Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #10431

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
1.25 HP waste disposal, 1 hp pump making for a macerator the Tim Taylor would be proud of. Disposal was $90 @ Costco, pump $120 @ Lowes. 1 1/2 PVC to a waste line in the basement with a 50 ft run and 4-5 ft vertical climb. There is back flow prevention at the high point of the line. Since I have to have the pump, I am going to play with laying the disposal sideways to avoid that little rise and get a better flow out of the tanks.

Powell’s you are doing Tim the Toolman proud! More power!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #10432
IC2

Quote:
1.25 HP waste disposal, 1 hp pump making for a macerator the Tim Taylor would be proud of. Disposal was $90 @ Costco, pump $120 @ Lowes. 1 1/2 PVC to a waste line in the basement with a 50 ft run and 4-5 ft vertical climb. There is back flow prevention at the high point of the line. Since I have to have the pump, I am going to play with laying the disposal sideways to avoid that little rise and get a better flow out of the tanks.

Take a look inside that disposer. I think you will find that the cutter is at the (usual) bottom and on the stationary part. The little centrifugally moved 'hammers'. Unless it is fully flodded with water, it probably wont work well moving waste out. These arent like a Flo-Jet macerator which is small with the actual cutter doing the moving and chopping.

Then, I might be wrong and your gadget will work great (hope so). Tim was wrong a couple times too
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #10433

Quote:

Gives a whole new meaning to the term “Pump it up!”
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #10434

Found a low power Ethernet switch, runs from a micro usb cable. https://amzn.to/2GkNNSQ Only 5 ports of 10/100, not gigabit like I wanted but I currently have it running in the house between all my cameras and the Blue Iris server pushing ~25 Mbps thru it from 14 cameras, 5 of the 14 are 5 MP cameras. I will run it for a week or so before swapping out my coaches existing switch.

I am still waiting on delivery of a couple more 12v to 5v converters. https://amzn.to/2X19SLK before I can install it in the coach. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #10435

Jayco Owners Club
A Progressive industries EMS30 with separate readout for our 2019 Rockwood 2109S
jaymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 AM   #10436

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
What you really need is a hungry cat!
jt
Did you notice the traveling companions listed in my signature? I can’t see us fitting in a cat and litter pan. Lily would go crazy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:23 AM   #10437

An ADCO RV cover which turned out to be a waste of money !! Less than a year old and two tears already. I don't think the manufacturers understand what a Canadian winter is all about.
Vulcan1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:04 AM   #10438
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan1500 View Post
An ADCO RV cover which turned out to be a waste of money !! Less than a year old and two tears already. I don't think the manufacturers understand what a Canadian winter is all about.
I have felt your pain - in my wallet - as well. I got 2 years (with big patches) from one and one from the second. $500+ USD wasted. They are not much more then a heavier type of Tyvex house wrap with a fuzzy liner bonded on one side
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #10439

Elements cover a little better.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #10440

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
New hoses for the front HWH jacks on the Class A. Had a local CAT dealer make them. Fixed a 4-year old persistent leak- bad fittings.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 PM   #10441

As we are heading to Alaska next month I bought this Alaska Guide. https://amzn.to/2DgUS4Z
I bought the Milepost last month and as that was pretty good, but not really a guide of what to see I picked up this on. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #10442

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
As we are heading to Alaska next month I bought this Alaska Guide. https://amzn.to/2DgUS4Z
I bought the Milepost last month and as that was pretty good, but not really a guide of what to see I picked up this on. -Bill
We used both of those last summer and both proved good. However, Milepost only list those campgrounds that advertise in the Milepost. Church & Church's book proved to be our to go book to find many good camping sites. Each one covers slightly different geographic areas and provides different information.

My advise with the Milepost is read well ahead and highlight information you care about. Otherwise someone always has their head in the book and misses much of the wildlife and scenery. Also keep in mind that along much of the Alcan Highway there are not very many milepost to reference to, also the "mile post" signs are in Km not miles. You need to zero your trip odometer to a known point and use that. Others may have different ideas.

Most important don't try to go too fast because you can't until the frost heaves are fixed in late summer and there's much to see along the journey. Take your time and enjoy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #10443

A new leftover 2018 Dodge Journey SXT to ride on the dolly!
bigjim1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #10444

My bleeding wallet... We purchased a 2011 last fall and have spent the winter doing things to get it ready for an 8k mile trip coming this summer.

Maintenance items, fluids, rubber parts, bushings, batteries, filters, wipers... Then on to the more expensive items: Carport, Set up our towed car, RVGPS, TPMS, mattress, property tax, insurance, etc.

We underestimated how much we would be doing, should have held back some funding instead of putting it all down on the initial purchase. I haven't kept track, but guessing we've spent 8-10k in the first 6 months. Our coach was in great condition and none of this was due to surprises.

On top of all of the above, a fairly expensive summer trip popped up that we sort of have to do this year. Back in the fall, when we put so much cash into the initial purchase, we told ourselves we would have an inexpensive summer to recuperate. Well, that didn't work out!
Rolling Ragu is offline   Reply With Quote