Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #6819

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Alpha adhesive and two Alpha roof coatings. Almost ready to refinish roof. On sale at Camping World and in transit. Can't wait to get rid of the streaks.

tim.kyfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #6820

30 amp surge protector.

purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #6821
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Not mine! My shower was terrible when I got the bus. Looked nice but only dribbled. I took the shower head apart and drilled out the passages. Got rid of the wimpy hose. The whole system is only as good as the smallest ID in the plumbing. I like my showers to FLOW!

Phil Swanson
Hey Phil,

An Oxygenics shower head will make your showers terrific. I give them as gifts to my RV friends. Makes even a meager flow seem luxurious.

https://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-272...cs+shower+head

There are several different models.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #6822

Vent covers 2 black. And the rv shop installed for free....😁
Old 08-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #6823

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
3 Cooper Discoverer HT3 tires to complete the set; our coach now has new shoes all the way around
Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #6824

First, I just received a replacement E.C.O./T-STAT kit, and shall install it this weekend. This should convert the water non-heater into a water heater. And second . . .

DW and I were bringing our girl home from a full brake job. About 12 miles from home we had a blow-out on the passenger rear inside tire . We hit something probably metal on the road. We couldn't steer left due to traffic, and to the right the shoulder provides limited relief with the rumble strip and steep, narrow apron. So we eased to the right without dramatically swerving so as to maintain control, and rode the rumble strip. But evidently we didn't "miss" by enough. We of course stopped to assess our situation, although I really didn't want to get out into the 104 temp on an interstate highway to crawl as far under a leaning motorcoach as I felt safe in so doing. The sidewall had blown on the inside. Inspection showed about an 8" gash. Fortunately the tire remained intact. No coach damage otherwise - whew! It's amazing how sweaty one can get in less than two minutes. We risked all and limped in at about 30mph. Luckily the outer tire is fairly new and held up - we had counted on that.

So third, our newest purchase is tires. We decided to bite the bullet and also get two matching steers (no, not matching the destroyed tire - actual new ones) to replace the two that have aged well; just being cautious. This gives us three 0 miles tires and three other tires with 1,010 miles. That's the reason we're not too concerned about "mixing" old with new on the duals. All tires are now less than 3 years old.

Because of this extraordinary site we do pay particular attention to tires, so please don't worry about us monitoring age, tread and tread wear, balance, alignment, and pressures. We dock inside so no weather-related issues to worry about.

Although the DW is responsible for us having a motorcoach, she is now calling the old girl a money pit. Being the one funding and maintaining this operation, I suggested perhaps, sinkhole might be more descriptive. But I do love the old girl, oh, and the DW too.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #6825

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggwn View Post
We risked all and limped in at about 30mph. Luckily the outer tire is fairly new and held up - we had counted on that.
I hope that tire wasn't damaged, while doing the job of two tires, for those 12 miles.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #6826

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
A full tank of Diesel, and I had to take out a loan to do that.
Don't feel bad someone I know who has very deep pockets (not me) with a nice boat has a 2000 gallon tank and can burn 100 gallons an hour. ouch
Old 08-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #6827

We've checked it out fairly well. It was still holding 110lbs when we got home. The sidewalls seemed solid. Thanks for your concern.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #6828
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought three new house batteries and six new tires! Now I have to find a nice corner in the poor house!
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #6829

Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer (RSSA) for my Ford F53 chassis .. photo shows assembly parts along with the tools I needed to install .. took about 1 hour ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rssa_trek.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	135176  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #6830

Tiffin Owners Club
Just installed Roadmaster Steering stabilizer on our Allegro 36LA. Took about an hour and two adjustments after the install. A superb improvement. Also installed 2 Summo Springs on the Front. That took longer because of the time to drill 2 holes in the hardened steel frame, even with a cobalt drill bit. If I had to do it again I think I would have drilled a smaller pilot hole then the 7/16 final hole. Used an angle drill to get the job done. Again, a huge improvement on handling and the ride.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #6831

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought our baby a summer home

Decided to cut back on the travels and spend more time in one place during the summer. Now our baby will be parked for four or five months every summer.
http://www.mountainviewsrv.com/rv-resort-lots.html
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #6832

Swapped out manual operating awning for electric. Now the DW can raise or lower it, now she doesn't need me. Don't worry she still wants me to hook up the stinky slinky.