Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #6679

Country Coach Owners Club
New Silverleaf glass dash and a Source Engineering wax valve to replace the old electronic controller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	131959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	131960  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #6680

Tiffin Owners Club
Ordered Roadmaster Reflex Stabilizer, Front Summo Springs, Blue Ox Tiger Trac. Will install this Friday. Wish me luck.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:03 AM   #6681

Fleetwood Owners Club
Put six new tires on MH. Usually buy two at the time a couple months apart. This time just bit the bullet and did them all at once.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #6682

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Replacement cooling unit for the NORCOLD that's been getting anemic. This new one is HELIUM charged, touted as 5-10 degrees colder, performs better in hotter climates, and the gas is inert! If it ever leaks your voice just gets squeaky

Please No comments about residential.. Could'a easily done it but it simply isn't the way to go when boondocking 99.9%!of the time., if NORCOLD and Dometic hadn't caused this problem and this technology was developed 10 years ago, I seriously doubt residential would have ever taken off.
Where did you get the cooling unit? I have a Dometic side X side that still works good. But at 18 years old it's a matter of time before it quits. Have thought about replacing the cooling unit or going residential.
Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis W/Tag Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid Platinum, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #6683

Newmar Owners Club
8 new tires...and one sore back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTires.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	132100  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #6684

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Cell booster for use in those remote sites we like.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #6685

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Replacement cooling unit for the NORCOLD that's been getting anemic. This new one is HELIUM charged, touted as 5-10 degrees colder, performs better in hotter climates, and the gas is inert! If it ever leaks your voice just gets squeaky

Please No comments about residential.. Could'a easily done it but it simply isn't the way to go when boondocking 99.9%!of the time., if NORCOLD and Dometic hadn't caused this problem and this technology was developed 10 years ago, I seriously doubt residential would have ever taken off.
Jeff: This is a new one for me. Does it use water with the gas? How long is the warranty? Who can we contact to find out the details?
Old 07-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #6686

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Where did you get the cooling unit? I have a Dometic side X side that still works good. But at 18 years old it's a matter of time before it quits. Have thought about replacing the cooling unit or going residential.
Only 18 years? My old Swedish made G.E. is 42 years old and still going. They last so long as they're used and not abused . If they sit for long periods of time all the time, they will die because the rust inhibitor will not circulate.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #6687

Tiffin Owners Club
Ordered the Steer Safe Stabilizers today, also set of six marker lights to be set up as clearance and blinkers on the side of the coach, new headlight assembly's and two clear lenses for the back to replace one that is cracked and want it to look even back there! Also new wiper blades 'cause the ones that have been on there for a year are the pits!

Also borrowing (not buy so probably doesn't count) a set of scaffolds so i can get the oxidation off the sides and get her sparkling like the new stripes we had done this spring!
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:58 AM   #6688

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Currently trying to find a pair of nice looking directional reading lights with scones similar to the ones in my 5th wheel for the Amerigo. They're really nice looking, but I can't seem to find them, all the ones I do find look like an artist smoked way too much weed and tried to get all artistic and ended up creating some seriously ugly reading light fixtures.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #6689

Freightliner Owners Club
Evans electronic temperature control valve for dash ac, a little coolant, and replaced relay for fan under coach that cools the coil for the dash ac...ahhh nice cool dash air
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #6690

50 amp male and female replacement plugs so I can wire my portable TRC power protector into the electrical bay.
Indy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #6691

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy54 View Post
50 amp male and female replacement plugs so I can wire my portable TRC power protector into the electrical bay.
I also replaced my male 50 amp plug on my main power cord with the Camco replacement plug. The old one was bent at a strange angle and looked as if it could come loose.

I watched the Youtube video before I started and it was a great help. The thing they don't tell you is that your wires may be a much heavier gage than the ones in the video. This makes cutting, bending and fitting the wires in place more difficult... but I got it done and I am pleased with the way it works and feels.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #6692

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
I also replaced my male 50 amp plug on my main power cord with the Camco replacement plug. The old one was bent at a strange angle and looked as if it could come loose.

I watched the Youtube video before I started and it was a great help. The thing they don't tell you is that your wires may be a much heavier gage than the ones in the video. This makes cutting, bending and fitting the wires in place more difficult... but I got it done and I am pleased with the way it works and feels.

Haha. Yes. Largest wire I ever worked with. Cut lengths have to be just right or one of the other wires will be stressed.

Indy54 is offline   Reply With Quote