Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You did the responsible thing;report it to who ever is in authority. I believe I would have done the same---but you have to be there to know for sure.

We avoid public camping on holidays for this reason. As camping has opened up to more and more people over time the respect for the areas camped on and the people camped with has declined.

I wish I had a nickle for every trash bag I have filled just cleaning up after inconsiderate campers. At the deepest reaches in the canyons of Lake Powell, in my boat, I came upon a pristine spot, a nice beach very secluded, spectacular views------and full of beer cans and litter from the last occupants. I cleaned it up and hauled it out---------------------that was 1977 and it still leaves a sour note when I think of it.

I commend you for at least making an attempt.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with some of the replys. What if we all turned our head and ignored those who are breaking the rules. What do you think our campgrounds would be then. Laws are laws, rules are rules. On a different subject. If you saw a hit & run accident, would you also not report it.
Point well taken. Laws and rules should be obeyed and enforced but part of our price of admission should include enforcement and not rely on the paying customers to be policemen. I could see myself contacting park management in some circumstances but would probably never directly confront the offenders. Even a casual browsing of any RV forum will show that RVers are among the most heavily armed demographics in the country and, to me, it's just not worth the risk.

I would certainly report a hit and run but don't equate that with fishing after dark or throwing water baloons.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with some of the replys. What if we all turned our head and ignored those who are breaking the rules. What do you think our campgrounds would be then. Laws are laws, rules are rules. On a different subject. If you saw a hit & run accident, would you also not report it.
I agree with you! We have become such a permissive and tolerant society that nobody wants to "get involved". The question is how bad does it have to get before we "get involved". From what I've seen there are some people that would watch someone enter their campsite, take what they want and not dare to say a word.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #18

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminyard View Post
Which one got whipped ??

The good samaritan , the other guy jumped out of his car ,grabed him and went to town. it was over before I could get out of the truck. The guy I was with said "dang ,I didn't expect that"
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
The guy I was with said "dang ,I didn't expect that"
I HATE when that happens.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thank you very much! The reason these inconsiderate clods get away with what they do is because people let them. sure, it may be easier to just let it go but the problem will never stop until people stop just letting it go.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Point well taken. Laws and rules should be obeyed and enforced but part of our price of admission should include enforcement and not rely on the paying customers to be policemen. I could see myself contacting park management in some circumstances but would probably never directly confront the offenders. Even a casual browsing of any RV forum will show that RVers are among the most heavily armed demographics in the country and, to me, it's just not worth the risk.

I would certainly report a hit and run but don't equate that with fishing after dark or throwing water baloons.

Rick
I agree that directly confronting offenders could be unwise. Reporting them is generally the safest way to go. If you don't get results the first time, keep reporting it until you do. If the people in charge don't do anything, go over their heads. It sounds like a lot of hassle but until people are held responsible for their actions, the problem will just get worse.

In the case of jerk that emptied his ashtray, I would have discretely snapped a few photos, making sure to get his license plate, then turned them over to the appropriate authorities.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #22

I think you did the right thing. Notify the proper authority and if that doesn't work move on or ask for a new parking space. There are people who just don't think the same way as many of us do. You can not fix stupid and never will be able to.

My experience is most people do the right thing, however the ones that don't will drive you crazy if you let them.

I camp to relax, not worry about someone else. I love these little things.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #23

Seems there's no cure for inconsiderate or stupid people. All the rules campgrounds have and people still think they don't apply to them.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote