Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #4859

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Went to buy a new set of tire covers @ a Privately owned MH Dealer S of the City's yesterday,for my 82 PA and they wanted $35.00 for a set. Before I went I looked on line and they had a internet sale for the exact same set for $22.00 . They wouldn't give me the price in person so I left without any tire coversIt was a nice drive though. CW here I come.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #4860

Dash Cam, Oh boy, another toy.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #4861

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
Dash Cam, Oh boy, another toy.
LOL, I love my dash cam. We used it on our way to and from alaska, it is pretty cool to look back at those videos now and remember. Fat chance of driving 12000 miles again for that! LOL
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #4862

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post

Which do you recommend, and why.

ronspradley
Ron,

As noted in my previous post I HIGHLY recommend the Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

I have had mine since December 2012 and I have had ZERO problems. No lost signals, no screen or data freezes, It has been totally 100% reliable and consistent.

Change the batteries every two years and you will never have a problem.

It is extremely easy to program or change programs. Even changing out the batteries is easy. I plan to record a YouTube video with instructions on how to easily change out the batteries in the sensors. I have offered it to Tire SafeGuard so they can post it on their web site.

Just yesterday I purchased a Tire SafeGuard TPMS for my 2004 Arlen Ness Limited Signature Edition Victory motorcycle. That's how much I believe and trust in this TPMS.

As far as I am concerned it is the only TPMS that you will ever need to own.

Trust me you will NOT be disappointed.

They have great customer service however there is only one person that takes care of sales and technical service. His name is Dion. His mobile number is 818-400-9976.

The company is headed up by Steve Wong who pretty much works out of the company office. His focus is mainly working on worldwide sales & marketing plus future technology improvements.

You can use my name as a reference and referral, Richard Smith, but I want to be very clear that I have no monetary connection to this company other than I have complete and total faith in their TPMS versus all others.

Also, as with any type of electronic device, there could be an electrical glitch with any device. If there is they will take care of it for you.

As an example, when I first installed the signal booster it would not light up when power was applied to it. They sent me a new one immediately. Well, that one reacted the same. So then they thought it was the connector cable. Well, since Dion lives only a few miles away from where I am volunteering, he came over with a new cable and a new signal booster. As it turned out the third signal booster worked correctly and lit up when power was applied so it wasn't the cable as they had previously thought. However, they had never seen TWO signal boosters fail like that. But all is well now and the system is working flawlessly.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #4863

New upholstery and paneling total remodel almost done.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #4864

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Ron,

As noted in my previous post I HIGHLY recommend the Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

I have had mine since December 2012 and I have had ZERO problems. No lost signals, no screen or data freezes, It has been totally 100% reliable and consistent.

Change the batteries every two years and you will never have a problem.

It is extremely easy to program or change programs. Even changing out the batteries is easy. I plan to record a YouTube video with instructions on how to easily change out the batteries in the sensors. I have offered it to Tire SafeGuard so they can post it on their web site.

Just yesterday I purchased a Tire SafeGuard TPMS for my 2004 Arlen Ness Limited Signature Edition Victory motorcycle. That's how much I believe and trust in this TPMS.

As far as I am concerned it is the only TPMS that you will ever need to own.

Trust me you will NOT be disappointed.

They have great customer service however there is only one person that takes care of sales and technical service. His name is Dion. His mobile number is 818-400-9976.

The company is headed up by Steve Wong who pretty much works out of the company office. His focus is mainly working on worldwide sales & marketing plus future technology improvements.

You can use my name as a reference and referral, Richard Smith, but I want to be very clear that I have no monetary connection to this company other than I have complete and total faith in their TPMS versus all others.

Also, as with any type of electronic device, there could be an electrical glitch with any device. If there is they will take care of it for you.

As an example, when I first installed the signal booster it would not light up when power was applied to it. They sent me a new one immediately. Well, that one reacted the same. So then they thought it was the connector cable. Well, since Dion lives only a few miles away from where I am volunteering, he came over with a new cable and a new signal booster. As it turned out the third signal booster worked correctly and lit up when power was applied so it wasn't the cable as they had previously thought. However, they had never seen TWO signal boosters fail like that. But all is well now and the system is working flawlessly.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Thanks for the response. I looked on your link and as I see it there are three types of sensors. I was asking which type of their sensors are you using. Thanks again.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #4865

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for the misunderstanding...

I use ALL Cap sensors for the coach and car/trailer.

The new Motorcycle TPMS that I just purchased also has Cap sensors but they are smaller than the ones for the RV and car/trailer.

They offer internal sensors but that an be expensive to install and to change out batteries.

They also offer the very popular Flow-Through sensors that some people like. However I don't like that extra size and bulk on the end of my valve stems. Besides, my philosophy is that to add or remove air using the Flow-Through sensors you have to remove a cap from the top of the sensor. No different than removing a Cap sensor. They both need to be unscrewed and screwed back on.

It's a personal choice that is up to each individual as to what type of sensor they want to use.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #4866

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
They also offer the very popular Flow-Through sensors that some people like. However I don't like that extra size and bulk on the end of my valve stems. Besides, my philosophy is that to add or remove air using the Flow-Through sensors you have to remove a cap from the top of the sensor. No different than removing a Cap sensor. They both need to be unscrewed and screwed back on.
I completely agree with you Richard. Besides that, I initially had lots of problems with my flow through sensors, and NONE with the cap type. I switched over from flow-through to caps all the way around now--RV and the toad. Mine is the TST brand, and I choose not to use their theft-deterrent system from my caps too so that the caps fit more easily on my toad's after-market rims, and so that it's easier to remove them when adding or removing air. My RV is in locked storage or at an RV park 100% of the time, so cap theft is not something I worry about. If someone steals a cap from my Jeep, I'll buy another, but so far nobody's even taken a second look at them. My Jeep has black wheel rims anyway, and those black TST caps blend right in. In my book, the fewer deterrents there are to proper tire inflation, the better!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #4867

Newmar Owners Club
Three things were recently purchased for the coach:
1. re-skin & repaint
2. frameless windows
3. entry step that goes all the way to the ground

Go to 2015 Coach Upgrades - iRV2.com RV Photo Gallery for pictures.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #4868

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A "campfire in a can" for cold nights in places that don't allow wood fires and a Cuisinart "Chef Style" Propane tabletop grill.

Propane is my friend...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #4869

Gulf Streamers Club
Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

Thanks Richard. That was the info I was wanting.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #4870

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Richard,

I too have the Tire SafeGuard and I agree, it is a great unit. Mine is ten years old now.

I don't understand why you need a signal booster though, mine works fine without one. I store my RV at home and park my dingy well over 100' from my RV, yet my monitor easily picks up the signal my from my dingy's wheel sensors. No need for a booster with my unit.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #4871

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
new fixtures for the bath sink ad kitchen
new moen and delta

hopefully tomorrow get them installed
Old 03-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #4872

Table top ice maker--$85 for remanufactured unit.

I pour about a saucepan of water into it daily, and it constantly makes ice. Makes enough for all our uses.