Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #6161

Winnebago Owners Club
Maxair vent fan easy install,removed old non power vent. All went well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #6162

I spent the money to buy an expanding ladder to be able to release the motors if my Schwintek slides should ever fail to retract properly. My slides have been working well, but I figured that if I didn't buy a ladder, they would certainly fail!

Old 03-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #6163

I saved a bundle of $$. Instead of buying an air compressor from any RV place and connecting it to my air shock system. I bought a $10 air compressor that plugs into my lighter and reaches around to the front where my air bag connects to the valve stems. I can put the little air compressor on and pump them up where I want them in a minute and be on my way!!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:58 AM   #6164

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid_dk View Post
A Green Mountain Grill Davey Crocket purchased at the local Oregon/Washington Coastal farm store. It's in the Coastal add this week and with purchase you get a $100 gift card. It gets even better! GMG is having a early bird promotion so you also get a free grill cover ($49.95) and an extended 4 year warranty ($119). The starting price at the local Coastal was $365. Did a Tri-tip the other day and it turned out marvelously.
Love my Davey Crocket. From fish,burgers,pork butt,brisket anything is better with a little smoke.

http://i.imgur.com/YxyXtWrl.jpg[/IMG]

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #6165

Monaco Owners Club
4 house batteries - Interstate
Toad - 2008 CR-V
Blue ox tow bar

May need to sell the RV to finance the stuff for the RV!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #6166

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
That's a bomb waiting to go off. You need to check tires with a gauge not a baseball bat! Well worth your time. What about the inside dual? This is false security. Leave bats for playing baseball, not checking tires!

The big rig drivers have been using this method for decades. We use it also for a quick check and a gauge later when time permits. Just another added safety measure. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #6167
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
The big rig drivers have been using this method for decades. We use it also for a quick check and a gauge later when time permits. Just another added safety measure. Chuck
For sure - hang around a truck stop for a couple hours. You will see drivers with their clubs walk around their rigs thumping on tires. A tire that is low will go thud while one with enough air (note, I said enough air, not necessarily correctly filled) will go 'boiiiing'. It's a quick and dirty trick but does not replace a regular gauge check. I cannot imagine that a big rig driver would use many minutes of his allotted daily driving time to check 18 or more tires in a standard, double or triple trailer outfit with a gauge.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #6168

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
For sure - hang around a truck stop for a couple hours. You will see drivers with their clubs walk around their rigs thumping on tires. A tire that is low will go thud while one with enough air (note, I said enough air, not necessarily correctly filled) will go 'boiiiing'. It's a quick and dirty trick but does not replace a regular gauge check. I cannot imagine that a big rig driver would use many minutes of his allotted daily driving time to check 18 or more tires in a standard, double or triple trailer outfit with a gauge.
Yea but you don't have 18 tires on your RV. And you can see rubber all over the road from those big rigs! And many are running retreads which your RV isn't. If you want to do a quick and dirty tire check, instead of a baseball bat, go to Harbor Freight and get an infa-red pistol temperature gauge. A low tire will be running hotter. You can also check dragging brakes that way.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #6169

I thought this was a "Last thing you bought thread"

There are tons of posts about tires and pressure, take it there.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #6170

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Love my Davey Crocket. From fish,burgers,pork butt,brisket anything is better with a little smoke.

http://i.imgur.com/YxyXtWrl.jpg[/IMG]

GREAT!! Thank you, now I'm hungry.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #6171

A couple of parks that we use we sometimes get there after dark and backing into some of the sites, pretty dark, is a little of a challenge especially with the DW wandering around back there with a flashlight.
I put these on our previous unit and just added them to our new one. On both sides at the rear down on the side just above the bottom of the bottom of the body skirt. I know, I'll get pictures. Anyway they are the small porch style lights that sit at a slight angle shining down a little and have a switch on the body. Wire them in for 12v and when turned on it's amazing how well you can see all the way back to the end of the trailer. Makes it way easier to manage, especially in a smaller site. Minimal expense. Got the lights from etrailer in black body to go with our color scheme. They also have white.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #6172

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Picked up a medium-sized Stanley ice chest for beer or soft drinks while sitting outside and a griddle.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #6173
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
I ordered a sewer sock today. Will post a review after I have had a chance to try it out.

SEWER SOCK - How To Keep Rodents Out of RV
I stuff plastic dish scrubbers into the spaces around my sewer and electric openings to keep critters out. Not as pretty as this product but costs about $1. After a ground squirrel invasion I had to do something.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #6174

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttravel View Post
A couple of parks that we use we sometimes get there after dark and backing into some of the sites, pretty dark, is a little of a challenge especially with the DW wandering around back there with a flashlight.
I put these on our previous unit and just added them to our new one. On both sides at the rear down on the side just above the bottom of the bottom of the body skirt. I know, I'll get pictures. Anyway they are the small porch style lights that sit at a slight angle shining down a little and have a switch on the body. Wire them in for 12v and when turned on it's amazing how well you can see all the way back to the end of the trailer. Makes it way easier to manage, especially in a smaller site. Minimal expense. Got the lights from etrailer in black body to go with our color scheme. They also have white.
Took the TT out of storage this weekend to de-winterize and get ready for some Camping. Have a nice city owned park about 15 minutes away so it was our staging area. Wanted to add a picture of the little lights I added to assist with backing into dark areas. And the whole rig.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	120761
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	120760