Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #29

I would have waited unti they went to sleep after the party and then i would have gotten together with the neighbors and blared some tiny tim or grand ole opry banjo music from the 50's as loud as we could and see how they like it. That or everyone walk around banging trashcans as loud as possible.

Make sure you have picket signs that say "How do you like it" or "This is how we party" or "i hope this is annoying because so are you" or "tit for tat"
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #30

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Run View Post
Illegal activity is accepted now days it seems.
Not by me! I call 911 and start taking video and photos.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
RVParkReviws.com is a very good place to do reviews.
X2.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm on both sides of the fence. Ive been that guy smoking tires in a Sturgis campground. I'm also the guy that likes a quiet weekend with my wife and might be annoyed by such activity if my plans differed. I am also the guy with common sense that realizes that bike week brings in boatloads of cash that make the rest of the year pale in comparison. Call the police, whine to managers, take video, form a picket line, lots of luck. How about use common sense and find a place where the bikers haven't taken up residence for the week? Perhaps the next time the bikers visit your unbearably boring, walker and oxygen tank filled campground during polka fest, they should call the police and video tape your nap fest and complain to management that they may fall over dead from boredom.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #33

Noise is one thing but driving high rates of speed is show stopper.

If they are paying customers and remain in their spot so be it but when the are in common areas then general respect courtesy and safety are expected.

Being a biker is not acceptable excuse for doing stupid things that put the safety of other folks at risk.

They also are paying customers...
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I'm on both sides of the fence. Ive been that guy smoking tires in a Sturgis campground. I'm also the guy that likes a quiet weekend with my wife and might be annoyed by such activity if my plans differed. I am also the guy with common sense that realizes that bike week brings in boatloads of cash that make the rest of the year pale in comparison. Call the police, whine to managers, take video, form a picket line, lots of luck. How about use common sense and find a place where the bikers haven't taken up residence for the week? Perhaps the next time the bikers visit your unbearably boring, walker and oxygen tank filled campground during polka fest, they should call the police and video tape your nap fest and complain to management that they may fall over dead from boredom.
Actually bike week was starting the weekend/Friday the day we planned to leave. You are great at making inferences about me, apparently you did not read the entire thread. I won't do in kind to you, as there is obviously no point in it.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a former resident of the VA Beach Area, I will tell you that it is not an RV friendly place. The Travel Park has a large outdoor event facility. They look after the party sect and more than once I have found it to be very ,very noisy when staying there. And as you said it can be loud at any time of the day or night. You are better off going to North River CG which is in near the Dismal Swamp or finding a spot in Williamsburg, such as in the Anvil CG. The VA Beach KOA is better managed and is also not a bad place to stay. Last time we were there corporate KOA had taken over and was running it.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
As a former resident of the VA Beach Area, I will tell you that it is not an RV friendly place. The Travel Park has a large outdoor event facility. They look after the party sect and more than once I have found it to be very ,very noisy when staying there. And as you said it can be loud at any time of the day or night. You are better off going to North River CG which is in near the Dismal Swamp or finding a spot in Williamsburg, such as in the Anvil CG. The VA Beach KOA is better managed and is also not a bad place to stay. Last time we were there corporate KOA had taken over and was running it.
I saw the KOA, will check the others also, thanks for the tip. Last year that campground was recommended to us, so we stayed there and liked the area. This year, due to the admiral's job, we had to change our vacation week to the one which placed us the week prior to bike week. Generally speaking that would not be a problem, as I have stated earlier, I recently sold my bike due to a back problem but have attended events for many years as one of them. Unlike some, I have always respected the rights of others. We were there to meet a realtor, to look at houses but changed our mind and will be shopping further south.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Illegal activity is accepted now days it seems.
Hit that nail on the head.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
I would have waited unti they went to sleep after the party and then i
Passed out drunks hear nothing. Wait a few hours AFTER passing out but BEFORE they would have been waking to restart their fun and blare your air horn at the back of the unit, LOL
Old 05-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Passed out drunks hear nothing. Wait a few hours AFTER passing out but BEFORE they would have been waking to restart their fun and blare your air horn at the back of the unit, LOL
Actually, the admiral wanted me to do just that My words to her were, we have met some wonderful people here and had a great time other than those in that one coach in front of us. I'm not going to do it to the good people just for some revenge on the azzes, however, it sure was on our minds.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Actually, the admiral wanted me to do just that My words to her were, we have met some wonderful people here and had a great time other than those in that one coach in front of us. I'm not going to do it to the good people just for some revenge on the azzes, however, it sure was on our minds.
But based on the time frame you gave on their going and coming back, the hours difference would have made it a "reasonable" time (930-1pm perhaps)
to set an example on how fun daytime can be too, LOL
Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #41

Am I to understand that I should try and track every type of potentially rowdy event for the times and dates that I travel and not travel to those destinations at that time? This type of behavior would not be accepted in hotels or any other S&B operation so why should it be accepted in a campground? I understand freedom but the aforementioned behavior is just plain rude, not to mention dangerous.
RichH
aguablanco is offline   Reply With Quote