Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #6455

I changed out all my ceiling lights (27 bulbs) with LED light bulbs (http://www.amazon.com/24-3528-Bulb-S...cm_rdp_product) in my TT. All bulbs worked without issue. These bulbs are much brighter than the incandescent bulbs. Since we always get full hookup or use generators when dry camping I didn't do it to save on battery power. What I like about these bulbs is that they are brighter and the fan on my inverter doesn't come on unless I'm using 23 of the 27 lamps (which we never run that many at once).

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #6456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
WAX!
Wax On, Wax Off! As in the Karate Kid!
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #6457

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Warren View Post
I changed out all my ceiling lights (27 bulbs) with LED light bulbs (http://www.amazon.com/24-3528-Bulb-S...cm_rdp_product) in my TT. All bulbs worked without issue. These bulbs are much brighter than the incandescent bulbs. Since we always get full hookup or use generators when dry camping I didn't do it to save on battery power. What I like about these bulbs is that they are brighter and the fan on my inverter doesn't come on unless I'm using 23 of the 27 lamps (which we never run that many at once).

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy

Nice mod. I've done that in my current and previous RV. Another benefit is that the heat output of these LED bulbs is almost nothing, compared to the old style ones that really put out heat. My AC actually runs less in the summer, and I don't worry about anything accidentally touching the LED bed sconces now.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #6458

Balancing all four wheels.
Keen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #6459

Galaxy 979. Spent three nights on the side of the road AFTER calling good Sam roadside service. Granted it was a Friday night when the fuel pump went to sleep, but hey, if I had a way to talk to the wrecker towing the OTHER motorhome for repair, I would have been home Saturday instead of Tuesday. Had one in every ride until 1990.
LEDs for all the lights in the mh.
Two front tires.
Furnace blower motor.
Motor cover console, made one that had useful cup holders to replace the plastic thing that came on it.
Volt meter with a selector switch for house and chassis.
Bathroom fan, went cheap and added a rheostat for quiet airflow.
Maxx air cover for above.
Weboost drive x.
Fiamm electric"air"horns.
USB/lighter outlets in 4 places for charging "stuff".
Chromecast for the DC TV.
AC791l for internet.
Scan gauge II.
QI charge cradle.
Grill tapped into on board propane.
2 new deep cycle batteries since the ones that came in the bus were dated 4 years apart and not even the same brand (tested and resting voltage was 0.6v apart).
Isolation relay.
Slide relay.
10 circuit fused buss for house power distribution to unload what the previous owner had loaded onto the key switch, fed with 2 fused 8 gauge wires from isolation relay. Yez it also supplies negative, also awg8, non fused.

Sorry, had to catch up with this year's things...

Oh yeah, moved the 6000 pound jack from the rear left to the front right where the 9000 pound jack was. Been that way since new...
bigjim1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #6460

what was the last thing you bought for your rv

2 6volt golf cart batteries to replace the existing single 12 volt d/c battery, and led lights, and new door hardware, and a propane supply hose for the generator. Owning and maintaining a RV is fun ,isn't it!
Jade Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:17 PM   #6461

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replaced the flourescent lights over the kitchen sink, and the bathroom sink, with LED replacements from M4LED.com. Will know more when I use it at night, but both of them appear to be as bright (or brighter) than the original flourescents. There was nothing wrong with the originals, just trying to get set up to conserve batteries as much as possible when dry camping. I've already replaced all of the regular bulbs with LED's, and am very happy with the results. I have 3 more 18" flourescents that are rarely used, so will probably leave them the way they are. For the flourescents I went with the natural white, and with warm white for all the other lights. Wouldn't change a thing!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #6462

Good Sam vs. Coach Net

I let my Good Sam ERS run out because of the lousy response time the last time I broke down near Lake Shasta, CA. Took 10-12 hours to respond and they handed me off to different operators every time I called. Sucks. Anyway, I am thinking about going with Coach Net. Have any of you compared the two for service and response time?

Phil Swanson
95 Baby Bird
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #6463

Metal. Heavy metal. Not the music. It was too nose high to safely pull down the road. Front pair of tires had so little weight on them, they would go up in smoke of you applied any brake. The top of the back pair of tires were rubbing on the rv floor. My brother and I built a very heavy sub frame and lifted it 4 inches. I also installed a 2-1/2" lift kit on just the front on my truck. It was heavy metal too and made in the USA. Now it sits just right.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #6464

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was sitting along I-95 in the boonies of SC and decided to spend some $$ so I purchased a serpentine belt and belt tensioner pulley. CoachNet was kind enough to orchestrate my purchase and send this nice mechanic from 50 miles away to deliver my purchase and install them. I realize that this was quite extravagant - $60 and a $20 tip to the mechanic was my total bill :>)
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #6465
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Towel bars and towel rings. There's never enough towel bars in a new RV
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #6466

This was first timer buying time, and there was a Camping World connected to the dealer, I think I went into a fog and just started buying.

We got:

- A couple of club chairs
- Ultrabreeze covers for the fantastic fans + the bathroom fan (one was free since they installed a cover over the bathroom fan accidentally)
- water hose, cheap water regulator, 30A->15A adaptor, cheap wheel chocks, plastic step
- 4 Hosspad motorcoach jack pads
- Viair 450P-RV
- Milton S986 air gauge

I also ended up getting a 20ft 2x10 from Home Depot and had that cut up into a bunch of 10" and 2 ft lengths for leveling purposes at home.

There's a huge list remaining, including GPS, power protection, supplementary inverter generator vs solar, the usual kitchen stuff, bedding, etc etc etc.
firedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #6467

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Went from no solar panel on the roof to a 100w w/controller

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1302055221.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	127504
Old 05-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #6468

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
2 max airflow vent covers, Firestik antenna, wash, wax on wax off.