Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
There's another discussion very much like this one going on here at the site right now.
Specifically, it's about some parks' policies of only taking 10 yr. old or newer rigs.
It's at Newbie question - regarding age of RV

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #16

Will do when I have some more time!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
It is located right HERE

Here we loop-te-loop.

ken

Log it here and it will get read. Stay in one of those hotsy totsy parks and no one wants to know you anyway if your not in the Prevost class of RV.
I like the parks that take anything that can make it in under its own power. A friendler and more down to earth group of folks anyway.

We recently (last month) stayed at Ponderosa RV park in Cody, WY. We were the only coach on the entire row that was not at least a tag. First time I ever saw a real live Newell close up. Course the occupants didn't bother to say Howdy back. Guess they didn't understand Texan very well. I think it was the Texas flag on the dash next to the American flag that miffed them. who knows.
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #18

I fully support the idea of high end campgrounds. Keep those snooty Prevost people out of MY parks. The last time I asked a neighbor if I could borrow some of his caviar, I was turned down.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
"Stuck-up" people. I do not spend my money at this sort of place.

I'd like to see an RV campground dedicated to RVs that are over 10 years old only.

Ken
I have stayed in some of those campgrounds. Kept the door locked and the shades down.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #20

Facts of Life:

If you work hard and save your money and sacrifice for about 45 years and then spend some of that money when you realize you better enjoy life while you can...........then............

you are snooty

you are arrogant

Well, that's pretty simple. Thank you for putting it in perspective.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #21
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I stay at a class a only resort now and then only if I can get a discount coupon. While at one I saw a converted step van it was classified as a class a coach they had to let it in. Yet they had to deny entry to a 400k class c, this makes no sense.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
No discrimination at all. They're private businesses and can set their own rules.
If you don't like it, don't go there --- simple.
+1.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #23

You are absolutely correct. it makes no sense. We have a fairly expensive 2009 Super C and friends of ours have an older Newell. We often travel together and I can't tell you how many times we have been turned away and our friends have been let in. it makes travelling together difficult at times. We have to always check with the resort where we want to stay at before we leave. In my opinion, it shouldn't be this way but like I said if you own the resort you can make any rules you want. I guess they'd rather have rundown, rickety old Class A's than beautiful new rigs of any class staying there. Go figure!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #24

Wow! My, my, my . . . much ado about ???
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #25

I've not heard any of the "snooty" people say anything rude about the class C,B,TT, PU campers, seems to me it's the other way around. I'm just saying
Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
I've not heard any of the "snooty" people say anything rude about the class C,B,TT, PU campers, seems to me it's the other way around. I'm just saying
There you are using logic and common sense again. Isn't that one of the things that America brags about, everyone being free to make their own decisions? The park owner gets to choose what type of RV he allows, the RV buyer gets to choose what kind of RV he buys. Why would someone think that they have a right to park on private property in anything they happen to be driving? If you think that age restrictions or class restrictions on RV parks are wrong, do you also protest against No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service businesses? Maybe I can't afford shoes right now and isn't that discrimination?

Live and let live.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Can you post links to the websites for some of these places?
Yeah, me too,. my kind of resort. love rubbing elbows with the upper crust now just tell me what time is happy hour and what wine will be serving for dinner tonight and I am all set.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
You must have missed Norm 4015's post (#19).