Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #9633

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Do you have a link for that? Haven't heard of it before.

jt

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0713.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	209054
Here is the product. Bought it on e-bay. Hooked it up, worked great.
SteveW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #9634

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Actually purchased in Feb, but installed today.

New windows for the driver and passenger side. (Each side needed a new “lower front” window)

The dual panes had failed and of course the fog was always in my line of sight to the mirrors.

Almost ready for the trip to Fort Wilderness at the end of July, 1st big road trip with the coach and the fam.

(Apologies for the rotation on the pics, they always seem to do that when I post from phone)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8DAD0802-8164-4C44-8FF4-305CEEB9497D.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	209104   Click image for larger version

Name:	2E6A4CFF-19BA-40C2-BA27-691ABF798FB3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	209105  

Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 AM   #9635

TDS Meter with hold, by Dr. Meter. Works good.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #9636

An official, okie dokie, made in the USA, North Carolina steel registration plate reading "TOYTOADA" for that red thing that follows us around.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #9637

Ford Super Duty Owner
Progressive EMS-HW50C hard wired surge and electrical protector on its way.

Progressive Industries, Inc. | Rv Surge Protection

On or last trip stopping at 2 campgrounds on our way to Maggie Valley for the month of May i had trouble with my 50a shore cord getting power from the pedistal. A wiggle or two and i had power. I took a brass wire brush and cleaned up the prongs on the cords end. All seemed well and gave it no thought. Could have been the pedistal ??? Arriving at Maggie Valley CG i plugged in with no issue and didn't any more thought until I had intermittently lost power to the coach for a second. Then on the last 1 or 2 second power loss i saw smoke coming from the top of the tv when it powered back up. I went out to the pedestal and threw the breaker and removed my shore cord from the pedestal.The plug end felt warm and that was most likely the issue causing low voltage. Thinking that i had both AC going, tv and surround system that put a load on a less than stellar ground connection from my plug to the pedestal. I ordered a new 50a plug end from amazon and kept the load at a minimum till it arrived checking the plug temp which was cool. New plug arrived in a few days, took an hour to install and all was well again.
I probably had a low voltage with the faulty plug end and fried my TV, blew a fuse in my sub woofer and a cheap digital clock in the bedroom. Could have been much worse. Replaced the tv, clock and fuse.
I have on order arriving tomorrow a Progressive EMS-HW50C hard wired surge protector/electrical protector that in the event i or the CG has a low or high voltage it will shut down electricity to the coach. Doesen't look complicated to install reading the instructions online. In the event of a lightening strike and the surge protector part does its job the diod board will sacrifice itself and is easily replaced.

I was lucky that i only lost the tv could have been much worse and costly.

I did have a surge guard 50a protector that will be getting sold.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #9638

I seriously doubt that low voltage caused your TV to smoke. It will however cause AC motors to overheat and smoke but not so much a TV.
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #9639

Sounds like one leg of 50A went high. An EMS is the right thing to do.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #9640

Vintage RV Owners Club
an Auto-Vox X1Pro rear view, dash cam, plus... amazing!

I think this may be one of my favorite "I didn't know they existed" purchases for my Flatnose Frank project.

In resolving my "why is there even a rear view mirror in this thing you can't see out the back" issue, I came across streaming rear-view cameras (of course).

But then I found an all-in-one dash cam (front facing), rear-cam (full-time rear view), backup guidance, impact recorder, regular mirror, lane diversion alarm set up, speedo, and compass (comes w/ GPS sensor).

I mounted it left of center so I can reach the touchscreen while driving, and then used an adhesive backed cord channel to manage the cables.

Instructions were good. Install was easy. Cameras are hi-def! I keep turning it on just to check it out!

Not cheap, but it's so cool I've already forgotten the cost!

Auto-Vox X1Pro.

I have yet to take Frank anywhere as I finalize the never-ending final tasks, but I can't wait to get on the road w/ this to watch what's disappearing behind me!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.png
Views:	67
Size:	598.9 KB
ID:	209327   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	74
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	209328  

Name:	1.png
Size:	706.1 KB
ID:	209329  
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #9641

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
I have on order arriving tomorrow a Progressive EMS-HW50C hard wired surge protector/electrical protector that in the event i or the CG has a low or high voltage it will shut down electricity to the coach.
I have a Progressive EMS-LCHW50 and attest that this unit works great for low-voltage situations! I mine trips (off) perfectly at 104v. I know since this happens when I try to cheat and plug into my 15W garage receptacle. (Thus, I am saving to have a 30 or 50A plug/breaker I can plug into at home.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YEVzliQ6R+WejBAcW5gZFQ.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	209331   Click image for larger version

Name:	CrakEwifQuuehYRboNPkPg.jpg
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	209332  

BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #9642

Monaco Owners Club
ScanGauge D for the pusher - trying to figure out what I want to monitor - I know coolant temp, tranny temp......
Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #9643

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
A new refrigerator that doesn’t have to be level, fits into the same space that the 6 cu ft Dometic used, is 9.1 cu ft, runs on 12V DC and doesn’t need outside venting. It has the best features of both a residential and RV unit without a lot of the negatives.

Nova Kool RFU9000 9.1 CU FT DC Only Two Door Refrigerator & Freezer

Now to bribe somebody into helping me install it.

I would be interested in how well this works over time. I imagine it would be hard on two batteries for a few days of boondocking (Walmart or truckstop overnight).
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #9644

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhicks View Post
Sounds like one leg of 50A went high. An EMS is the right thing to do.
I have a 50 amp surge Automatic Transfer switch that came stock on my Allegro 36LA. It gave me similar symptoms. I changed my pedestal receptacle, the 50 amp breaker. Each time I thought I fixed it. Finally I heard the clicking noise coming from the Automatic Transfer switch. I replaced it and haven't had a problem in over a year, but the switch was 3 years old when it went bad. Tiffin no longer uses that switch on their new coaches. I'll be looking at a different brand soon.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #9645

Forest River Owners Club
I just purchased an 80" trifold sofa bed to replace the original sofa with slide out on our 2013 Allegro Open Road 36LA. The old sofa is in perfect condition, but the problem is when the bed is extended out, it pushes up against the TV and fireplace blocking any movement from the back bedroom to the kitchen unless you climb over the bed. The new sofa still seats the same amount of people but when the bed is extended out it is a full one foot shorter because the bed starts from the wall and not the back cushions. Luckily my brother is getting the old sofa because the one in his 2013 Allegro Red has that deteriorating leather and looks like it has leprosy. It was hit and miss for Tiffin in the 2009 to 2014 coaches with the deteriorating leather.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #9646

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
I just purchased an 80" trifold sofa bed to replace the original sofa with slide out on our 2013 Allegro Open Road 36LA. The old sofa is in perfect condition, but the problem is when the bed is extended out, it pushes up against the TV and fireplace blocking any movement from the back bedroom to the kitchen unless you climb over the bed. The new sofa still seats the same amount of people but when the bed is extended out it is a full one foot shorter because the bed starts from the wall and not the back cushions. Luckily my brother is getting the old sofa because the one in his 2013 Allegro Red has that deteriorating leather and looks like it has leprosy. It was hit and miss for Tiffin in the 2009 to 2014 coaches with the deteriorating leather.
I would be really interested on your thoughts as to how comfortable it is for sleeping. I have been on the fence for some time with purchasing a trifold for same reason as you but concerned about the bed function. Would you post the name brand you purchased (if that doesn't violate forum rules)
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote