Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #9955

Disc brakes. What a difference! Using the manual brake switch on the controller, the trailer brakes alone stop the rig almost as fast as the old drums with the truck brakes! VERY happy with the upgrade. Added plus - if the rear seal leaks, it will only contaminate the back side of the disc and 1 pad. I'll still have 50% braking power on the bad wheel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #9956

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Is the grid close enough to kill a large fruit fly? We picked up the most obnoxious gigantic fruit flies from the grocery store. They are very stubborn and difficult to find something they like enough to trap them. They do like the light from my monitor so I'm thinking the bug zapper with the light would work well.
Sure fire homemade trap for fruit flies - place a shallow dish of apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing liquid in it on the counter near where they are worse. They land in the vinegar and drown because the soap breaks the surface tension. You can use regular vinegar with some over ripe fruit mixed in. Cheap, easy and fast. They'll be gone in a day or two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #9957

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Vincent Price Home Entertainment Center.....

Now THATS funny!
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:02 AM   #9958

I just replaced the exhaust system; muffler, flex pipe, elbow, and tailpipe. Our coach just turned 105,000 miles and 14 1/2 years old. The muffler and elbow had small holes in them so it was time to replace. Hope the new ones last as long as the original ones.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:16 AM   #9959

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Do you mean covering the seats? (Or is the photo not displaying??) I'll upload the photo instead of linking, so I apologize for thread-clutter.
good looking result, thx for ordering info in subsequent post.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #9960

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sure fire homemade trap for fruit flies - place a shallow dish of apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing liquid in it on the counter near where they are worse. They land in the vinegar and drown because the soap breaks the surface tension. You can use regular vinegar with some over ripe fruit mixed in. Cheap, easy and fast. They'll be gone in a day or two.
Yeah they laugh at that and call me a rookie. They seem to like yeast but if I make a trap with yeast or beer they aren't attracted to it. Get some pie crust and create something nasty and that works ok. They like coffee and cream and sugar.

They also seem to like raw meat. They are fruit flies, they look like the ones you feed to a frog or lizard. We have had drain flies in the past so Im familiar with those.

Currently I have a vinegar, yeast and old corncob with water and dish soap. I also have to be careful what dish soap because they have a preference as well.

Then there is the problem with the ones living in the drain. I can give the disposal a good scrub with a toilet brush (new of course) but the vegetable sink in the island is a whole nuther challenge.

The best trap is a water bottle cut apart at the shoulder and holes drilled into the cap and inverted into the bottle. If its cut correctly there is no need for tape or anything else.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #9961

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Is the grid close enough to kill a large fruit fly? We picked up the most obnoxious gigantic fruit flies from the grocery store. They are very stubborn and difficult to find something they like enough to trap them. They do like the light from my monitor so I'm thinking the bug zapper with the light would work well.
Take a small bowl (souffle cup works great), put a small amount of apple cider vinegar (they love the stuff), cover with plastic wrap. Slit a hole and widen a little with a finger. I put a rubber band around the outside to hold wrap. They go in, but, don't come out.
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #9962

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yeah they laugh at that and call me a rookie. They seem to like yeast but if I make a trap with yeast or beer they aren't attracted to it. Get some pie crust and create something nasty and that works ok. They like coffee and cream and sugar.

They also seem to like raw meat. They are fruit flies, they look like the ones you feed to a frog or lizard. We have had drain flies in the past so Im familiar with those.

Currently I have a vinegar, yeast and old corncob with water and dish soap. I also have to be careful what dish soap because they have a preference as well.

Then there is the problem with the ones living in the drain. I can give the disposal a good scrub with a toilet brush (new of course) but the vegetable sink in the island is a whole nuther challenge.

The best trap is a water bottle cut apart at the shoulder and holes drilled into the cap and inverted into the bottle. If its cut correctly there is no need for tape or anything else.
Good plans! Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #9963

Thor Owners Club
Locked in AGAIN

Bought second door lock for a 2014 unit.

Same part broke. Cheap pot-metal di-cast on $181.00, incl. tax, assembly.

Think I’ll have a machine shop quote one out of stainless steel.

Peter
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #9964

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Ordered 510w solar kit from AM Solar. My Venetian is factory prepped for solar so it makes it very easy to add.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vaark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:03 PM   #9965

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Gas!

OK...Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax/Microfiber pad and wand.

Before that $4000 in Blue OX TOAD equipment to tow my CR-V!

Enough already!
Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #9966

Another access door.
I have a post on it here but I wanted to get more space not part of the basement but at that same level in our 5th wheel. Now I keep my emergency tire changing equipment there and don't have to either have it buried behind other trip stuff, or have it get in the way of trip stuff accessed frequently.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #9967

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikora View Post
Another access door.
I have a post on it here but I wanted to get more space not part of the basement but at that same level in our 5th wheel. Now I keep my emergency tire changing equipment there and don't have to either have it buried behind other trip stuff, or have it get in the way of trip stuff accessed frequently.
Where can I find that post? It sounds like something I would like to add.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #9968

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
Ordered 510w solar kit from AM Solar. My Venetian is factory prepped for solar so it makes it very easy to add.
Have you checked the wire gauge on that factory prep? I would think you'd need 10 gauge, maybe 8 if the distance to your charge controller is far. I've heard of some that are only 12 gauge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]