Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #15

I have a CB but rarely use it. In the pass I'm usually stopped on the interstate by the time someone announces a traffic jam. I use it if I am in a convoy. My GPS is usually better for finding traffic slowdowns. My handle is "talon jockey".

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

We installed one when the coach was new but found we never used it and actually didn't find it of any value to us so out it came.

Handle back in the old days was Kodiak.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
Don't have one now but when I used to, my handle was Tailgate. Given to me by my Dad because I was the third of three kids.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have one in our MH and it has saved us several traffic jams by listening to the truckers. My handle from the 70's is skinny dipper. Go figure.
Lloyd, Cheryl & Samantha our Shih-Tzu
07 Pace Arrow 38P & 07 Liberty 4x4
How's that hope and change working for you???
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #19
Tiffin Owners Club
Barkin' Dog.
Dewey & Sharon
Southern Maryland suburbs of DC
2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
Biggest problem with a CB on a fiberglass RV is there is no way to ground the CB antenna easily. They only work well if properly grounded. And the SWR is set properly.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
Tiffin Owners Club
Back in the day I was Lady Leo and I had a base station as well as CB in the car. It went by the wayside years ago because I can't handle listening to the language. I use a traffic alert GPS and smartphone weather alerts.
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In the motorhome we use Camp-N-EZ, our license plate. When I am out in the woods in my truck used "Buck Fever", but those good ole days are behind me.

Feel the weather alerts and Amber Alerts etc are worthwhile.

Often required for caravans and when traveling with groups.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
Have one in the MH and the Rubicon towed. The one in the coach has helped several times with traffic and road hazards. Just turn the squelch up and monitor it all the time. Use the jeep one to talk to others while off roading. Just another way to communicate. Never know when it will come in handy again. Been a long time since I used a handle but I guess I would still use the old one, "Corkscrew" if need be.
Charlie & Olivia- Denton, TX, 08' Monaco Dynasty Squire IV, Cummins ISL 425, Blue Ox, M&G, Rubicon
"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"
chuck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
I have one in the MH and the truck. I use them every time I am driving. No traffic updates on a cell phone will alert you to a traffic accident that just happened a 1/4 mile ahead of you on the interstate, so you can slow down and prepare to stop or take that exit you are quickly approaching. I know the traffic alert feature of my GPS will/did not. Only my CB radio alerted me so I could quickly take the exit ramp 1/10 mile ahead of me and take an alternate highway around the wreckage.
I use an ear-bud so DW doesn't have to listen-in unless she wants.
I'm called "Yankee", have been since the then-mandatory call signs were eliminated.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote