Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #10025

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Two recycled food grade plastic barrels - 55 and 10 gallons. The 55 for hauling fresh water to our boondocking site and the 10 because it was only $10 and looked so useful and cute. Craigslist is the best place to find them. I got these in Las Vegas.

Sounds like a deal, didn't occur to me. Did end up with one of these that fits nicely between the 5th hitch and the cab. It was cheaper if ordered directly from Class A ($109 shipped a couple of years ago).

https://smile.amazon.com/Holding-con...+rv+water+tank
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #10026

Gulf Streamers Club
New Fresh Water Fill Station, the plastic cover hinges wore out and the cover will not stay in place all the time, I am afraid it will fall off some day. New Sewer hose kit also.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #10027

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
JW Speaker LED headlights...installation pending!
I have these on my 2007 Seneca and love them!
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #10028

Two cabinets from Ikea for clothes. Our closet space is nearly non-existant, but the area by the stairs is clear and perfect for some tall pine cabinets and shelf organizers so our clothes aren't stuck in a basket anymore. I honestly couldn't be happier and it keeps our cats from sleeping on our freshly washed clothes (which seems to be their favorite spot once a week)
Dest.RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:08 AM   #10029

Just received "AP Products Slim Shade" replacement door window. Had them on my previous units and should be a standard equipment.
SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:45 AM   #10030
Community Moderator

new for the RV

We own a toyhauler and have been camping this past week here in Ohio. It didn't do bad but 2 times ran out of LP, both at 3 am and in the cold. So on another forum some people I know has this kit and said it is great for keeping an eye on their LP tanks. One of my 30 lbs will last about 5 days, considering temp at 67 deg, cooking in the oven 3 times and also using LP on the hot water tank when wife was showering.

I know it would not work for a MH but for us I hope it will keep me from doing the 3 am drill with he LP tanks again.
It should be coming in the mail within the next few days, and since we are still camping I can try it out this year.

We are doing a Pigeon Forge trip for Thanksgiving week and going to try out the new LP kit.

Mopeka TankCheck LPG Tank Check Dual Sensor with Monitor Kit
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:50 AM   #10031

Fleetwood Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Replacement chrome strip for the back of the Moho, old one lost its shine. $5.64 and arrived in about three weeks, shipping included. [ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2628.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	223629  
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #10032

Fleetwood Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Repaired the back grille after the tiny tack welds broke on the right hinge. I used aluminum angle and pop rivets and it is better than original. I suggest checking the welds if you have this configuration, looked like they forgot to do full beads after tacking them. All the other welds are full length. Amazing how heavy this thing is so you will need help. [ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2626.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	223630  
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #10033

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Replacement chrome strip for the back of the Moho, old one lost its shine. $5.64 and arrived in about three weeks, shipping included. [ATTACH]223629
Replaced out side frige door old one lasted from 1999. Dutchstar F53. This year replaced all exhaust manafold bolts. O2 sensors air conitioner refridgerator normal maintenance. 73000 miles and runs great. Redid roof with rubber paint. Cane out like new. Replaced all bulbs inside with leds. Radiator hoses replaced along with all belts and pullies.
All in all much cheaper the new rv . New floor this year just to up grade interior..Rest of inside looks brand new.[emoji12] 
Name:   tapatalk_jpeg_1523817867290.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:	1016111445.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	223632
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #10034

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
We own a toyhauler and have been camping this past week here in Ohio. It didn't do bad but 2 times ran out of LP, both at 3 am and in the cold. So on another forum some people I know has this kit and said it is great for keeping an eye on their LP tanks. One of my 30 lbs will last about 5 days, considering temp at 67 deg, cooking in the oven 3 times and also using LP on the hot water tank when wife was showering.

I know it would not work for a MH but for us I hope it will keep me from doing the 3 am drill with he LP tanks again.
It should be coming in the mail within the next few days, and since we are still camping I can try it out this year.

We are doing a Pigeon Forge trip for Thanksgiving week and going to try out the new LP kit.

Do you have a changeover regulator on your tanks. If so you should not run out of propane.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #10035

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTuner View Post
Just received "AP Products Slim Shade" replacement door window. Had them on my previous units and should be a standard equipment.
I was just going to post that that was what I did this morning - installed the new Slim Shade. I hated the frosted glass that came on the door.

BTW I got mine from Amazon warehouse deals for 25% off. There was another available at that price when I got mine on Friday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #10036

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest.RVer View Post
Two cabinets from Ikea for clothes. Our closet space is nearly non-existant, but the area by the stairs is clear and perfect for some tall pine cabinets and shelf organizers so our clothes aren't stuck in a basket anymore. I honestly couldn't be happier and it keeps our cats from sleeping on our freshly washed clothes (which seems to be their favorite spot once a week)
I'd love to see photos! Did you secure them to the walls or floor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #10037

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
It doesn’t work on the built in tank, but that has an accurate gauge. I bought the Tank Check for the portable tank I use with the Extend-a-Stay. It is Bluetooth enabled and will let you decide what level to get a low tank warning. Sure beats those 3 am tank changes!

You'll love it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #10038
Community Moderator

LP tank check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Do you have a changeover regulator on your tanks. If so you should not run out of propane.
No we don't have the change over regulator, took it off. Reason is when we do run out I still have a tank to use. We have had friends and us on our old RV, that had the auto changeover regulator, only to run out of LP in both tanks and not being able to change to the other tank.

In the summer not very bad, but at this time of year it can get cold. You know other people get upset when you are out of LP when it is 35 deg outside. So I figured it is easier sometimes to get up and change over at 3 am in the cold, then to run completely out of LP
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote