Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #4677

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
50' of warm white LED rope lights and an auto timer switch...

After giving others $#!T on another thread for leaving their rope lights on all night I learned that in the Arizona desert pack rats, also called wood rats, like to get into the underside of your rig and do a bunch of damage but they don't like light. So I shut my yapper, apologized to the world for my ignorance and joined the rope light ranks. I still dislike the really bright cool white LED's and I also placed mine underneath the coach, not around the outside, so minimal light pollution to the neighborhood.
We did that, placed all around the underneath of the rig. Sorry to say, it didn't work we still got the mice.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 01:15 AM   #4678

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A brand new Magic Chef MCIM30SST Ice Maker from Craigslist for $50.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #4679

Just got a mini Keurig so I don't have to tote the kitchen Keurig with me on weekend getways. I would rather just put water in it per use than have the big reservoir to worry about on the road.
Millennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #4680

Ford Super Duty Owner
This past Sunday, I ordered an air compressor, air bags and a big sway bar for our 2003 F 53 chassis Flair. Should ride/drive a lot better now. I did the new Alcoa wheels and tires right after buying it. And now, 70 on the freeway, and it's smooth as a baby's bottom.

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #4681

Spare belts for the engine, a must. Always nice to have if needed in the road somewhere.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #4682

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Lizards View Post
We did that, placed all around the underneath of the rig. Sorry to say, it didn't work we still got the mice.
Bummer... might be time for you to get Pepper a feline friend.
/ 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel :: built for comfort in the dirt / 1990 Miata :: built for fun
MandG-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #4683

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockTank View Post
This past Sunday, I ordered an air compressor, air bags and a big sway bar for our 2003 F 53 chassis Flair. Should ride/drive a lot better now. I did the new Alcoa wheels and tires right after buying it. And now, 70 on the freeway, and it's smooth as a baby's bottom.
Do you have the 19.5 tires and wheels?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #4684

Replaced the "mini" sofa on the passenger side with a Euro recliner for Papa Bear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0291.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	85824  
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #4685

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Do you have the 19.5 tires and wheels?
Yes, and they (the steel wheels) were out of round when I bought the coach, and went to have them balanced. I got the rims off of an eBay vendor, and I think in the New England area. They were $1500 for 4, shipped to AZ. New steel 19.5 wheels were almost $300 each, for good ones, and I could see that.

I got Firestone tires, and I installed Centramatic balancers. I think it was worth every penny I spent.

Now if the air bags and sway bar help on the wandering, I'll be a very happy camper!!

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #4686

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Bummer... might be time for you to get Pepper a feline friend.
Well, that would work. But since we are in the process of getting the house for sale and don't want to travel with a cat we will just keep putting traps out for now.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #4687

Newmar Owners Club
Third brake light, to the tune of $104.00. This is the 2nd one we have bought. Seems to me that they should last longer with the LED's
1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #4688

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940 ford View Post
Third brake light, to the tune of $104.00. This is the 2nd one we have bought. Seems to me that they should last longer with the LED's
I think it depends on the quality of the splitter circuit.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #4689

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Yes, and they (the steel wheels) were out of round when I bought the coach, and went to have them balanced. I got the rims off of an eBay vendor, and I think in the New England area. They were $1500 for 4, shipped to AZ. New steel 19.5 wheels were almost $300 each, for good ones, and I could see that.

I got Firestone tires, and I installed Centramatic balancers. I think it was worth every penny I spent.

Now if the air bags and sway bar help on the wandering, I'll be a very happy camper!!
Could you please look up the dealer and part number for me. Ford had a problem with the rims in the 1999 time frame. They were made in Mexico and were spec. to be within 3 thousands of an inch. They were out of round and not in spec. but Ford shipped them anyway. I have been trying to find a replacement in a aluminum wheels for a while.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #4690

Centramatic balancers

Quote:

So..tell me more about those Centramatic Balancers. I looked on Amazon and all I saw were ones for motorcycles. These are for the RV tires, correct?
Thanks!

TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote