Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #5923
Senior Member
 
spritz's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: c above
Posts: 4,607
New 23 ft Fiberglass flag pole in silver looks like aluminum
New Flag
New Home State flag to fly under old glory. (Freebie)
Ladder holder Hardware.
Bought in Quartzsite in the tent's.
Tim
__________________

__________________
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #5924
Senior Member
 
chuckbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Crystal River, Florida
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Add XM radio and it will get much better. Deals are on the net.
Already have a Sat radio receiver. Antenna was installed when we did the KingDome dish. I need to install the receiver inside the coach. Chuck
__________________

__________________
Chuck and Susan
1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34J
Triton V10 Gas
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #5925
Member
 
Nadge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Naples, fl
Posts: 38
I use a plastic tip tie through the louver just in case.
__________________
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:34 PM   #5926
Member
 
Nadge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Naples, fl
Posts: 38
Here's my "had to have" list of projects I installed when I bought this 2013 Allegro 36 LAI have made several upgrades to my Allegro which are typically found on the more expensive rigs.
Here are the upgrades I installed.

Exterior 30" articulating arm TV and custom stereo radio install.

Refrigerator had the condensate water hose end discharge water just outside the exterior refrigerator access panel. I rerouted an extension to this hose behind the access panel floor, through basement and onto ground.


Two exterior 32" X 26" deep platform steps with handrail to provide a more stable step access for persons with stability issues.

a 6 foot slideout hot & cold water camper sink.

Glass tile kitchen sink backsplash.

Dishwasher under sink cabinet.

Both bathrooms embossed panel wall covering.

Rear facing grill lights operated from dash used for backing up and night rear end access lighting once parked.

My winter project will be to replace the engine carpet covering with the same vinyl fabric used on the couch.

Lastly, when the pullout couch is open, it is so close to the fireplace, anyone wishing to get from the back, past the couch, must climb over the persons in the bed. It also prevents access to the refrigerator for early riser coffee makers.
I will make a suitable furniture grade and appropriate height and length bench to butt up against the closed up couch and with custom made same vinyl cushions to serve as the bed extension for two person use. This will allow easy access past the in service sleeping accommodation and access to refrigerator.

That's it, I haven't seen any additional "must have" items to add, as yet>
__________________
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #5927
Member
 
Nadge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Naples, fl
Posts: 38
Forgot the change out of the front floor carpet to same vinyl tiles used throughout the rig.
__________________
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #5928
Member
 
Nadge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Naples, fl
Posts: 38
My fix was, I used 1/8" airplane cable, tied figure eight style around the two cables and used the soft metal cable connectors to complete connection. This essentially prevents separation of surge protector from the coach cable. The two get stowed as one connection. Any would be thief is deterred unless he carries a cable cutter with him/her.
: - ))
__________________
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #5929
Senior Member
 
Chiefly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 247
Bought a new HGTV antenna and replaced the old air antenna. New flat screen tv for the front arrives Monday but removing the old one about gave me a hernia! Replaced a cracked basement 110 outlet and swapped out the docking lights with new LED lights. What a difference they make! So much more light and uses significantly less energy. Replaced the 4 rear brake light assemblies as the silver inside was gone and the brightness was not where it needed to be. I hate sealed units but bit the bullet and replaced them. Replaced the ceiling fan as ours needed a new bearing. Something to be said for it not clunking... Heading out soon for southern CA and AZ for warmer and hopefully dryer weather!


Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #5930
Senior Member
 
VAParrothead's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Home Base: Northern Virginia
Posts: 278
1. Complete replacement of 12-year-old TV system.
* Winegard Sensar IV antenna (replaced OEM Sensar II antenna)
* Winegard Sensar Pro Signal Meter (new)
* Samsung flat screen TV (replaced OEM analog cathode ray tube TV that couldn't display digital over-the-air TV broadcasts)
* Blu-Ray/DVD player (replaced VHS player)
* Remove Before Flight banner to hang from interior antenna directional handle as a reminder to lower antenna before moving RV.

2. Moved connection for cable TV from next to entrance door on passenger side to driver side rear near other connections (electric, water, sewer, etc.).

3. Moved air hose connections for rear air bags from left rear wheel well to exterior wall of coach for better access.
__________________
2004 Itasca Spirit -- The Darlin' Dot II
A big fan of Jimmy Buffett, The Boston Red Sox & The Open Road
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses."
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #5931
Senior Member
 
zmotorsports's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
New 23 ft Fiberglass flag pole in silver looks like aluminum
New Flag
New Home State flag to fly under old glory. (Freebie)
Ladder holder Hardware.
Bought in Quartzsite in the tent's.
Tim
Nice, I ordered a flag, mount and camp locator last week that should be here hopefully in the next few days.

Mike.
__________________
Mike & Chrystal/ 2011 Jeep JKUR
Link to our 2003 Monaco Baroness Projects/Mods thread here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276.html
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #5932
Senior Member
 
southernlady's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 202
A cover for ours. We have two leaks in the roof and it's too cold to fix right now so getting a cover to keep it dry until the weather gets above freezing.
__________________
2001 Newmar Dutch Star DSDP3852
Me, Husband, Desi & Lucy [Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix]
We leave the feline contingent at home.
southernlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #5933
Senior Member
 
eightydid's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Posts: 1,199
A sixteen and one half foot telescoping ladder.
Robot Check
__________________
2014 Voltage 3200
06 Ram 3500 DRW
2005 FLHTCI You Can't Fix STUPID
eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #5934
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydid View Post
A sixteen and one half foot telescoping ladder.
Robot Check

Man, those things are heavy.....


Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #5935
Senior Member
 
MJoyce's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 134
Four coach batteries (Interstate) to go with the two chassis batteries a couple of months ago.
__________________
Marty and Denise chased by Casey our GR
'06 Monaco Knight 40 PDQ followed by '08 Honda CR-V
MJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #5936
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadge View Post
Here's my "had to have" list of projects I installed when I bought this 2013 Allegro 36 LAI have made several upgrades to my Allegro which are typically found on the more expensive rigs.
Here are the upgrades I installed.

Exterior 30" articulating arm TV and custom stereo radio install.

Refrigerator had the condensate water hose end discharge water just outside the exterior refrigerator access panel. I rerouted an extension to this hose behind the access panel floor, through basement and onto ground.


Two exterior 32" X 26" deep platform steps with handrail to provide a more stable step access for persons with stability issues.

a 6 foot slideout hot & cold water camper sink.

Glass tile kitchen sink backsplash.

Dishwasher under sink cabinet.

Both bathrooms embossed panel wall covering.

Rear facing grill lights operated from dash used for backing up and night rear end access lighting once parked.

My winter project will be to replace the engine carpet covering with the same vinyl fabric used on the couch.

Lastly, when the pullout couch is open, it is so close to the fireplace, anyone wishing to get from the back, past the couch, must climb over the persons in the bed. It also prevents access to the refrigerator for early riser coffee makers.
I will make a suitable furniture grade and appropriate height and length bench to butt up against the closed up couch and with custom made same vinyl cushions to serve as the bed extension for two person use. This will allow easy access past the in service sleeping accommodation and access to refrigerator.

That's it, I haven't seen any additional "must have" items to add, as yet>
Forget the dishwasher and go with paper plates! You don't need to be going thru the hassle of handling and scraping dishes, not to mention they rattle and like to break.
__________________

__________________
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 4 guests)
Daveht, Miramar2014
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just bought VMSpc, Can't find Diagnostic Connector! HELP!!!! dapperphil Monaco Owner's Forum 6 06-30-2010 08:30 PM
Just bought 1st RV RickCanada New Member Check-In 9 06-23-2010 10:26 PM
WOW I just bought a new RV Bar B Q Paul R. Haller 5th Wheel Discussion 2 03-30-2010 11:02 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.