Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #6287

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
Just replaced my in motion satellite, show nozzles, added a galley TV, and direct TV to the coach

Please elaborate, how much, what brand, did you install? Mine has not worked in a year

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison

It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #6288

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnDan View Post
Please elaborate, how much, what brand, did you install? Mine has not worked in a year

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison

It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion
I'm changing to the road trip mission. The MV-3500 is a discontinued model and there are no replacement parts. So I contacted Winegard and because I have a winegard satellite now I was able to purchase a refurbished unit saving a lot of money. If you have a Winegard, call or chat with them. You should be able to do the same.

Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #6289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
I'm changing to the road trip mission. The MV-3500 is a discontinued model and there are no replacement parts. So I contacted Winegard and because I have a winegard satellite now I was able to purchase a refurbished unit saving a lot of money. If you have a Winegard, call or chat with them. You should be able to do the same.
Only issue here is this dish only receives standard picture on Directv. No hi-def.
I wanted to get a roof mounted one but hi-def is a must. Going to stick with my 5 LNB on a tripod and receive HD.

Phil Swanson
Old 04-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #6290

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Only issue here is this dish only receives standard picture on Directv. No hi-def.
I wanted to get a roof mounted one but hi-def is a must. Going to stick with my 5 LNB on a tripod and receive HD.

Phil Swanson
You are correct Phil, it does not receive Hi-Def with direct tv.
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #6291

Winnebago Owners Club
AT&T Velocity Mobile Hotspot.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #6292

King Controls RVM2001 Bluetooth Speaker and LED porch light w/app control.
- To replace the plain incandescent and add some tunes outside the coach. Really a cool unit! LEDs change color and dim through phone app, plus the Bluetooth music is a nice addition. I'm impressed with the sound quality (even considering it price) It will play louder -and still clean sounding, than I will likely ever use it!

Camco Big Red Campfire
- My kids always want to do smores when we camp, and I don't always want to smell like a woodsman. The reviews were great, we'll see how it is this weekend.

Denver Premium Latex Mattress
- I was shocked to see how small the box was! DO NOT open outside the coach! (thankfully I had received that advise) We haven't had a night to put it through its paces yet, but after it was all unpacked and the bed was remade, a quick lay on it tells me it's going to be REALLY close to my Temperpedic in the house that we love! Again, we'll see how it really is this weekend.

Last, I changed out 4 of our receptacles through the coach with Leviton T5632-B 15amp dual USB duplex receptacles. For phones, tablets, etc. it is nice to not need the plug adapters to charge plus it frees up the regular receps.
Troostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #6293

Our first (and last) trip to Camping World we got one of those wooden boards that goes over the sink to provide more counter space. Well worth it, but we won't be shopping at CW again. Probably could've saved $10+ literally anywhere else.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #6294

Today we spent a bundle. An alignment, 2 new Goodyear front tires on the motorhome plus an M&G braking system for our Jeep Wrangler hookup.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #6295

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Phil Swanson
If you really want a roof mount satellite antenna that receives Direct TV HD the Winegard Trav'ler does and supports up to 4 receivers.

http://www.winegard.com/travler
Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis W/Tag Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid Platinum, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:31 AM   #6296

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New batteries all around. 12volt up front, dual 6volters in the back.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #6297

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
If you really want a roof mount satellite antenna that receives Direct TV HD the Winegard Trav'ler does and supports up to 4 receivers.

Winegard TRAV'LER RV Satellite Antennas - DIRECTV HD RV Antenna
This is not a dome but a BIG dish on our roof that you can't use while traveling despite its name. Might as well stick with the tripod. I could never get this thing into my garage! Not to mention knocking it off. No advantage over ground version.

Phil Swanson
Old 04-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #6298

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Forgot to add: gonna make new hold downs out of stainless steel threaded rods and G10 plastic across the top of the batteries.

Also installed a trik-l-start at the paralleling relay under the steps.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #6299
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
This is not a dome but a BIG dish on our roof that you can't use while traveling despite its name. Might as well stick with the tripod. I could never get this thing into my garage! Not to mention knocking it off. No advantage over ground version.

Phil Swanson
BIG advantage. It self seeks and locks on the sats, all at the touch of a button. As for fitting in your garage, when stowed its lower than the A/C units. I also don't have to find a place to store it.

Only advantages to the tripod would be the lower initial cost and the ability to move it independent of the coach if in a site with a lot of trees or other obstructions - rarely an issue for us.
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #6300

- New burner and ignition probe for the fridge
- ARP 2.1
- 4ea. Noctura fans for aux fridge cooling when needed