Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2017, 04:19 AM   #7575

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
If it's a Dometic a/c, it will be already attached to the base via 2 sided tape. I understand about 17* as we were at 12* earlier this morning with snow just starting. I have a disc brake mod and a new set of springs for our 5er just waiting for warmer weather .... brrrrrr

A suggestion - leave the new a/c on the shipping skid and possibly even in the box if you intend on skidding it up a ladder to the roof. It's extremely awkward to handle otherwise. I used the local high school football coach/former college player that lives next door to help me get our second a/c on the roof
It is an Atwood 15K Heat pump. I am thinking of temporarily installing an old boat winch to one of the trusses in the barn and skidding it up the ladder that way. There is no skid on the unit, only some heavy cardboard which I will leave the unit setting on. I will wrap a couple of ratchet straps around the unit and attach them to the winch to hall the unit to the roof. I will have to bring it up from the front or rear as there is no clearance to set up a ladder on either side. The best bet is the rear end, but this is farthest from the install location and I have to work around the rear A/C unit. I still have a couple of months to work out the details.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #7576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
It is an Atwood 15K Heat pump. I am thinking of temporarily installing an old boat winch to one of the trusses in the barn and skidding it up the ladder that way. There is no skid on the unit, only some heavy cardboard which I will leave the unit setting on. I will wrap a couple of ratchet straps around the unit and attach them to the winch to hall the unit to the roof. I will have to bring it up from the front or rear as there is no clearance to set up a ladder on either side. The best bet is the rear end, but this is farthest from the install location and I have to work around the rear A/C unit. I still have a couple of months to work out the details.
I installed a second unit in the bedroom of my 30.1 and glad I did. Needed it several times. Got it up on the roof by myself easy peasy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	150846  
Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #7577

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A Blue Seas 12 volt sub panel. Adding it to the factory 12 v circuit that ends in the entertainment area. I want to add several small amp devices in that area, like a Maximum Signals cell booster. I've used several of these. They come in several sizes and have a built-in ground buss and use standard ATO style fuses.

About that Fish Finder circuit on the housing cover.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 11.16.52 PM.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	150847
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:41 AM   #7578
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntheroad View Post
I installed a second unit in the bedroom of my 30.1 and glad I did. Needed it several times. Got it up on the roof by myself easy peasy.
Yes, very similar to how mine went up with one of us pulling, the other pushing and making sure it didn't slide off the side of the ladder. The rest of the install - simple, especially if the vent is prewired
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:14 AM   #7579

Finishing touches on leaky front cap of our Taj Ma Haul. Removed all trim and replaced any bad wood. The hardest part was cleaning and painting the metal trim. Reinstalled using Eternabond and new SS screws. New vinyl trim will be installed and coated with Zep, hopefully to eliminate or reduce the unsightly black spots.

This repair was made once before by a nationally known company. What they did was to just quickly seal with silicone calk instead of removing trim and finding the actual leak. A year later the silicone was leaking and looked like hell. By Removing the trim and replacing damaged material, I have eliminated the water source. By using the Eternabond I an confident no water will get inside the Taj. Wish I could depend on others to do the job correctly but that is usually not the norm. BTW I will go postal on anyone that gets near my coach with silicone calk. Most of the repair time was spent removing that crap.

At the same time moved the TV to the driver side of the coach along with the related wiring being hidden.

Cheers
Old 02-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #7580

Monaco Owners Club
Had a 1076 bulb burn out in a lamp fixture. Could not get a 1076 at WallyWorld or two national auto parts stores. Bought a 1004. Works fine.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #7581

DW purchased a toaster oven & Copper Chef pans to go with induction cooker
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #7582

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Physically small battery backup unit to power/protect equipment in the front AV cabinet.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #7583

Just bought a dehumidifier
Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #7584

Not actually bought YET... But I want to put some carpet on my outside steps. I stopped over and visited her today and confirmed the step sizes. Now I have to decide if I'm better off cutting some outdoor carpet tiles to fit and self sticking or gluing them down or cutting the carpet larger and wrap it around the step and put some grommets on the bottom and tie/bungee them on.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #7585

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post
Just bought a dehumidifier
What did you buy, size and make.
Thanks,
Bob
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:18 AM   #7586

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
What did you buy, size and make.
Thanks,
Bob
Ivation IVADM10 Powerful Small-Size...
Old 02-05-2017, 03:23 AM   #7587

Winnebago Owners Club
New 2017 Itasca Spirit 31G, bought mud flaps,hood rock deflector,solar charge controller,triklstart,dinette drawers,grille propane quick connect fittings,door grab handle, door screen protector,12volt tire inflator,valve stem extenders,vent covers,cycle vent, siphon kit for water pump,grille table with wash tub,storage box
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #7588

Winnebago Owners Club
Wholesale Warranties 5 year Coach policy with consequential and roadside, cheaper and more flexible, online help
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote