Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #5573

Monaco Owners Club
Renewed fuel line from filter to injection pump

I noted a few weeks ago that the MH didn't "fire off" right away the way I am used to it. Haven't used it so last weekend (Labor Day 2015) I opened the hatch (flipped up the bed) and started looking around. Got the Cummins fired up and noted a fairly significant fuel leak. Thought it might be the rubber line but it actually turned out to be a hole in the formed metal line.

Took it to a CSC store close to where I work and had them shorten the metal tubing and double-flare it for me. Cost $14.

NOW THE BAD NEWS - I wasn't paying attention at the CSC store when they gave me the fuel line back. I had brought it in with the banjo bolt and I got it back WITHOUT the banjo bolt.

Went to put it all back together this weekend (Sat. 9-12) and realized what had happened. I called them up (now they're 42 miles away) and spoke to 3 different people. Didn't get an answer and kept being told that they would call me... Didn't happen. Less than enthused with them at the moment.

Realized that on my little Volkswagen diesel pickup, I had multiple banjo fittings in the fuel system. Went looking for one that might work - sure enough I FOUND ONE!

Will pursue getting the original back from the CSC store but was able to "rob VW to run Cummins" and "the Bus" is ready for the next trip.

Oh yeah - bought a pepper grinder for use in the galley in the MH today.
Jay and Valerie - 1996 Monaco Dynasty, Count 36FD. Coach #66387 C 8.3-300 hp; Allison 3060, 6.5 LP generator, no slides. New to us (3-30-2015)
BigPapaYams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #5574

Converter. whoopee.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #5575

Got the Cummins fired up and noted a fairly significant fuel leak. Thought it might be the rubber line but it actually turned out to be a hole in the formed metal line.

Took it to a CSC store close to where I work and had them shorten the metal tubing and double-flare it for me. Cost $14.
[/QUOTE]

I had the same line crack on my 5.9 Cummins that caused a total break. Luckilly no fire! Cummins has redesigned the line with a metal flex section in the line to take up vibration. See your Cummins dealer. This is a common place for fuel line breaks because of the vibration.What is a CSC store?
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:59 AM   #5576

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
toilet paper. It never ends! Buy Buy Buy
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #5577

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post

Yes TP ends , that's why you have to keep buying it !
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #5578

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Got the Cummins fired up and noted a fairly significant fuel leak. Thought it might be the rubber line but it actually turned out to be a hole in the formed metal line.

I had the same line crack on my 5.9 Cummins that caused a total break. Luckilly no fire! Cummins has redesigned the line with a metal flex section in the line to take up vibration. See your Cummins dealer. This is a common place for fuel line breaks because of the vibration.What is a CSC store?[/QUOTE]

In addition if you have the P7100 in-line fuel injection pump you should check to make sure the rear support bolts are not broken or the entire brace/bracket missing.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #5579

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorfx View Post
Yes TP ends , that's why you have to keep buying it !
It's a money pit. I buy it and then flush it down the tube. What a waste.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
Have you tried corn cobs?
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #5581

surge protector lock

It's a piece of plastic crap. Buy a 25ft ext at amazon and keep the surge protector locked in the compartment and feed the extension to the pole.
toymaker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #5582

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Got rid of the crappy OEM faucet in the bathroom and installed this.
Attached Images

TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #5583

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
I picked up the Gostick suction cup TV mount to allow us to mount a TV to the outside wall under the awning. Works GREAT and my 35 inch flat screen weighs only 16.5 lbs (max for Gostick is 30 lbs) and rides in the outdoor kitchen between the minifridge and the wall. JUST enough space to fit and not bounce around.

This is pretty cool. Does it mar the surface where it attaches?
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:45 AM   #5584

Vintage RV Owners Club
I bought a new LED outdoor porch light to replace the old single bulb porch light. I now have what looks like a miniature sun attached to the side of my RV when I turn it on. I'm loving it.

Matt
matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:40 AM   #5585

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewc View Post
I bought a new LED outdoor porch light to replace the old single bulb porch light. I now have what looks like a miniature sun attached to the side of my RV when I turn it on. I'm loving it.

Matt
I just replaced the OEM bulbs with LEDs on all my outdoor porch lites and all my interior.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:54 AM   #5586

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my WH chassis, the large OEM windshield washer bucket was only secured at the two bottom sides. Heat and stress resulted in the plastic getting brittle and ears breaking off and the box falling. Fortunately the hose and wiring kept it from reaching the ground.
A new large bucket would cost over $120 from O'Reiley's Auto. I found a reservoir with motor, hose, wiring, and hardware for under $30 on Amazon.com. The aluminum basket holding the reservoir is better and being only half the volume is of no consequence. Easy removal and install.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote