RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 AM   #10739

New surge guard

New sheets

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #10740

Monaco Owners Club
New Kwikee step motor and gear box. New chassis battery.

Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:35 PM   #10741

Waiting in our shed: A new/old cooler to make sure most on our 1996 Sweetie RV is vintage too. This ol' stainless steel Coleman cooler baby still has metal clasp!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	253620   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	253621  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	253622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	253623  

Old 07-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #10742

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Another set of Barton Kramer Torque adapters (The fancy name for window crank) because apparently I successfully lost the new ones I had bought for the job over a year ago.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #10743

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster23 View Post
New "drop in" converter to replace the antiquated original. 2 new AGM batteries and an easy start for my Coleman Mach V 13500 btu AC unit.
Also just purchase a Safe T Plus steering stabilizer (and hardware kit) for the 2007 Itast Cambria 26A. I'll have that installed next week.

dfoster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #10744
IC2

Replacement return air grill for the Dometic ducted a/c on our 5er. Aftermarket part that looks identical to the Dometic but at 1/2 the cost @12 bucks. Includes a new filter element too. Ebay w/free (fast!) shipping. The original grille after 4.5 years use was very brittle with the ;locking tabs breaking off easily when I checked the filter element
Old 07-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #10745

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Very soon, another giant tote of 1 1/5" coated screws so I can install the last of the wall plywood in the camper .
Old 07-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #10746

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Very soon, another giant tote of 1 1/5" coated screws so I can install the last of the wall plywood in the camper .

Progress sounds good. Any pictures?

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:42 AM   #10747

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Progress sounds good. Any pictures?

ronspradley

I've got one more sheet of finished RV wall panel to put in place, at which point I'm going to stop and do some catch up photos.

Once that sheet is done, I'll be beginning to design and assemble the frames for the inner RV cabinets, so that I can route all the water, electric, sewer, gas lines into their final places.

The next big undertaking will be to get the fridge out of the KIT and swap it with the Amerigo's fridge, as that is a task that requires taking the doors off the campers to get them in and out (I still need to see if I'm going to have to do some other things to make the fridge narrow enough to get through the opening.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:38 AM   #10748

Winnebago Owners Club
Two Microair EasyStarts so we can run 2 a/c units on a 30 amp connection at state parks and Rallies at fairgrounds. It is hot this year!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:02 AM   #10749

5 gallon water jug with spigot; for sitting atop kitchen counter and filling drinking water glasses or reusing drinking water plastic bottles.

We take drinking water in gallon bottles from our home during close area trips. Reason is... Marin county water is really good and this technique saves $$$ as well as reducing use of recycled plastic drinking bottles. This will give us 5 more gallons of great tasting fresh water.

We do the same technique when going on our boat for week stays.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #10750
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
The next big undertaking will be to get the fridge out of the KIT and swap it with the Amerigo's fridge, as that is a task that requires taking the doors off the campers to get them in and out (I still need to see if I'm going to have to do some other things to make the fridge narrow enough to get through the opening.
Have fun! When I swapped out my fridge last summer, I had to remove the screen but not the door. I also had to remove a heater and assist bar that were previous mods. It was really tight!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:17 AM   #10751

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Have fun! When I swapped out my fridge last summer, I had to remove the screen but not the door. I also had to remove a heater and assist bar that were previous mods. It was really tight!

I'm really hoping I will not need to remove the cooling unit from the back of the one coming out of the KIT, on the Amerigo, the door is fairly wide, so with the edge flanges off, the cabinet should be able to slide directly through.

I'm going to be pulling the full door frame out of the camper to give us maximum width, but I worry that that may still not be enough.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #10752

Portable satellite antenna & receiver

After about 6 weeks studying, comparing, cussing and discussing satellite TV vendors and equipment, I finally pulled the trigger this morning with Amazon for a King Tailgater DT4450 portable satellite antenna and Wally receiver for DISH TV. Not to sound like a commercial for them, DISH, with their pay as you go plan for RV'ers, at $7 per month, no contract and just activate it when you'll be out in your RV, IMO is by far the best deal for RVing. I also am switching our home service from DirectTV to DISH. I found DISH's plan and equipment much more user friendly for RV'ing. Particularly I like that the Wally receiver's remote uses RF (radio frequency) to communicate with the receiver, rather than IR (Infrared Light), as DirectTV's remotes do. This lets you to stick the receiver in a cabinet, out of the way and out of sight in your RV, since it doesn't need line of sight contact between the remote and the receiver. Supposed to get it in 2 days...can't wait!

Oldchief1544 is offline   Reply With Quote