Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #29

The only way you can gaurantee your surroundings and your neighbors affecting you to some degree is to stay home, but that's not what we all bought RV's for. Like others said a light at night should be the least of your worries compared to other things that happen in a campground. To the poster that thought it was funny to mess with the guys lights, you really shouldn't touch anything that's not yours...It's all fun and games until somone gets hurt, then it turns into a senseless tradgedy...happens all the time when people overstep their bounds.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RodgerS at post#6 had a perfect answer for the op. I have lived long enough to know he is 100% correct.

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #31

What's your opinion?

My opinion is that I should only react to things that I can actually change, and that some folks pontificate about stuff without ever having been there.
We are RVers, campers. We adapt, improvise.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Its my site, I paid the rent, I like the light above my door on all night, I will leave it on. Maybe this is how that guy feels. Why does everyone think that they can impose their wishes on others? Maybe he doesn't like looking at your awning being out all day and flapping in the breeze. Cover your window.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #33
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Exactly why we carry a pin-point laser light and portable spot-lights (LOL). One passive-aggressive behavior met head on with "aggressive-aggressive" behavior!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Its my site, I paid the rent, I like the light above my door on all night, I will leave it on. Maybe this is how that guy feels. Why does everyone think that they can impose their wishes on others? Maybe he doesn't like looking at your awning being out all day and flapping in the breeze. Cover your window.
So, if you're beside me you won't mind me leaving my two 48 LED "scare" lights on overnight on your side then will you? After all, you can just close your blinds!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
What's that serenity prayer that they put on posters, t-shirts and coffee mugs?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
If you are having issues with light shining in you can do what our friends did to stop the sun from shining in. They taped on some aluminum foil. Keeps the sun out so should deal with most lights.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #37

Hmmm. . just doesn't seem right that I have to cover my windows with aluminum foil because the neighbor needs his lights on all night.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
His keeping on his light and adding the security light is known as passive aggressive behavior - "the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, sarcasm, stubbornness, sullenness, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible."

You must recognize that you have no knowledge of who this person is or what they are capable of. It is well known that there are people with mental problems in all situations you may find yourself in...some very dangerous.

Your best response is to modify your RV so it will not bother you in the future. If you complain, you can assume they will retaliate, though not always, and you need to be in a position of avoiding them being able to to do childish things when they think they can get away with it...of course not in all cases...but it just takes the one...like road rage. So, you must always think clearly about the situations you find yourself in.

Your biggest mistake is to assume that they see things from your perspective, your rationalization, and they are one of your fellow rv peers that will respond to you in an appropriate manner similar to how you would respond... the in-group you assume you are in and they are also in is never what you think it is.

The key is to protect yourself if all situations. Trust is earned and so is friendship.

Human beings are considered the most dangerous animals on earth and civilization is like a paint job, just a patina that hides what lies beneath. Just because someone owns an rv doesn't make them whatever you think they are.
Sorry Rodger, this is way too much analysis. Here is the solution.

After first request if the lights come on the next night, walk over, heavy knock on the door, door answered, tell them to turn off the damn light. NOW, please. If they don't, keep knocking until they do.

They will. And, it won't happen again.

If you can't handle that, get shades.

Don
Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #39

This funny stuff. The park I'm in right now has lamp post about every 6 th site. The whole street is lite up. Hasn't bothered me. Close my shades. Can't see how someone else light could ever bother me !!??

Russell
Old 01-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Hmmm. . just doesn't seem right that I have to cover my windows with aluminum foil because the neighbor needs his lights on all night.
Does it seem right to you, then, that I have to shut off my light because you don't want to pull down your shade?
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #41
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
This funny stuff. The park I'm in right now has lamp post about every 6 th site. The whole street is lite up. Hasn't bothered me. Close my shades. Can't see how someone else light could ever bother me !!??

Russell
I agree. With campground lights, if it's still too bright after pulling my shades, I'll grab a towel and hang it over the whole window. Personally, I don't let that stuff bother me. Campfire smoke, loud music and loud voices beside my bedroom window after midnight.....well that's something to get riled about.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:20 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
your 48 led lights would be no match for my night shades. Once I pull them down I could sleep until noon. They make it like a cave. When I wake up, I cant tell if its 2am or 10am.