Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
If it had happened to me I would have filed a police report. If they had done it to my kids, I would have gone to jail because I would have been all over them like fleas on a stray dog. No one, not even the police, have the right to go peaking in widows without a warrant!
Peak should be peek. I actually do know better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #16

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
If it had happened to me I would have filed a police report. If they had done it to my kids, I would have gone to jail because I would have been all over them like fleas on a stray dog. No one, not even the police, have the right to go peaking in widows without a warrant!
Quote:
Peak should be peek. I actually do know better.
Peak or peek, those 'widows' probably don't like it either.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #17

When I was growing up we lived next to a fed. Park and would shoot guns at a big wood pile on our property and had a DNR sneak over a hill, it's a miracle he did not look like Swiss cheese.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK, I give up. Were they officers holding the job while waiting to get on at TSA or were they some of the genius's that couldn't pass the tests to get on at TSA?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #19

We referred to them as "punky boys" and I think they were military rejects playing commando on innocent campers. See, the big thing here is, most of this state doesn't like to consider Lake and Porter County part of the state; they think of us as more a part of the big dirty city of Chicago and we pretty much ARE a suburb of that city. They don't like our 'types" and assume we're all criminal types or something along those lines. I HAVE heard several comments of that sort from police in the more rural areas...As a club we try to maintain a low profile and not rock the boat. Nothing like that ever happened again that I know of, but we did cut back from three camp outs a year to only one not too long after this incident.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Next time use pepper spray and a baseball bat on these clowns. NO ONE has the right to ''peek into a window'' without probable cause and it had better be really good ''probable cause''. Blind them with spray from a hole inside the tent and then beat the hell out of them with the ball bat and then call the cops and be sure that you have a friend video the incident and swear that you thought they were trying to break in and rape you. You can not legally shoot them but you can make them real unhappy.....

Just my opinion of course... Yours may differ.....
ps. have a base ball and a couple of ball gloves with the bat so it can not be called a ''weapon''........

God keep our troops safe ....
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #21

I'm again with CJ.

Dark clothes at night peeking into tents, trailers or motorhomes?
Sounds like deserved and justifiable whoop-@$$ to me.

Regarding the comment about the Upper Peninsula's attitude regarding the DNR; I hunted the UP for years and can confirm the 'Yoopers' regards for DNR targets.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #22

We use trail cameras for taking pictures of game in my area. Wounder if someone put one in a tree looking at there camp sight, would get a picture of them in action.
Pictures are worth a 1000 words.Now what where you doing at that time of night???
That kind of thing is way over the top. Hope they do not poke around someones sight that has just returned for a combat zone, Just bet they would have some broken bones or maybe a hole in them. Justice Served !!!

Dick.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If any "Secuirty" type ever comes peeking in my bedroom window (And in a tent less it's the cook tent it's all bedroom) he'd better be prepared to meet his supervisor.

Or his attorney.

Or at the very least have a very good explanation for being a "peeping tom"

In fact. I recommend you prefer charges.. the phone number is 9-1-1 in case you need to know it.. Used to be my office phone number in case you wonder.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #24

Maybe you haven't heard but the "Land of the Free" isn't so free anymore. I won't even get started on the Patriot Act or the TSA, but just recently we in Indiana have lost the right to resist illegal entry by police officers into our homes! If we're not even safe in our homes in this state, they SURELY won't protect us in our tents!!

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

This incident WAS a couple of years ago, folks. I was just reminded of it by that other post "What would you do?" And it wasn't just a "security type", it was The Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer or Game Warden....
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
If I really knew the officer really peeked in the tent window, I would call the local police and ask for an officer to visit the site at which time I would give a full report. As it is I doubt that there is any real knowledge that this really happened. There are many other ways the officers could know the teenagers were smoking.

As for the Indiana incidence the couple were outside their house arguing which is what brought the officiers to the home. I can see where they could have reasonable questions about the condition of the woman so they really did not enter without cause. This whole thread has been full of BS. This is a RV forum and not really a place for aimless rant.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #26

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
Maybe you haven't heard but the "Land of the Free" isn't so free anymore. I won't even get started on the Patriot Act or the TSA, but just recently we in Indiana have lost the right to resist illegal entry by police officers into our homes! If we're not even safe in our homes in this state, they SURELY won't protect us in our tents!!

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

This incident WAS a couple of years ago, folks. I was just reminded of it by that other post "What would you do?" And it wasn't just a "security type", it was The Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer or Game Warden....
ANYONE who tries to illegally force their way into my home will find what an old Irish b***h is. If I get arrested, I will cheerfully persue it through the courts. Judge David was way out of line with that idiotic decision.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm from Indiana. I've been using many of the State Parks here for nigh on fifty years. The next trip starts tomorrow. I have NEVER ever seen a park officer in black uniform. Usually there is ONE armed officer on duty at any given time in the larger parks. Smaller parks are lucky to get an occasional visit from the State Police. Just sayin.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicMac View Post
I'm from Indiana. I've been using many of the State Parks here for nigh on fifty years. The next trip starts tomorrow. I have NEVER ever seen a park officer in black uniform. Usually there is ONE armed officer on duty at any given time in the larger parks. Smaller parks are lucky to get an occasional visit from the State Police. Just sayin.
I agree most of our camp outs were just as you say, but the DW and all three of my kids were there and it DID happen!! I couldn't even imagine such a thing happening let alone make this up! At the time we heard the DNR sent groups of new officers to different parks and this was the result! I'm looking for the pictures to date when it happened.
Closed Thread