Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
glad to know it is all my fault because I would rather have the option of opening a window for fresh air rather than give is to an [Moderator Edit] and seal it closed.

[Moderator Edit]
In your own words,,,,
Live for today; yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Been in the same position as far as lights being left on. I just don't like to make waves. Not worth it to piss someone off. Just go with the flow.

I had a fellow camper one time leave two 500 watt construction portable pole stand lights lift on all night. The next day while just talking to them about this & that they mentioned they like to keep lights on to keep the raccoons away. Playing dumb...easy for me to do according to my DW. I just said they might want to reconsider lighting up the whole section of campsites, especially the campers in back. Never did I say my RV was also lite up.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #17

Although we have camped next to people who leave way to many and too high powered lights on all night which can be a little irratating, I leave the light directly over our door on all night for security. Although I don't think it is bright enough to bother anyone else(and nobody has ever complained about it),but it is enough to light up the immediate door area. I have had people walk thru our spot at night, and one time a guy knocking on our door(turns out he was drunk looking for his MH). I like to be able to see who's at my door and that's my choice as to how I secure my family/MH ect. I don't agree with the big high powered security lights though if that was put on to annoy you any further. If you don't want any light in your MH I would suggest getting the MDC shades, they block out the light and you can still sleep with the window open and get plenty of air.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Delete? Why.........Look at the title of the thread.......you asked, 16 posts........now you are upset with the answers you received? Leave it for future reference....
Old 01-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #19

I have camped alot in campgrounds where there are nothing but RV's. These are the true campgrounds and I have camped in campgrounds that are nothing more than a housing development. Seems the first has the more considered campers and the latter seems to have more of the grumpier. There are alot of elderly people camping and I believe they feel more secure when they leave a porch light on. Not to mention all the high dollar stuff we have around our Motorhome. Hecht I have a ranger Comanche bass boat parked in font of my RV when I'm camping and I do not even want tell you want I got attached all over it. I always feel when camping its a live and let live attitude. I can look out across camp site at 2am and I see all kind of lights on.
tomusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Out of all the usual complaints... dogs barking excessively, people partying loudly all hours of the night, music too loud and too late, people walking through your site, fireworks, cars parked on your site, dog owners not picking up after their pets, and a neighbor leaving their light on... I would take the light every time.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Out of all the usual complaints... dogs barking excessively, people partying loudly all hours of the night, music too loud and too late, people walking through your site, fireworks, cars parked on your site, dog owners not picking up after their pets, and a neighbor leaving their light on... I would take the light every time.
I agree..
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #22

I'll throw my one cent into this.

First of all it is a good thread. So please don't delete it.

Secondly, I do know of one CG that will ask you to turn off your outside lights at night. I have been the one on the receiving end of this once with my led security light. No big deal for me.

So this leads me to believe that there might be a problem with this at some CG?

That is one of the reasons I went with the motion detector lights.

Serious, to refer to Walmart is ridicules. Two different situations that are so far apart it doesn't even warrant any more responce.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
Yup!
Oops, meant to agree with stevieG
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #24

John, I feel your pain man...about the answers on this thread. But asking someone to delete it or see the sense of the original post is sometimes impossible to get across....been there, done that...
Cheers Rick T.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #25

If a light bothers you, shut it off or move. There may be barking dogs or loud music to enjoy at the next park.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #26

Had this happen to us a couple of years ago. So at night me and another neighbor had a few Jack Daniels, then we unscrewed his lamp bulbs.

Get this, the Mark went to Walmart the next day and bought new ones. So the next night we unscrewed them again. This time he moved to another camp ground across the road.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #27

Evergreen Owners Club
I have to agree with K-STAR. If you are in for the night, turn your lights off. If someone knocks on your door or you hear someone outside, turn it on and take a look. That camper that turned on his security light was just an idiot.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't see the big deal about the light. As said earlier, could be a party, loud music, dogs barking, etc. The light doesn't bother me.