Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #43

New Horizons Owners Club
jzick, I am glad you asked, there certainly are many very good thoughts on the subjects and I learned from them. DW & I believe the risks, which seem to be much greater today, are just not worth it. You can never tell the intentions of strangers until it's too late, and that's awful timing to find out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Well, I'm in the NO in the nicest way possible...

Actually a few thoughts...

1) I wouldn't have opened the door

2) those of you say yes and let her in with just your wife in there...
are you assuming pregnant women can't be aggressive and dangerous?
(You've not been around MY wife at 7 months in August heat !!!)

3) I would have asked her to do what my 4 year old grandaughter asked when we were vacationing on Maui - "Pop-Pop - I need to pop a squat" I said WHAT ?!?!
and right there on the trail she backed into a bush and popped a squat - #1 thank goodness !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #45

no on the bathroom, we have been stuck waiting for hours, people just ran off in the grass and did there thing, I just cant take that kind of chance letting strangers in. besides I could be useing the washing machine
And no on the wifi, who knows what some one might down load.

gbstewart
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Well, I'm in the NO in the nicest way possible...

Actually a few thoughts...

1) I wouldn't have opened the door ....
I have to agree; the door would stay closed. I'd see what they wanted through the window, then politely decline.

And the guy in the campground? PFFFFFFFFFFFT. People are so nervy.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #47

Sorry, but I'm wondering what pregnant has to do with it? Why is that any different an emergency from a man or woman that needs to use the restroom?

I'm sorry, but nobody I don't know comes into my motorhome. I've been stuck numerous times in accident traffic on the interstate. If you open the door to one person, I guarantee you will soon have a line outside your door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Stuck in a traffic jam for an hour and obviously pregnant woman wants to use toilet? That's a real "emergency", as anyone who's ever been pregnant knows. Clearly innocent so I'd have let her in.

The wi-fi moocher, however, was out of line.

If it ever happens again, you might offer to "sell" access for x amount but only for a set time. If they fall for it, take the money, give them your password, and when the time's up change the password!
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
After traveling to Alaska and back twice, and across the lower 48 twice. we have had numerous people knock on the door asking for help, information, gas, etc.

No stranger steps one foot inside the coach unless invited and the door is unlocked by one of us. We always travel with the door locked and it is always locked before retiring for the night.

WRT the lady needing to pee, she could have used the nearest tree, the same as I would use if without a toilet.

WRT to the neighbor asking for access to my Internet service, since I pay a monthly fee to Sprint and I am limited in data to 6 gig's, I would be happy to share that cost with the neighbor plus adding a tidy profit to the number of hours he would like to purchase. And then see if he is STILL interested in accessing the Internet.

There in NO free lunch wherever we travel. Why should the neighbor expect it?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #49
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Going to post again (that's not unusual)

As for the OP being nice, I think that by saying he did not have any water is a very polite way of saying "No." Besides, what part of "N" "O" does one not understand.

Also, is their any reason in anyone's mind to not understand that pregnant women can carry weapons also. Once in, she has you at her whim, then the boyfriend comes in.

Was she really pregnant? Was it maybe just a pillow?

To the OP, your decisions was yours and my personal opinion, after my first post, is that you did the right thing and I would also tell them to go pop-a-squat in the bushes.

Evacuating Rita we spent 15 hours going 150 miles in a car. You can imagine where everyone was using the bathroom. Many a blanket or DH's shirt blocked the primary view.

Absolutely NO to the WiFi access. I often seen in CG's people who share their WiFi with anyone that can access it as "Guest." Very, very dangerous to do, and as reported all kinds of problematic things can be downloaded.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
No....on the WiFi and No on the toilet use......STD's can be picked up off of toilet seats!

I was thinking more like lead poisoning... I would have to say no to both, I have been stuck in a car like this and found ways to go potty. And No to WiFi too! I gotta protect what is mine.

If the person is Clean or unclean can make no difference! Some of the best dressed people were/are criminals.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #51

I am suprised that both of those things happned. I think I would have gone for a no on both accounts. You just never know what people are capable of. I want to be nice but then most people just take advantage of you. I think the security of you and your wife is more important. Tough decision to make in the moment I am sure.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #52

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
Sorry, but I'm wondering what pregnant has to do with it? Why is that any different an emergency from a man or woman that needs to use the restroom? ...
The fetus presses against the bladder reducing its capacity. The larger the fetus, the less capacity the bladder has.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
I say again ...

Have you SEEN my wife @ 7 months in August ?!?

NOW takes on a new meaning !!!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #54

I'm probably overly trusting and might have said yes to the pregnant lady. But what really concerns me here is that people actually have the nerve to ask for these things of you.
I would be extreemly uncomfortable going up to someone's MH asking to use their bathroom for my pregnant wife. They dont know if your dangerous either and I would not send my wife in without me. Which is why I wouldnt ask in the first place.
I certainly would never log onto someone elses WiFi unless they offered.
I'm just glad to have not been in your shoes. Cause I typically say sure and then think later (to myself) why did I agree to that as a line forms outside the MH.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
NOt only does a fetus press on the bladder... but hormonal changes do make it harder to 'HOLDIT' longer. That and it ain't easy squatting when that large and your center of gravity has shifted... and not falling on your bum with the whole traffic jam watching you do it. Most pregnant women have lost all dignity and don't care about being seen...but the falling on the bum in front of everyone looking like a beached whale part would bother me! I'd let her use the toilet, no need for male assistance in that, no to internet sharing.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #56

Ford Super Duty Owner
when I was in the Army 63 to 65, I was in security. I can tell you for a fact that our instructor would have pointed out the girl had a weapon. She would count on you sending your wife in with her. She would point the weapon at your wife and make her call you inside. In the movies you would judo chop her, take the gun and be the hero. In real life, the boyfriend comes in uses ty wraps to secure both of you. If you are lucky they would only rob you and leave. If unlucky they would find the burned out motorhome and your bodies days later. Is this the way it would happen? Who knows. But in this day and age do you really want to take that chance?