Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah, my point was that the shocking thing about your experience was that it was so... Well shocking. Hope you never see it again Nuge
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #30

Spend some time here Sipsey Street Irregulars: VIPR Recruiting Poster & Checkpoint Warning.
Great way to pass the time...
Old 07-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
If it had happened to me I would have filed a police report. If they had done it to my kids, I would have gone to jail because I would have been all over them like fleas on a stray dog. No one, not even the police, have the right to go peaking in widows without a warrant!
While I agree with you that peeking in windows is a crime you did give me chuckle with "peaking in widows".
2021 RAM 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans, 4:10 differential
2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 replaced by 2021 DRV
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
I reread the original post and am convinced it is made up. No where does it say they saw an officer peaking in the tent window. Also, DNR officers do not wear black. This is a total fabrication by people who do not have enough to do. I certainly do not want to be their neighbors in a RV park for I could very well get into trouble for something they imagined I was doing.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #33

I agree, there is at the very least a lot of misinformation and conjecture going on in this thread.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaboat View Post
I reread the original post and am convinced it is made up. No where does it say they saw an officer peaking in the tent window. Also, DNR officers do not wear black. This is a total fabrication by people who do not have enough to do. I certainly do not want to be their neighbors in a RV park for I could very well get into trouble for something they imagined I was doing.
OK. This happened the weekend of 7 - 9 of July 2004. The blue tent in the background of this pic is where it happened. The blonde kid is my son and his buddy is swinging the ax. That year they cut some unhealthy trees out of the campground and actually said to feel free to cut and burn them up. The second pic is of our main "kitchen" shelter. There were over 30 people at this camp out that witnessed this incident. No one took pics of those "officers"; who would have suspected such a thing? There were no video cameras out, they were put away for the night. Stick your head in the sand if you'd like, But this DID HAPPEN!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000862.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	526.9 KB
ID:	11922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000859.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	11923  

Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
OK. This happened the weekend of 7 - 9 of July 2004. The blue tent in the background of this pic is where it happened. The blonde kid is my son and his buddy is swinging the ax. That year they cut some unhealthy trees out of the campground and actually said to feel free to cut and burn them up. The second pic is of our main "kitchen" shelter. There were over 30 people at this camp out that witnessed this incident. No one took pics of those "officers"; who would have suspected such a thing? There were no video cameras out, they were put away for the night. Stick your head in the sand if you'd like, But this DID HAPPEN!!!

OK, I'm sorry BUT

You felt the need to post this 7 years later, why?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing3per View Post
OK, I'm sorry BUT

You felt the need to post this 7 years later, why?
Read my first post?? Another thread asking "What would you do" reminded me of the incident. I didn't recall how long ago it was when I posted it; time DOES fly by faster as you get older... I just located the pictures with the dates on them tonight.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
During one of our family camp outs, they had peeked in on one of the teen tents
Some need to work on that comprehension thing....
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
To the op: Again, did someone see them peeking into the tent window while standing on the lot which had been rented for camping? The original post was that the black clad DNR officer said that the kids inside the tent had better be 18. No where is it indicated that they were standing on the lot and looking into the window. Just saying it actually happened does not hack it. Now, if they were on the road walking or in a vehicle, all is fair as to what they are able to see inside the tent. If you can not answer yes to the above you should be bared from future participation in this forum. Next you will be telling us how awful the aliens treated you on an incident which occurred 20 years ago.

I have already indicated the proper action of this actually occurred. A close parallel is that we had an individual in town last year which walk into a tanning store and up to where the booths were located and peeked over the top and the operator immediately called the police a the individual was arrested and convicted of being a peek tom. This is the proper way to react to the situation and not use clubs, guns, or any of the other things mentioned in previous posts in this thread.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #39

Yes, we DID see them on the lot, looking into my tent windows. My kids and several others were inside. We adults were on another lot around a fire when it was noticed. Several of us got up to see what was going on and the officers saw us and decided to approach us and a few words were exchanged. We were camping as a small social club from East Chicago.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is being closed because it has run its course and gotten far too personal.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Closed Thread