Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #29

I'm in a small RV club, and our motto is "Pop up to Prevost, we don't care". IMHO I care about the neighbor attitude not what they're in. It's my favorite club and we're in several. We hit a very posh campground about once a year, usually with a coupon. We do this as a treat to ourselves so to speak. The people there are usually very friendly and we get along fine. Some times in a older campground we get snubbed because of what we're in. It goes both ways is all I'm saying. People are quick to label other people just because of what they decide what kind of camper they chose. I have a friend of mine and it kills him for me to call my coach a camper, and I tell him we're camping in a campground not coaching in a coachground! $2,000 or $2,000,000 it's still a camper!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #30

As an owner of a run down, older Class A which we thoroughly love and have a blast in, I find this whole discussion amusing. Never when I bought my RV did I think the high end RV owners would be offended if I parked next to them. But I guess enough of them are that whole businesses make it their selling feature to exclude me.

I guess my answer to the original poster's question is that if you want to patronize exclusive places then you run the risk of being the one excluded. There are plenty of wonderful places open to everyone. Spend your money with them and businesses will be encouraged to have more open policies.

Cheers!
Michelle

micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Facts of Life:

If you work hard and save your money and sacrifice for about 45 years and then spend some of that money when you realize you better enjoy life while you can...........then............

you are snooty

you are arrogant

Well, that's pretty simple. Thank you for putting it in perspective.
My thoughts exactly, glad I'm not alone.
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerrs View Post
My thoughts exactly, glad I'm not alone.
If you have the money to buy a high end coach and the money to buy a beautiful home. Would you want to build that home in a run down neighborhood ? No some people like to live at upper scale. Nothing wrong with that its their money and their choice of life style and no their not necessarily snobs We were parked next to a moho that was well over a million dollars the fellow was just great and sat down with us to have a beer. Even complimented on our 96 class A. Do I envy some of them ? Hell yes but I dont tear them down just because they have done well in life. I say more power to them.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess it just goes to show that there is a lot more to research besides your favorite make model and floorplan!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
I'm in a small RV club, and our motto is "Pop up to Prevost, we don't care". IMHO I care about the neighbor attitude not what they're in. It's my favorite club and we're in several. We hit a very posh campground about once a year, usually with a coupon. We do this as a treat to ourselves so to speak. The people there are usually very friendly and we get along fine. Some times in a older campground we get snubbed because of what we're in. It goes both ways is all I'm saying. People are quick to label other people just because of what they decide what kind of camper they chose. I have a friend of mine and it kills him for me to call my coach a camper, and I tell him we're camping in a campground not coaching in a coachground! $2,000 or $2,000,000 it's still a camper!

Absolutely!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by micd View Post
As an owner of a run down, older Class A which we thoroughly love and have a blast in, I find this whole discussion amusing. Never when I bought my RV did I think the high end RV owners would be offended if I parked next to them. But I guess enough of them are that whole businesses make it their selling feature to exclude me.

I guess my answer to the original poster's question is that if you want to patronize exclusive places then you run the risk of being the one excluded. There are plenty of wonderful places open to everyone. Spend your money with them and businesses will be encouraged to have more open policies.

Cheers!
Michelle
I've tried to patronize exclusive places with my over $500K Super C and they still won't let me in! LOL These places are basically saying that they'd rather have any kind of Class A in regardless of what it looks like or how old it is. That's what makes absolutely no sense to me! Oh well, I guess I just don't get it!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #36

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansill View Post
What if they don't like the color or shape of your rig???
Their property, their rules.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansill View Post
I recently visited a campground's website (a Maine CG, if I remember correctly), and it had a rule about all coaches being less than 10 years old but they would consider you if you sent a picture of your rig with your reservation. What if they don't like the color or shape of your rig???

Sheeesh...
I have a 1996 class C motorhome. When I find a campground that says no rigs over 10 years old usually all I have to do is send them a picture of my motorhome and it has been accepted. Color or shape has nothing to do with it. They just want to screen the rigs coming in and this is one way to do it. Some of the vintage rigs are the most beautiful!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #38

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLeggett View Post
We recently (last month) stayed at Ponderosa RV park in Cody, WY. We were the only coach on the entire row that was not at least a tag. First time I ever saw a real live Newell close up. Course the occupants didn't bother to say Howdy back. Guess they didn't understand Texan very well. I think it was the Texas flag on the dash next to the American flag that miffed them. who knows.
Or maybe it was the gun rack in the window? After all, don't all Texans carry a lot of guns? At least Canadians think so!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #39

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We go to a nice RV Resort (no tents allowed). The time before last there was a group of people in a popup, they parked it facing the wrong way so their awning faced ours. There must have been 8-10 people there, some sleeping on hammocks etc. They fished (lakefront site) all hours of the day and night, had lights burning all night, used other sites to wash their dishes (even cleaned a fish there) even though they had a sink in the popup. I did complain about the fish cleaning and dish washing to the management though. If management wants to allow this then OK, it's up to us to decide if we want to go back. We did go back but moved one site over. They still used another site to do their dishes and dump a blue boy, but it seems it's OK with the park so I let it go. Not worth getting my panties in a knot over. We're going back this weekend, but to an entirely different spot at the same campground, not because of them, we just want to try a different spot and see if it's better for the grandkids to fish from. Problem is, we don't have the grandkid this weekend!!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #40

Life is simply a series of choices. What's the correct answer for one cannot be expected to pass muster for any other.

I live in a neighborhood where I'm fairly certain the FedEx driver is interogated TSA style before being allowed in to deliver a package. Truth be told; I like it this way. Well, maybe not quite that exclusionary. However, if my home is burglarized; I'll catch the perp at the next HOA meeting.

But, I have a '94 American Eagle bouncing on the edge of vintage status and I love it. The MoHo is my escape and I don't think my enjoyment would be severly diminished if it was an older, junkier, etc. etc. unit. Granted, I have never been denied access to anywhere I've wanted to dock but I don't think it would hurt my feelings if I were....just smile, wave goodbye and head to the local Wal-Mart parking lot. Yea, baby...we're really slumin' it now!

Do I have Prevost envy? Maybe a little bit but it has nothing to do with any prestige factor. Have you ever seen the plumbing in one of those things? What's it made of, Sterling Silver? It's gorgeous! What I might have to spring for one day when we travel more is a Liberty or Marathon Coach. I just can't justify that expense in my mind while using the rig maybe four weeks out of any year. But, I'd still park it next to a dry prong in Lousiana, listen to the bullfrogs, and have a blast.

You can park your rig next to mine any day and be assured of no complaints. I keep cool stout and cold lager at all times which seems to quickly level any playing field. Just have fun.

2004 Country Coach Magna Chalet/ Cat C15
Samdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Okay, I think I've got it now..... you need a CLASS A, OVER 30 FEET, IN GOOD CONDITION, LESS THAN 10 YEARS OLD and you can go anywhere you want!!
Oh wait, there are State Campgrounds that have maximum RV length of Less than 30 feet! I guess there is no such thing as an RV than can go absolutely everywhere!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
I've tried to patronize exclusive places with my over $500K Super C and they still won't let me in! LOL These places are basically saying that they'd rather have any kind of Class A in regardless of what it looks like or how old it is. That's what makes absolutely no sense to me! Oh well, I guess I just don't get it!
I've never seen a Class-A only resort that didn't also have a 10 (or so) year (or management approval) rule. I agree that the high-end Super-C rigs should probably also be allowed, but it's not my decision to make.

joe