Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #1

Just posted a complaint on the Winnebago forum about how the refrigerator/freezer doors don't open wide enough for me to change the shelf in the freezer! Most "design flaws" can be lived with or fixed within reason, but this one really got to me. Over time I've learned some of the things to look our for in RVs and wonder what things others have learned. Maybe we can influence the so-called RV designers, or at least let other people know what to look or look out for!

Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #2

Just posted a complaint on the Winnebago forum about how the refrigerator/freezer doors don't open wide enough for me to change the shelf in the freezer! Most "design flaws" can be lived with or fixed within reason, but this one really got to me. Over time I've learned some of the things to look our for in RVs and wonder what things others have learned. Maybe we can influence the so-called RV designers, or at least let other people know what to look or look out for!

Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Dealers not completing requested service within time frame specified!!! The stories I could tell you... we are switching to another Monaco service provider, the place we bought our coach from has stumbled and fumbled for months.

Thanks for asking!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 AM   #4

Mine has to be the mangy carpet. Impossible to keep clean unless you never put even a toenail on it. UGH. Who wants to spend their fun time cleaning a carpet. Double UGH
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Mine has to be the mangy carpet. Impossible to keep clean unless you never put even a toenail on it. UGH. Who wants to spend their fun time cleaning a carpet. Double UGH
We just had our carpet professionally cleaned and we are not going to wear shoes on it anymore. The hot asphalt pads seems to stay on shoes and come off on the carpet. Joe
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
CD

We looked at a trailer on a dealers lot that the dealer hadn't opened the slide. There was no way to get into the bathroom. It's been something we have watched for ever since.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #7

Mine would be the window in front of the entry door. I was sitting in the recliner the other day with the door latched open and noticed the opening of the window is right behind the door, blocking the breeze. Had they rotated the window so as it slid towards the rear when open, it would have a clear path.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #8

Mine is the lack of ventilation in the bedroom. The two up sliding windows at each side of the bed and that &^%$.*&! emergency exit window provide little or no air movement. They should have put a ceiling vent in the BR like over the stove. . . . I think I will

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #9

The really ugly fabrics that a lot of the manufacturers use, UGH. We bought a new 5'r and the next year attended the national rally. We asked the factory rep who chooses the fabrics, the answer was some woman at the factory who doesn't rv. What a shock. When we took delivery of ours I threw out the bedspread & drapes and made new ones, such "grandma" fabrics!
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs down Big minus

The Selling Dealer......
Parts ORDER = way to long. Somehow the system is out of shape, e.g. Ordertime for the damaged Side window thru the Dealersystem to Newmar(2 month).

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #11

My pet peeve_, OK you got me started. I simply cannot tolerate inept workmanship, whether it be actually fixing something, saying a part will be ordered, telling me to be at the shop at a certain time, or management of a department or entire business.
I still remember what a professor told my class.
"Anticipate any possible problem that may arise, formulate solutions to those problems, keep your word."
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It has to be sloppy workmanship that is supposedly checked by the QC (quality control) and let the RV be shipped. It cost them more to have the dealer fix the problems than it would to do the work right in the first place.

I grew up in an environment that you took pride in your work and you did it right the first time.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #13

My pet peeve is Power Gear. They produce flawed products and refuse to talk to customers or recall their crappy products. They are not accountable to anyone. What's worse is that manufacturers still use their products.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pet Peeve.... not really related to my RV itself, but more to some of the bigger RVs in general.

My Pet Peeve is when someone's furnace kicks on while I'm outside and I think its another 747 making the 10 mile turn up above me.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote