Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
We are fulltimers and keep our meds in the bathroom cabinet so I would really have to say no. Would I feel bad about it?---YES.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
If one wants to subject themselves or their family to that, that's their business. I don't. I didn't buy my MH to use it like a hotel. She didn't get pregnant in the last hr. poor planning on their part doesn't create an emergency on mine or change my rules. The op as far as I'm concerned did the right thing for his family, and to protect them from the in-known.

How can you say poor planning, it's a traffic jam, you must be psychic if you are able to plan around traffic jams.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
I think you did the right thing!! I would have done the same. Because someone is pregnant they should receive more privileges? You let someone in your RV it could be open season. And for people to think you owe them access to internet, unbelievable.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #74
laj

One considers possible needs when one goes on a trip or somewhere in a car. Ever heard of a lady-J?
If being pregnant creates those type of problems one should plan to handle them when/ as they arise.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Well you certainly can't argue with logic like that.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #76

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
How can you say poor planning, it's a traffic jam, you must be psychic if you are able to plan around traffic jams.
Devices that make urinating in a bottle easier for women are available. They can be used while sitting in a car. They take up little room in a car and should be there from early on in a pregnancy. Granted, it would be a little less than dignified but it beats a bush.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #77

Country Coach Owners Club
You did the safe and correct thing. We are very picky about our restroom. Would have opened the passenger window but not the door. Especially if he was scruffy. Actually he could have been in a Tux. Still No Go.
The wi fi is the same they should have it if they need it that bad. Would not hurt kids to enjoy a little nature.
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Without any reservation I agree with you.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's a crazy world we live in, no doubt.

Back when crime wasn't as prevalent, I'd probably open my door to that pregnant woman.

Now ? Don't think so.

What's to say that she's got a pillow underneath her belly, and that she and her "hubby" is about to carjack your MH ??

It can't happen ?? Well, just last night some idiot decided to carjack a Nevada Highway Police car:
Linky

I'd be very leary of people wanting to get into your MH. Call me "paranoid", but at least I'm a LIVE paranoid.

The internet thing is a given "NO". Not just "NO", but "HELL NO".

Like someone said, there's a NICE way to rejecting their requests. And the suggestions given here have given me ideas as to the correct responses to give them if something like these scenarios ever happened to me.

Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #80

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IN days of old when I was bold would stop on the freeway and help change a tire or do other light reapair work.. Today I tend to pick up the phone and hand it to my wife "Call 9-1-1" Or even drive by cause.. Well everyone has a cell these days (There are exceptions).

That said. This rolling porcupine has enough antennas to convince most folks that I've been talking to someone remote.

In the earlier days of cell phone.. I might stop but not open the door, Just let 'em call AAA (Well, I dialed, and Identified myself, since the phone number I used was not exactly listed, but it sure got good service).

That was in the days of bag phones though.

I would stop for an RV if conditions were proper. Or a Semi but alas, conditions not often proper.

I did help one semi driver.. But I did not stop for him (I was waiting on a tow truck at the time :( ) He came walking up beside me, I ask him if that was his truck, His phone was very expensive (Canada phone) at the time so we used mine.. The good news is the local Semi Mechanic... Yup, I have him on speed dial. Poor guy tore up his rear end, That was a fun repair I'm sure, Alas, The mechanic did not pay me a finder's fee (I ask) He did borrow my Mag Light though.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #81
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is a personal decision. There is no right or wrong.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #82

I probably would let a pregnant lady use the bathroom. The guy he can go do it on a tire. On the wireless connection I would of just said I don't have a linking capability. Which is true, my iPad does not have that feature on cellular. My iPhone does not have linking turned on as it is a higher plan, but the DW has it on her iPhone and when I link on to hers she says it slows hers down some. She uses it for her laptop and iPad and I have a cellular plan on my iPad, but not for the mini pad.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #83

I may have let the pregnant lady but not the guy. But we would go through and pick up all of our personal stuff. Plus either myself or my wife would be right there close by. My wife would make the final decision being she can read a person real good.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
My wife says I sometimes overthink things, so keep that in mind as I respond.....

For me, emphasizing the "me" part, it would've been a no brainer to say "yes" to the pregnant girl. I say "me" because I'm in my 40s, and while I'm no hulk of a person, I usually get called "big boy" from most and still like a little challenge, lol. I would've kept the male outside, knowing that there aren't too many females that my wife couldn't hold off in the event of something going wrong. As a matter of fact, I truly believe that if someone is intent on "doing bad" they're going to do, not look for a sneaky way into the situation. By asking a "yes or no" question, they had no contingency for doing harm, so the odds are really high that was an honest need. Hence the "yes".

Now, as for "Mr. Entitled" at the Campground, I would've not only said "No" but I probably would've very politely explained it in a way that He wouldn't ask any other strangers the same question. I would've shared with some basic computer network information to include the fact that the service is paid for by myself, and that we have detailed, personal information that there's no way we'd let most people we know have out network password, let alone someone that hadn't even said "boo" prior to noticing we had internet. Probably would've told him that in some places, a request like that would be considered pretty rude, although I'm sure that wasn't his intent. I usually approach people from a basis of "ignorance" and not meaning that in the ill sense, but truthfully. Folks these days pick up too much of learning from TV and the Internet and a big majority of them have never been taught proper manners. So, I overlook those forays in rudeness and write it off as "ignorance".

None of that is to say you did anything right or wrong. Every man has to decide what color his front door is and the rest of us are to compliment you on the choice.
I like this answer.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote