Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 04:45 AM   #5139

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A new water pump and halogen light fixtures
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #5140

Quote:
Originally Posted by artpe54 View Post
I bought a tire pressure monitoring system. Also just bought a CB antenna that I need to install.
CB? I am surprised anybody is still using CB these days. We get just about nothing on the west coast areas. With cell phones, almost nobody uses them any more. Stripped my CB equipment some time ago.

Phil Swanson
95 Babybird.
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #5141

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
CB? I am surprised anybody is still using CB these days. We get just about nothing on the west coast areas. With cell phones, almost nobody uses them any more.
. Cell phone and CB are totally different applications. I find both useful, although you are right that there is far less noise on the CB channels since it is no longer the faddish thing to have.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #5142

Winnebago Owners Club
New wheel covers, and made a new quilt for over the sofa.

Leslie
2003 Minnie Winnie
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #5143

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
. Cell phone and CB are totally different applications. I find both useful, although you are right that there is far less noise on the CB channels since it is no longer the faddish thing to have.
Being our group usually travels beyond cell coverage we like to chat and arrange st6ops etc via the CB. Also there is the problem of provinces and states making the use of cell phones illegal when underway. I have mine, I have the decal posted and I use mine as needed.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #5144

Bought a Renogy 100w suitcase solar panel set a couple weeks ago. Still in box. Got it a day or so before involved in a car accident. Trying to get all that situated. Hope to pull it out this next week. Possibly do a video on it.
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #5145

THE BEST mattress ever-Brentwood Home cool gel 13" memory foam King Rv. Total comfort!!!!!
I wish we had this mattress at home.
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #5146

Winnebago Owners Club
1000 watt inverter
ebrownell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:48 AM   #5147

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Computer word processing and typewriters are different applications too but the typewriter is obsolete.

Phil Swanson
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Also there is the problem of provinces and states making the use of cell phones illegal when underway. I have mine, I have the decal posted and I use mine as needed.
Interesting to note that our legislative geniuses find danger, correctly in my opinion, in cell phone usage while driving, so much so that many pass a law regarding it, but apparently see no problem with the identical distraction as long as it's done with a microphone in the hand instead of a cell phone.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:27 AM   #5149

Correct you talk on a phone or a microphone. BUT, you cannot text on a microphone, which is much more distracting than talking ona phone. IMHO. I am glad the fad is gone from the CB, now we can have more of a clear channel. I also monitor my ham radio going down the road. Not much traffic on it either. I will not be without either the CB or the ham radio.
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:33 AM   #5150

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Computer word processing and typewriters are different applications too but the typewriter is obsolete.

Phil Swanson
I was sure glad to have my obsolete C B this last weekend. We went to Savannah on I-16. There was a lot of road work on I-16. Signs said road work ahead, but the left lane closed and right lane closed were when you were in sight of the closed lanes. Because of my C B, I knew well ahead of time which lane to be in.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #5151

A memory foam topper for the bed and a new awning mat.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #5152

When you are stuck in a traffic jam on the highway in the middle of nowhere, a cell phone is useless. If I'd had a cell phone recently, I would have saved a three hour wait after a bad accident.
elliott-maine is offline   Reply With Quote