Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #85

I never knew they had things that made it easier for a woman to pee in a bottle.( Heck I have a hard time hitting the little hole in a bottle.) That being said, in any modern car there is no way in hell a pregnant woman is going to be able to pee in any bottle. I'm just saying, I'm not commenting on any ones choice about letting her in. That's a personal decision.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #86
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
I never knew they had things that made it easier for a woman to pee in a bottle.( Heck I have a hard time hitting the little hole in a bottle.) That being said, in any modern car there is no way in hell a pregnant woman is going to be able to pee in any bottle. I'm just saying, I'm not commenting on any ones choice about letting her in. That's a personal decision.
Bragger!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #87

Good to see the milk of human kindness flowing so freely isn't it. NOT!

Seems that a pregnant woman is supposed to plan ahead and either not get pregnant in the first place or not get caught in traffic jams or not drink so much water.

I didn't realise that the random acts of kindness and consideration we are happy to pass out are looked upon so unfavourably by such a large proportion of the population.

Bouquets to some who posted on this topic, but brickbats to the rest.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
I would have let the woman use the restroom-hubby can stay out (after all he wants to protect her). I would not think that they would rob me as they are stuck in the same traffic jam and can't get away. Wifi- no way. That said to all those that say they would never let a stranger (in need or not) in I will ask one question-how do you ever make friends? We are all strangers to start with.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
It's a crazy world we live in, no doubt.

Back when crime wasn't as prevalent, I'd probably open my door to that pregnant woman.

Now ? Don't think so.

What's to say that she's got a pillow underneath her belly, and that she and her "hubby" is about to carjack your MH ??

It can't happen ?? Well, just last night some idiot decided to carjack a Nevada Highway Police car:
Linky

I'd be very leary of people wanting to get into your MH. Call me "paranoid", but at least I'm a LIVE paranoid.

The internet thing is a given "NO". Not just "NO", but "HELL NO".

Like someone said, there's a NICE way to rejecting their requests. And the suggestions given here have given me ideas as to the correct responses to give them if something like these scenarios ever happened to me.

If you read the story he did not car jack a police car as you intimate.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
You did not have a stable. You had a MH stuck in an open exposed area. I might have acted differently if approached by the woman only! Why, because the ability to protect my DW and pups on board would have been less risky. JMHO! Absolutely no on the password. To ask for such a service from an unknown is rude and thoughtless!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #91

Me personally I would have let the young woman use my bathroom, the so, no. But then again my wife says that I am intimidating, so they may have changed their minds.

As to the "father" wanting to use the WiFi reacting the way he did I would have turned to his kids and asked them if he was always this spoiled.
RustNnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #92

"Excuse me Mam, Sir , would it be ok if my wife uses your rest room? It's our first child and we never thought of this happening. I completely understand if your answer is no, and I even hate asking.....but would you be so kind..." My response ...quite possibly yes, but appearance is also a critical factor, not clothing so much as any signs of drug use.

"Hey, dude, can my ole lady use your toilet, shes about to burst!.." My response..sorry, but we have no water so the rest room is out of use....especially if "scruffy". This person fits the mold of, if you have the nerve to ask, you have the nerve to rob the medicine cabinet.

Appearance, demeanor, sincerity, and politeness are all things we pick up on, and if any of them don't feel right (gut) , it's any easy "no".

No on the WiFi.

An observation...

It appears more women are sympathetic to the pregnant lady than men...this I think is normal, if for no other reason that they can picture themselve in that situation. Heck, a guy won't ask for directions, let a lone to use a bathroom.

The ladies that said no, do you work with the general public? Is it because you can spot a "goofy" person a mile away? If your crazy, your just as crazy pregnant, I don't want you near my family type mentality? Because that just summed up my DW, and she feels it is as much her responsibility to make sure she and her's are protected as she would me.

Great original post, turned into a very interesting thread..
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #93

I agree with you jzick, on all accounts. NO to strangers roaming through you're home. TOTALLY NO on the wi-fi. It's NOT just using your air time, is it? Once they're on you're wi-fi .... can't they hack your bank #s and credit card account info? Way too dangerous, on all accounts.

I tell people all the time they can not use our bathroom in our sticks n bricks house. I had a man at a garage sale ask me to use our bathroom. NO!!!! While I'm watching money and people outside .... he could be cleaning out my jewelry! Never mind the firearms or whatever else can be picked up and walked off.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Good to see the milk of human kindness flowing so freely isn't it. NOT!

Seems that a pregnant woman is supposed to plan ahead and either not get pregnant in the first place or not get caught in traffic jams or not drink so much water.

I didn't realise that the random acts of kindness and consideration we are happy to pass out are looked upon so unfavourably by such a large proportion of the population.

Bouquets to some who posted on this topic, but brickbats to the rest.
I agree with you to some extent. I am a overly trusting person and as I previously stated I probably would have initially said yes to the women, not even thinking about how dangerous it could be. The problem is today people have no limit that is over the line to commit a crime. Hear about it all the time where people wouldnt think twice to use a pregnent woman or their child to commit a crime. Many times I have stopped along the hwy to help a person in need, including taking a stranger up the road to the next exit and about 4 miles off the hwy to their place of work. But today hearing of stories that people pose as a person in need to take advantage of you. I dont stop anymore. I dont give money to the many people standing on the corner holding signs after the local news did a story on a guy who did this and was making about 60k a year doing it. That was his job; begging. So sorry to the folks that are truly in need but jerks like that ruin it for th eones truly in need.
Do you give to the march of dimes? Ever research it? Its the perfect name because only about a dime of your dollar donated actually makes it to the kids. The rest is admin fees etc. Again makes me feel like a fool for giving and trying to do the right thing. I find its better to just help folks I know truly need it.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #95

Unless I saw a bare belly on the "pregnant lady, I"d say no, too easy to fake a pregnant look, today the crooks are very clever.

Several times at rest stops I've had people ask to use my rest room even though the rest stop had a rest room of course I said "no"
When approached by strangers in a rest stop I"m very leary.
20 years ago this wasn't a problem; not today.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The original premise was that you are cought in a traffic jam. That means stopped, with lots of people around you to help or as witnesses if in the most unlikely event, they were to try to rob or hurt you. It was the poor women that had the problem and was in distress. It is a shame that so many live in fear to the detriment of someone in need.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #97

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
The original premise was that you are cought in a traffic jam. That means stopped, with lots of people around you to help or as witnesses if in the most unlikely event, they were to try to rob or hurt you. It was the poor women that had the problem and was in distress. It is a shame that so many live in fear to the detriment of someone in need.
Completely agree! And people need to turn off the TV and internet "news" and learn to start evaluating life and people on their own. It's amazing how bright the world looks when you form your own opinions, rather than buying into the FUD spewed forth by the media.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Completely agree! And people need to turn off the TV and internet "news" and learn to start evaluating life and people on their own. It's amazing how bright the world looks when you form your own opinions, rather than buying into the FUD spewed forth by the media.
You bet. High Five.