Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #589

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last Friday: two starting batteries, $300
Today: four house batteries, $539
Next: two covers for the slideouts, about $300
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #590

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
Very nice Dan. I wish you had included a photo standing back a little. How much ground cleanance does this leave you?
Ted, I was a little optimistic in my estimate, the ground clearance is 21 3/4 inches to the bottom of the PVC pipe. That could actually be increased by about 2 more inches had I used shorter lag bolts. If I do this right, there should be another photo attached standing back a little further...ignore the mess under the rig!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	17242
Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #591

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice job! Are these for sale?
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #592

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Nice job! Are these for sale?

Didn't I answer that for you? Come South (theres a empty spot next to mine near the beach) and we'll do them for yours together. It's either that, or wait until there is something like warm weather in your neck of the woods!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #593

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Ted, I was a little optimistic in my estimate, the ground clearance is 21 3/4 inches to the bottom of the PVC pipe. That could actually be increased by about 2 more inches had I used shorter lag bolts. If I do this right, there should be another photo attached standing back a little further...ignore the mess under the rig!
Optimistic, that is a good way to put it.. LOL I went out and braved the snow to take a couple mesaurements since the snow is now slush. Well my tail end does taper up like your Outlaw, but no where near as much and at the high point I only have 16 inches of clearnance rigth now, so I don't think your storage system is going to work for me, but it is a great way to go for those with the needed clearance.

Not the best photo, I think it is too cold from my camera, it wants SUNSHINE!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_5206.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	17243  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #594

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Replaced the old toilet paper holder and towel ring with new Moen models.

Replaced the 50amp Main breaker, due to power issues. Ended up being an issue with the breaker in the garage , but the RV has anew breaker anyway .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TPholder.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	17519   Click image for larger version

Name:	TowelRing.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	17520  

Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #595

A bunch of assorted little items at the end of the season, things I'd been wanting to get all summer but always forgot:

Water softener gadget for the kitchen sink, as it has always seemed to make a splattering mess when you turn it on (despite having one from factory). This $3.50 mod has totally eliminated the mess.

Also replaced the tp holder. Last one was screwed into luan door, and finally just popped right out.

Command strips from 3M to hang various items I have bought with the specific reason of hanging in the TT, but never wanted to put holes in my walls. Command Strips from 3M are AMAZING. I even bought a large one for a robe hook for the bathroom door.

A full length mirror that I put behind the bathroom door (facing the inside of the coach, not the bathroom itself. Really widens up the living area by making it appear larger, and great to now have a REAL mirror!

Plastic fridge door spacers that work better than my old method of putting kitchen towels in the door jams on my freezer and fridge doors after winterizing. These gadgets don't cost but a few dollars and keep the doors locked in a semi open position to prevent mildew while winterized.

Lastly, I haven't bought them yet, but will before my next trip - new gravity chairs. Tossed out the old ones at the end of our last trip. Might get a new awning mat as well.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #596

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
picked up a new-looking fantastic endless breeze box fan from Goodwill. 15 bux, with an 8-foot extension cable.

like this one:

Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #597

A new rooftop antenna, just bought this unit and I guess I did not need the old one since I forgot to crank it down!

I will not do that again!
Gfxhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #598

Newmar Owners Club
Got a new sewer hose. No more worry about when it will start leaking.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Got a new sewer hose. No more worry about when it will start leaking.
I think that is going to be on my list this year too.

Camping world has a flexible hose that stays put, like it has wire in it or something. I wonder if anyone has tried that, or thinks they are a good idea? I kind of like the idea, but can't really decide if it is that much of a benefit or not. What I like is how it gets very small for storage, and you just stretch out what you need. I hate it when the sewage connection is very close to the TT and even a small ten foot hose is all bunched up as it is too long....there is a video that shows this in use if anyone is interested in looking at my link below. Good Sam member price is $32.00, that isn't much more than a regular hose with fittings.

Camco RV - RhinoFLEX Swivel RV Sewer Kit - 39761 - Sewer Hoses - Camping World
Old 01-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #600
YC1

Replaced the small flexsteel love seat with a nice cloth double recliner love seat. Much more cozy and has foot rests.

Added a performance chip to the 400 ISL. Nice easy mod and made a big difference.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #601

Removed the sleeper sofa and put in 2 swiveling, gliding recliners.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadTrip View Post
Removed the sleeper sofa and put in 2 swiveling, gliding recliners.

Those look very nice! I'd like to have those in my den at home. LOL

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get these, and are they RV specific recliners, or you just used them in your RV? I'd almost like to replace the two recliners in mine for something like these, these look much more comfortable. I am thinking they are for RV's as it appears they have a base that bolts to floor???