Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #15

I've given up on CW. I can get anything I need from PPL without any hassels.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I order my RV related items from RV Accessories, Parts & Supplies | Rvupgrades.com.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion 33 View Post
Thanks everybody. Who else would you suggest ordering parts thru besides Amazon or WalMart? Of course I would order direct from the mfr if possible.
Excursion 33
I order a lot of parts for my old coach.

I have most recently ordered a furnace control board and a gas shock compartment door support from: RV Parts, RV Accessories RV Supplies Priced Low

10 marker/clearance lights from Trailer Parts for Wheels, Lights, Suspension, Couplers, Jacks, Wiring and Cargo Control - etrailer.com

An air conditioner cover/shroud from RV Parts and Accessories for Sale - PPL Motor Homes

And a furnace sail switch and a pair of Camco funace insect screens from http://www.amazon.com/

All at better prices than the identical items at CW.

Mel
'96 Safari, (mine since '01)
Old 06-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #18

Every CW is different. The Robertsdale, AL, store has a good Retail operation, an overworked/understaffed Service dept, and an over-staffed, could-care-less Sales dept.

The retail side will match company flyer pricing, so often it's better to go to their store for things.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Thanks everybody. Who else would you suggest ordering parts thru besides Amazon or WalMart? Of course I would order direct from the mfr if possible.
I usually try to use Amazon but for RV specific repair parts, I've had great luck with PPL Motorhome. I had some items damaged in shipment and I was impressed with their efforts to get the replacements to me.

Mike
Old 06-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #20

I've had similar experience with cw I ordered a water pump and it only took two weeks to receive it, when I called to inquire I was told to be patient (wrong answer) I told them to just cancel the order and was told that it couldn't be canceled I would have to return it at my expense, even tho it hadn't been shipped yet. I ordered the same pump from adventure rv and had it in my hands within forty eight hours, want to guess who gets my business now?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #21
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUU View Post
That's the way it happened to me. I quit using them, period.

As did I. There prices are not generally not good either and their service work is even worse.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #22

Who is the dealer associated with this site?

That would be my choice if I was mail ordering and knew who it was.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
PPL is great- and you don't have to belong to any stupid presidents club
Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
One of the 50A ems protectors. I ordered other stuff from different suppliers recently and almost forgot this one. When I called to check on it they told me ...OOOOPPPPSSSSSS! Hope I get it next week.

Good God!! If you wanted a 50A EMS, why didn't you just call Progressive in North Carolina? They make them, sell them, and stand behind them 100%. They are the best!

Fulltiming since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUU View Post
That's the way it happened to me. I quit using them, period.

I still go to the retail store, if it's the most convenient source for an item I need/want right now. Not online, and never, ever for service.

I keep my Good Sam membership, but with mixed feelings. I don't like to support Lemonis, but I do support the original intent of the Good Sam Club when founded. (i bet most members don't even know the source of the name and logo.) And the membership does tend to pay for itself through discounts.

Fulltiming since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ask me what I think of the CW "free" shipping to Canada policy? Bwahahahahaha
Old 06-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
We have a CW store in Knoxville that i will go to. I found that Tweetys rv store online is good. Just ordered my EMS-HW50C Electrical Management System - Hardwire 50A w Digital Remote Display from them. Very quick and great price. I take it that CW is not a buyers choice...just getting started with our new to us motorhome.

But i take it that the Good Sam rv club is good ? We joined that last month. Think i am going with Coach Net for our road side service ?

Chuck
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 2 PB and a G Pyrenees Max,Zenie and Smokie ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape. TOAD is 2004 VW Bug Conv.
Migkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migkiller View Post
I take it that CW is not a buyers choice...just getting started with our new to us motorhome.

But i take it that the Good Sam rv club is good ? We joined that last month. Think i am going with Coach Net for our road side service ?

Chuck

Sometimes only CW carries the treasures (impulse buying) that you just can't live without.

Each Good Sam local camping club is unique unto itself. It depends on the club members & its leadership (officers). You won't know until you camp with them several times.

CoachNet is a good choice. If you ever need to use ANY roadside service company, be sure that they know exactly what kind of RV (class A, B, C, 5er, trailer & length) you have & exactly what your problem is (if you can).

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote