Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodyhell View Post
1. New smoke alarm (now let's cook dinner and set it off).
DW sets ours off with hair spray every time we go out.
I bang my head 'cause she wouldn't appreciate my complaining. She's little, but she's mean. I guess I screw up a lot. Lately, out of the blue, she's gone to smacking me upside the head and asking, "Now what did you do this time?"

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #1178

We just purchased a Garmin GPS

Garmin - nüvi 50LM GPS - 010-00991-21

$126 on sale (best buy.com - matched at the store)

...we got tired of our iPhones losing signal in Northern MI and the UP on our last trip...
...to be fair though - it's the Maps app on the iPhone - and the signal (or lack of) from AT&T that is really to blame

Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #1179

Don,

It won't arrive until Monday. My local RV repair shop has done several of them and quoted me $366.00 labor. I said "You got the job"! I have added two fans down low and four laying across the top of the existing unit each set with their own thermostat and switch that I will have them leave in service if its not a PITA to leave them.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #1180

Carolina Campers
A Genturi and new tires for the tow dolly.
rocknrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #1181

Winnebago Owners Club
Well after reading the threads in this forum I can see that there are many, many things that i need to buy. Today my SurgeGuard electrical protector came in. I never even thought that there could be a problem with low or high voltage at a CG. glad I read that thread! Then I purchased a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter. Again, I wouldn't have known that some CG's only have 50 amp, but if they do, I guess I'm all set. Also, I bought a little device called a Johhny Chock ( or something like that) which enables me to keep the toilet water running to help fill up the black tank without the need for me to keep flushing tho toilet. I guess the whole purpose of that is to have some liquid volume in there for a good cleansing flush, is that right? And finally, a little right angle thingy that will mitigate the downward pressure from the hose on my city water hookup. I hear that otherwise there is stress put on the coach's inlet. So I hope I done good. Ah, now to look forward to getting the TPMS, & auto leveling stabilizers. I blame all of you for putting me in the poorhouse!
Now I have to reread this thread and see if I can look up once again that great, must have cast iron griddle that does justice to bacon, chicken & ribs!!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #1182

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase
Well after reading the threads in this forum I can see that there are many, many things that i need to buy. Today my SurgeGuard electrical protector came in. I never even thought that there could be a problem with low or high voltage at a CG. glad I read that thread! Then I purchased a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter. Again, I wouldn't have known that some CG's only have 50 amp, but if they do, I guess I'm all set. Also, I bought a little device called a Johhny Chock ( or something like that) which enables me to keep the toilet water running to help fill up the black tank without the need for me to keep flushing tho toilet. I guess the whole purpose of that is to have some liquid volume in there for a good cleansing flush, is that right? And finally, a little right angle thingy that will mitigate the downward pressure from the hose on my city water hookup. I hear that otherwise there is stress put on the coach's inlet. So I hope I done good. Ah, now to look forward to getting the TPMS, & auto leveling stabilizers. I blame all of you for putting me in the poorhouse!
Now I have to reread this thread and see if I can look up once again that great, must have cast iron griddle that does justice to bacon, chicken & ribs!!
Congrats! But if that's all you bought you are waaaaaayyyyyyyy behind. many more must haves, want to haves, wish I had and soon to have!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #1183

Winnebago Owners Club
He is look at the lights I install yesterday, they pretty good. I like the way you could get different color lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3871805448.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	23481  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #1184

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Papi View Post
He is look at the lights I install yesterday, they pretty good. I like the way you could get different color lights.
Very cool!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #1185

Springs for the leveling jacks - DH is installing them now with hints he read from IRV2. Now I am going to have to buy new clothspins.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1186

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Congrats! But if that's all you bought you are waaaaaayyyyyyyy behind. many more must haves, want to haves, wish I had and soon to have!
Yours is a truth that I am beginning to get the idea of. The more that i peruse this thread the more I keep telling myself that these folks are gonna put me in the poor house with all of their wonderful upgrades & gadgets!
Like you said: "many more must haves, want to haves, wish I had and soon to have!" Yikes!!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1187

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Then I purchased a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter. Again, I wouldn't have known that some CG's only have 50 amp, but if they do, I guess I'm all set.
Is that simply an adapter and not a converter? I saw the item below through Amazon and was wondering if this is all one needs in case the CG is without 30amp service but has a 50amp connection available. I also assume if my RV is 30amp (it is) that using 50 amp connection will not do any damage to my 30amp RV?

I saw this. Amazon.com: Voltec 16-00505 10/3 STW 50-30 Amp RV Adapter with Ezeegrip Handle, 18 Inch, Blue with Yellow Stripe: Patio, Lawn & Garden
Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #1188

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER View Post
Is that simply an adapter and not a converter? I saw the item below through Amazon and was wondering if this is all one needs in case the CG is without 30amp service but has a 50amp connection available. I also assume if my RV is 30amp (it is) that using 50 amp connection will not do any damage to my 30amp RV?

I saw this. Amazon.com: Voltec 16-00505 10/3 STW 50-30 Amp RV Adapter with Ezeegrip Handle, 18 Inch, Blue with Yellow Stripe: Patio, Lawn & Garden
The adapter only uses one leg of the 50A service to present a single phase 50A 120V service to the trailer. You can think of the 50A service as having 'up to' 50A available for your use. Your trailer, being a 30A unit, will never approach drawing 50A. Perfectly safe.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #1189

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Papi View Post
Looks good! Are those the led strip lights with the remote control to change colors?
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #1190

Fleetwood Owners Club
In last two weeks bought a March III PS 13.5K AC and a Chill Grill for it.

Now doing measurement's for a new couch.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote