Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm the same way. I've registered under both our names, but I'm the one that does all the talkin' (which, according to my husband, isn't limited to just forums )
Welcome to the group SunflyerAZ. You're gonna enjoy this site. So many helpful people. Happy camping!
L-

Dave & Lori Stewart
2001 Aerolite 25FBR w/Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 4.7LV8 3.55rar
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2003, 01:52 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Me too. I love this forum. My husband says he spends enough time at work on a computer and is not going to at home. So I am always the one on. My name includes his sort of jphansen
He is the j part and I am the p.

Here's to posting and learning.

Pat

Pat
2002 Itasca Horizon 32'
2003 Dakota
jphansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 06:01 AM   #17

Hi! I am the pug lady, we, as you can guess own a pug. This is a neat forum as everyone has said. If you are ever camping and see us walking our dogs (one isn't a pug) you will know it is probably us! Sue
pug_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:50 PM   #18

Hi! I am Peggy Weygandt some of you folks have met me, oh and my hubby Jerry. We have a Dutch Star and I am the driver. So, thus the name DSDRIVER. We live in Plano, TX. and this summer we were gone 10 weeks and attended the IRV2 rally in Nashville. Had a ball. Maybe we will see you in TX next year.

Peggy Weygandt
Dutch Star 38' MH
Trailblazer

Dutch Star 38' MH
DSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:08 AM   #19

Hi,
This is great. I am the one that explores irv2. I'm the planner for our trips. He listens and gives his 2 cents and than we put our heads together and come up with our destination.
As for the rest we have 3 girls age 2,4,6 have been camping since the first one was 6 months.
We have only travelled Ontario. Want to explore the U.S.
I have a laundry chut in my fiver!!! What a great invention. We have a hard wood door on the girls bedroom Lovin' it. THe kitchen area in this fiver has been great. One thing that annoys me is the shoe thing. What do you all do with your shoes? We have sandals,rubber boots, and shoes. To go with whatever weather is happening. I usually store what we aren't using. But they all get lined up near and around the door. What do you do?
We finally bought a carpet for outside the door last year so during the day I tell the kids to keep them out. My husband keeps his on.
gotta go. This is great looking forward to checking out this forum.
thetravellingontarians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:10 AM   #20

My name is Tracey.
thetravellingontarians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 03:08 PM   #21

Tracey, you can order canvas shoe bags that attach to the base of your bed. Each "set" holds 4 or 5 pairs of shoes (our trailer is in storage for the winter so I can't check for accuracy). We have a set on each side of our bed so most of the shoes are up off the floor. You can find them at campingworld.com They are a little pricey but it helps to have a place for everything and everything in it's place.
Kay from CNY

Frank & Kay, Central New York, 2002 F250 PSD, 2000 Jayco Eagle 266
Old 03-08-2004, 02:32 AM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
My screen name is pretty easy to interpret. My first name is Lynn and we live in Vermont.
About the canvas shoe rack that hangs from the side of the bed.I would think it would be fairly easy to make if you sew. I thought about it, never found the time to make one and the fiver we own now has a big closet with a shoe rack. Glad to see the women's perspective active again.

Lynnvt
2002 Cardinal 33LX by Forest River
2004 Chevy Silverado 3500
Duramax/Allison
extended cab dually

Old 03-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #23

LynneVT,
Re: canvas shoe bags. I do sew, just wasn't sure on the dimensions, etc., plus they were on sale when we got them. I was also still working at the time so took the easy way out.
I envy you your fiver with the big closet and shoe storage. We've been looking but just can't justify the huge jump in price. We have everything we need in the TT we have and it's so affordable. We're now retired and a lot more modest in our spending - not that we don't still drool!!
Happy camping.
Kay from CNY

Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Kay,
Just keep your eyes open for a used fiver. Our's was a barely used unit. The people bought it in Jan. and we bought it in July. So it had very little use. And we had our eye on a different unit that was a little older but in great shape for a lot less. However when we went back to buy it, it had been sold already.

Lynnvt
2002 Cardinal 33LX by Forest River
2004 Chevy Silverado 3500
Duramax/Allison
extended cab dually

Old 03-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #25

Newbie. Wannabe. Whatever I am... my name is Christy.

Glad to have found this place!

We're at the beginning of our journey (ETA: full-timing journey) and will probably be in our hometown for awhile until some obligations are fulfilled.

Christy <><

"I'm not talking to myself, I'm having a parent-teacher conference."

[This message was edited by dramamamax4 on Wed March 10 2004 at 12:32 PM.]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:56 AM   #26

LynneVT,
I remember reading about your Cardinal when you got it. What a stroke of luck for you so it was meant to be. We look, haven't ruled out getting into something else, but we really do love our little TT and it is so comfortable. We have put just about everything we want on it so it is truly a home for us when we are away from our stick house.
We particularly like the Montanas, I think they've come a long way and everything you could possibly want has been addressed. But it just seems like a big expense for the short time we spend in it. Maybe some day.
Thanks for your input.
Kay from CNY

Old 03-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #27

Hi, My name is Pati (rosefanatic because I LOVE roses).

I am a recent widow and want to keep RV'in. AT least I want to continue the two trips we always took to visit a son in TX and one in MT. I don't know how it is going to go since I only drove our 36' Bounder for about 1 hour in the 5 years we've owned it. I feel a bit out of place now, being without a husband but am determined to stay active. I do have a daughter and her 15 year old son that will make the trip with me, although she probably won't do any driving.

The canvas shoe bag sounds wonderful. I think I will work on making one. Shouldn't be too difficult.

I have learned a great deal about motorhomes since I found this forum a couple of weeks ago.

2004 33V Adventurer
rosefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:03 AM   #28

On the subject of storage - I just bought several mesh laundry bags at WalMart - they're designed for lingerie, or a larger one for sweaters; but I put all our atlases and maps in one of them so they're not sliding all over the place, stored behind the driver's seat. It's easy to see what's in them, and if they get dirty - well, just throw them in the laundry!!!

Deb

Deb and Ed; & 2 dogs
4 kids in college - not fulltimers yet!
2004 Gulf Stream Conquest C

4 kids in college - not fulltimers yet!
Deb and Ed M is offline   Reply With Quote