Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2019, 06:13 PM   #10319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
30 feet? I'm having a tough time finding one that's 30 feet. Do you have a link you can post?

Also, just a thought...if you have a 30 foot hose, and let's say you use it two or three times a week, do you disconnect after each use? If so, what happens to all that propane in the 30 foot hose? Does it just vent to the air? I'm hoping these hoses have some sort of way to keep from losing all the propane...but then again, maybe that would be dangerous. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks.

Regardless of length, I shut my tank off and let the lpg burn off by the appliance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #10320

I do the same as rlott2k. Shut of valve at the tank and burn off what I have in the 24’ (that is two 12’ lengths coupled together) of hose.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #10321

Bought a pipe flairing tool at Home Depot today to keep in the trailers tool box.

Somewhere between Arkansas and New Mexico something kicked up and fractured the gas line going to the stove. The gas line is exposed and it was fractured right at the fitting. Simply cut it a little shorter, flared it and tightened it back up. Unfortunately it bled off a entire tank of propane but fortunately it didn't light off and burn the trailer down as I towed it!
Old 03-23-2019, 06:27 AM   #10322
IC2

Two packages of 4 each mouse traps. Evidently I missed a mouse door when I sealed the 5er;s bottom side 4 years ago though this is the first time they found that opening. Nothing like living in one of the local suburbia's woods. (At least the deer, possums, coyotes and turkeys are too big to fit)
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #10323

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
In the last 3 month- Girard Tank Less Water Heater, Whirlpool Residential Refrigerator, Jack OA Aerial Mount HD Antenna.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #10324

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'll bet you're on a first name basis with your UPS delivery person!

Lori-
Yep, LOL! My old rig was 30 amp and this is 50, so a lot of my old rigs items didn't come with me and, of course, I needed to add in items I like to have in any coach. I do like the King bed, much better than my old coach.
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #10325

What was the last thing I bought for my RV you ask; A “For Sale” sign !
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:37 PM   #10326

Vintage RV Owners Club
A portable propane firebowl!

After listening to the friendly debate about wood vs propane fire pits between two old RV'ers while sitting comfortably in front of nice 2 propane fire pits while camping, I pulled the trigger, did some research, and ordered myself a portable 58,000 BTU propane fire pit - a highly-rated Outland Firebowl Premium model.

Can't wait to use this next weekend on a quick, local overnight trip!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #10327

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Electric fly killer
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #10328

Bug-A-Salt 2.0 Looking forward to some off-hand hip shots!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #10329

Just ordered the ARP fridge defend for our Norcold 1210. Hopefully, not too difficult to install. Spent four hours today, installing a dashcam/backup cam device on the C-Max. Should have taken about an hour, but I'm old and feeble.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:36 PM   #10330

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin Phaeton Door

I have a 2018 Tiffin Phaeton and on the 2019's they started putting a flapper lever on the screen door which allows you to open the screen door without having to slide open the plexiglass panel. Nice and convenient. In order to do it, I had to order it from PTL doors who is the door manufacturer. I also ordered a pull handle which attaches to the main door so you do not have to close the door with the open/close lever. Two great features
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #10331

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfreiberger View Post
I have a 2018 Tiffin Phaeton and on the 2019's they started putting a flapper lever on the screen door which allows you to open the screen door without having to slide open the plexiglass panel. Nice and convenient. In order to do it, I had to order it from PTL doors who is the door manufacturer. I also ordered a pull handle which attaches to the main door so you do not have to close the door with the open/close lever. Two great features
Can you share more specific info such as part numbers that you ordered and installation process.

Thanks.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #10332

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Two packages of 4 each mouse traps. Evidently I missed a mouse door when I sealed the 5er;s bottom side 4 years ago though this is the first time they found that opening. Nothing like living in one of the local suburbia's woods. (At least the deer, possums, coyotes and turkeys are too big to fit)
After having pack rat damage under the hood I started a thread in a different forum here and got some good advice from an exterminator. I have since bought rodent bait stations and a bucket of baits. You can’t deter them with smells or lights or electronic gadgets. You can only reduce the population where you park. I bought 6 traps also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote