a loud static noise on the speaker.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #4575

A bottle of RV Digest-it
elliott-maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #4576

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by qchair62 View Post
A 30 amp automatic transfer switch to replace the half jackmule set up the dealership installed to change over from a really small Onan to shore power. Why would anyone want to go outside to swap over the power cable to a plug under the dinette? I'm a newbie who bought it used and even I saw that as a bit ...ugh...ignorant!
Not ignorant, Old style.That is the way the did it in the old days, before transfer switches. The way to use it was to always plug in the cord to the generator every time you unplugged from the power pole. That way you were always ready to start the generator and have power. The bad part was, If you had a storm in the middle of the night and lost power, you had to go out in the rain and plug in the generator. (In the 14 years I had the two motorhomes with manual plugins. I never had to go out and change over the power.) The good news was, they never gave any trouble. I actually had a couple of customers, in fifteen years, that paid me to go back to the plug in style. The old style was bullet proof.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #4577
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Thanks Les. The biggest difficulty that I face is changing from a single din to a double din opening. It looks like I have plenty of room, but I haven't pulled the dash panel to see what lurks behind. Should know in an hour or 2.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #4578

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Not ignorant, Old style.That is the way the did it in the old days, before transfer switches. The way to use it was to always plug in the cord to the generator every time you unplugged from the power pole. That way you were always ready to start the generator and have power. The bad part was, If you had a storm in the middle of the night and lost power, you had to go out in the rain and plug in the generator. (In the 14 years I had the two motorhomes with manual plugins. I never had to go out and change over the power.) The good news was, they never gave any trouble. I actually had a couple of customers, in fifteen years, that paid me to go back to the plug in style. The old style was bullet proof.
Do you really consider a 2005 model FR THAT old? Transfer switches were made in 2005 weren't they? The undersized Onan was a dealer installation. The $64 transfer switch was around then too right? The "old style might have been bullet proof, but for me to have to get in my wheelchair and go out to change it over makes it a pain. I'm glad I got the automatic transfer switch.