Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #6469

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MaxxAir vent cover for bath fan
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2016, 03:37 AM   #6470

Big Oil Guy - My favorite LED replacement was for the reading spot lights in the living area and the bedroom. I don't feel like I'm under a sunlamp. DW's favorite was for the vanity globe lights in the bathroom. How can one go wrong at 3w apiece? Have fun.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #6471

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
2-stage regulator for the on board propane tank. Old one was leaking. 10 minute swap out.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #6472

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
light cover

Ordered new covers/lens for the overhead lights. after some searching found all needed information on the top of light once removed from the ceiling. and those prices do vary from $11.xx-$35.xx same cover. feeling lucky getting off for under $80. for 6 new light lens.
ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #6473

We're in big trouble now. There's a new Harbor Freight in Weatherford, TX. For some inexplicable reason, DW likes to browse and occasionally buy at HF. It's only 25 minutes away. Used to have to go to south Fort Worth, at least an hour plus (sometimes more time for traffic). Okay, I buy stuff there too, but what I buy is necessities, not "wants".
Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #6474

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spent $650 at Mr. Plywood for RV ceiling panels, matching seam trim pieces, 1 1/2" Foil sided R9 foam board insulation, several sheets of 1/4" plywood, several tubes of construction adhesive and a giant caulk gun.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:35 AM   #6475

Ford Super Duty Owner
2017 Rand McNally large scale road atlas $13.22 Amazon Prime
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #6476

Freightliner Owners Club
A new sleeky hose. Hope this one lasts longer than two years. A lot of bad reviews on them but it looks like they beefed them up. Guess I'll find out. They are just so handy compared to a rubber hose.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #6477

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After watching about five or six videos on how to do it. I bought new awning fabric and the DW and I replaced the old one. Took us a good while, but we did it looks great, works well, and we saved a few hundred.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #6478

Tow mirrors for the truck.......
jhlavaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #6479

Just installed a set of JT Strongarm stabilizer bars on the TT with the help of my brother. Took all day, a little bigger job than originally thought. The fore and aft facing ones weren't that hard but with a fully sealed underside it was a little bit of a challenge for the left and right mounted bars at the rear. Had to put them at the rear due to the gas line that runs down the frame from front. Had to improvise a little and will have to see how it works next weekend. If they work as well as everyone that has them says they do I'll be a Happy Camper!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #6480

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
A new sleeky hose. Hope this one lasts longer than two years. A lot of bad reviews on them but it looks like they beefed them up. Guess I'll find out. They are just so handy compared to a rubber hose.
I see Walmart carries them now. Guess they gave up on strictly TV orders with all the shipping and handling charges involved which is nonsense. I think I will get one for my coach. I like the idea of compact storage to save space over those bulky green/white hoses. I never drink water from the RV faucets anyway. Don't know if these hoses are safe to drink from, but great for showers. Thanks for giving me the idea!

Phil Swanson
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #6481

Alpine Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
I see Walmart carries them now. Guess they gave up on strictly TV orders with all the shipping and handling charges involved which is nonsense. I think I will get one for my coach. I like the idea of compact storage to save space over those bulky green/white hoses. I never drink water from the RV faucets anyway. Don't know if these hoses are safe to drink from, but great for showers. Thanks for giving me the idea!

Phil Swanson

Phil, just remember you get tap water from other sources, like cooking, coffee, brushing your teeth, etc. even washing dishes can spread bacteria. Use your bottled water carefully.

They use the "handling" charges to greatly increase their profits.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #6482

50 A Intelletec automatic transfer switch and a Sewer Sock.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote