Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #15
Call 911. That's what they are there for. Unless someone is in imminent danger, just observe. As for those that say never, ever get involved, if any of your or my loved ones ever need assistance, I pray that there are people like me around instead of people like you.

Shawn M.
2011 Fleetwood Expedition
2014 Chevy Traverse
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #16
How cute was the naked lady?

89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #17
I can just say that with all my time on the job (now retired) it would be best for all concerned to call 911 with as much detail as possible, and remain on the phone with the 911 dispatcher so that responding officers will continue to receive information while in route. Do not approach the scene, and certainly do not intervene with a firearm.

I can tell you, that I preferred responding to a bar fight or holdup alarm than a domestic violence incident. There are never any winners, and the kids always finish last. Very sad.
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Call 911, get a beer and chair, take pictures or better yet video and wait for LEO. Only and only if children seem to be in danger would I even think about getting involved.
Challenger Owners Club
2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune with 2014 Ford Fiesta behind us & 385 FastTrack kayak inside.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club

Unless you are highly skilled in handguns a person who shoots 100% score at the range only has a 33% chance when under extreme stress The rest...not so much. Being unsure beyond your target, if you miss of the potential for an innocent to be hurt or another concerned person thinking you are shooting at them...well you can guess the waylay that would ensue.

The only time I would directly intervene (armed or not) would be the immediate threat of death to the victim, if the assaulter had a firearm, he wouldn't get a warning either.

I can't tell you the number of times I attended violent domestics to rescue the wife and when hubby was subdued and cuffed I had to deal with wifey coming at me screaming but I love him with some sort of weapon in her hand or jumping on me!
Brian & Nicola
2013 Discovery 40E "DISCO"
TOAD 2014 Wrangler
MiG & Xeena(German Shepards)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #20
What would have happened to flight 93 if no one got involved? You should have done something sooner than the following day.
1992 Bounder 28T, Chevy 454, Yak Rak
2000 Trackatara
Scottsdale, AZ
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #21
From the description of the language, you have encountered one of the Irish Travelers clans who are not necessarily some of the best examples of the human race. There is currently a murder investigation underway in N TX over a killing for a large insurance policy.
I think the advice of call 911 and stay on with the dispatcher would have been the correct response.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #22
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
We were camping at a franchise campground where you have a mix of short day to day campers, along with monthlies and long term campers. It's a pretty nice place.

Last night at 10:00 while walking Nilla for her "night time potty" break I suddenly heard shouting, crying children and a woman yelling something in another language. Suddenly the door to the trailer opened and this naked woman exited very quickly stumbling down the steps and falling to the ground. She got up and dusted herself off and proceeded to try and reenter the trailer when this foot appeared through the door hitting her in the chest knocking her back a few feet, down the steps and onto the ground. It took a minute or so for her to get up all the while the kids were crying. Other people came running and went right into trailer removing the kids. The next thing I saw was the adults leading the kids down the road with a naked woman running after them!

Ok my friends, what would you do at this point? Call 911? Go up with your gun and confront the guy in the trailer? Mind your own business? Or another course of action?
Going after somebody with your gun is probably the most stupid and irresponsible thing I've ever heard! If you are resonsible enough to get a Concealed Carry permit, you would know that you don't "Go after somebody with your gun"! Your firearm is for protecting yourself and your family in a life or death situation, not for policing the neighborhood! I certainly hope you don't own firearms! If some guy beats the crap out of her right in front of you, and you shoot him, guess who's going to jail?!? It's people like you that give responsible gun owners a bad name!
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 4WD CC Auto LB
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Package
2003 Silverado 1500 4WD 4DR Ext. cab w/ just over 86,000 miles
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:30 AM   #23
Newmar Owners Club
Bigd9 -
Nice that you discussed the issue with your wife..but you should have immediately called 911. This way there would have been documentation of the event including a description of the individuals involved, the actual status of the children etc. The officer could also document the VIN and license number of the RV involved. In situations like this, don't make assumptions and don't delay in calling 911.
2012 Newmar Ventana
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #24
I have a concealed carry license, also a CCW instructor and am a more than average shot with a handgun, I also have a cell phone and know how to use it. In a situation like this what I personally would do and have taught my students is to use the phone. I would have called while getting out of the obvious line of sight of those involved, if they see you making the call things might escalate towards you. I have never been in law enforcement but still know a domestic is the scariest situation possible for LE.
My first priority is to MY family and their safety and well being. This includes my staying out of un-necessary danger and not spending time in police custody because I was involved in a domestic situation. Even if you do nothing to be charged for if you are taken to station for statements; who will be there to protect my family if the friends of the person going to jail decide to retaliate against my family. My firearm and CCW is to protect me and my family from an immediate and serious threat, not to be a policeman. Jim.
04fxsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #25
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
How cute was the naked lady?

2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 4WD CC Auto LB
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Package
2003 Silverado 1500 4WD 4DR Ext. cab w/ just over 86,000 miles
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote