Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #5419

New parts for our Onan 5500 generator and 2 new 6V batteries for the coach. We only have the one RV now.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #5420

Towing Stuff

I managed to stumble onto a Roadmaster Falcon F2 tow bar system for $20 from a guy who walked into our RV store and was giving up FT, and then got a Roadmaster Even Brake braking system for $550 on EBay.

Almost there now, just need the tow plates installed on my Wrangler, the wiring repaired/upgraded on my MH, and I'm ready for a toad test trip.

What's the best protection method for my toad from stones, etc.?

Oh, also: installed new Interstate house battery and new wiper blades.

Yahooo!

Pancho

GC Rapidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #5421
Commercial Member

Big jobs lately. We just had a new front cabinet installed to hold a larger TV and move it back toward the window. This got rid of the head bumper. Then. so we could actually sit facing the TV we got a wonderful stress free chair that we pull out when we arrive at our site. We also removed the small couch and put a flip up table and small shelves in to have as a work space/desk. Now we want to get all the cabinet doors redone to look as good. That will be on our wish list.
Now it is in for mechanical needs. Getting the dash air conditioner recharged, the inverter is being replaced with a whopping 2000 watt, and we are having a wheel seal done. This is an expensive visit.
Do any of you other part timers find that it is often a $500 bill just to take your coach out for a week
Old 08-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #5422
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Rapidman View Post
I managed to stumble onto a Roadmaster Falcon F2 tow bar system for $20 from a guy who walked into our RV store and was giving up FT, and then got a Roadmaster Even Brake braking system for $550 on EBay.

Almost there now, just need the tow plates installed on my Wrangler, the wiring repaired/upgraded on my MH, and I'm ready for a toad test trip.

Yahooo!

Pancho
There are many different ideas for protecting your toad. You probably want to search toad protection to find the different forums dedicated to that question.
If you are looking for information on mud flaps, we have a lot of information under the vendors spotlight forum for you to start with. Or give us a call.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #5423

newly added

4 Koni FSD shocks an Awning Pro cover and a shower head
Old 08-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #5424

Added a garmin dashcam recently and just tested it out this weekend ( i like a lot) Peace of mind if someone merges slow and late or brake checks or short stops on me. Will not prevent me from hitting someone but it sure will help in court and with the insuarnce claim.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #5425

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Rapidman View Post

Yahooo!

Pancho
I use a Protect a Tow and find it works well.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #5426

Freightliner Owners Club
We use Rock Guard on the MH for our Jeeps and boat... never a chip.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #5427

Coleman LXE gas grill and a Mr Heater 12ft gas line to connect to my main tank. Then to Pepboys for some red lens repair tape because nobody has replacement running light lenses. And while up topside more LED lamp replacements.
Abitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #5428

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitbig View Post
Coleman LXE gas grill and a Mr Heater 12ft gas line to connect to my main tank. Then to Pepboys for some red lens repair tape because nobody has replacement running light lenses. And while up topside more LED lamp replacements.
We found perfect fit replacements by taking out the lens and measuring it every which way and then going on line to fine a suitable replacement by using the dimensions we measured. Winnebago bought the originals from someone. YMMV.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #5429

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Finally bought a 20' flexible sewer hose support. Never used one for the old RV, but I saw the need for one when I camped at a campground where the sewer was a little on the high side.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:04 AM   #5430

Just bought a heated water hose for this winter. this will be the first time camping in an area that will freeze. Any advice for winter camping?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #5431

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 3 Bears View Post
Just bought a heated water hose for this winter. this will be the first time camping in an area that will freeze. Any advice for winter camping?

If you are getting down To mid 20s or lower then also wrap heat tape around the fresh water riser and put a foam pipe wrap around it. Make sure the sewer hose doesn't have any standing water in it.

Make sure you have some source of heat in the bay's with water connections and the doors are reasonably tight. A drop cord with an incandescent bulb may do the trick.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:15 AM   #5432

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 3 Bears View Post
Check out this thread......

Can you actually survive a midwest winter in a Class A?

Cougarkid is online now   Reply With Quote