Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #155
Originally Posted by BCooke

Well if you have a diesel unit you could change the name and have two reasons for the name......... Passing gas.

Sorry, strange morning, not enough caffeine.
Nice.....thank god we do not trail black smoke behind ourselves

Plane nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #156
It was named the condo by our pop up and tent camping friends, and the ponderosa by the guys I deer hunt with when it's at the deer camp.

Rdh605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #157
Vintage RV Owners Club
My crappy neighbors call it a Property Devaluer.
holford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #158
My first mh in 2002 was named The Noon Stage. I latter went to a fifth wheel towed by customized Freightliner that I called Noon Stage II. Both had mural of stagecoach and horses. Guess I need to name newest mh purchase the Noon Stage III, but also thinking of 3:10 to Texas or something on that line.......old west as I am a cowboy action shooter.
competitive shooter RVer
2006 Gulfstream Friendship G7 8411 400HP Cum.
RM Sterling/'07 Chevy Colorado CrewCab 4x4
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #159
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Other than the name Damon gave it (Intruder) I have not named the RV

The house Wi-Fi SSID however I choose... SNAFU.NET.

Nuff said. (I hope).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #160
Our RV is Moby.

We have a new-to-us 2002 Rexhall Vision. We were pondering nice classy names like Nicodemus or Cassandra since they were famous for their visions. When we took it out for our first trip, Mr. M commented that it was like trying to drive a whale, and it's mostly white, so Moby is what stuck.

Over the years, we have owned The Beast, a Chevy 4 x4 pick-up, and his successor Red Drag'n, a Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pick up, as well as Galileo 7, an Aerostar van, and The Boat, a Crown Victoria.

Mrs. M
Mrs.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #161
"The Pig"

We call her "The Pig". She was bigger than we started to look for and we put money into her instead of the piggie bank.
USMC1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #162
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by Swansonia
Wow...some creative names out there!!! some are too funny

When we got our 2011 Allegro, DH wanted to give it an Alaska oriented name because we enjoyed our trips there. We tried "denali" "sitka", etc, but it just didn't seem to fit. Eveeryone offered names, but mostly feminine ones, and I just couldn't see giving a big ole brown RV a girls name...one day I called him "Jethro" and that seemed to work, so Jethro he is!

Now we've bought a toad...should we name her "Ellie May" ?
That depends on what kind...if its a hot sporty model Ellie May works. If it is an old clunker maybe Uncle jed or Granny. If its something practical like a Smartcar try Miss Hathaway. For a Mercedes...Mrs Dryesdale!
Chuck & Pam (the people) - Bobbie & Nikki (the cats)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ & Chevy Tracker ZR-2
NJ4B F261484 (ex: NCBounder)
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #163
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
That depends on what kind...if its a hot sporty model Ellie May works. If it is an old clunker maybe Uncle jed or Granny. If its something practical like a Smartcar try Miss Hathaway. For a Mercedes...Mrs Dryesdale!
She's not a real old clunker...a 2007 model...I did think about calling her Miss Hathaway, but we decided on Elly May...Got her a personalized front license plate ordered. When it arrives, I'll try to post a picture of Jethro and Elly May.
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #164
We own a Thor Palazzo and Palazzo in Italian means "Palace" so that is what we call it...or sometimes we call it "Thor's Palace"
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #165
Mine has lots of names depending on how it behaved, or misbehaved out on the road.... Right now it has one of my bad ones since the oil pan decided it needs to leak buckets of oil from the good old 4 piece Chevy 454 pan gasket... It is getting replaced with a fancy one piece.. Maybe I will call it something nice then....
Sprdtyf350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #166
RV Mutant #29

Hadn't thought about naming our trailer, but when I was heading out to put something inside today, I thought, "there it is, the freedom machine"' so maybe that is its name!
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #167
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
BWB for Big White Box, and we love her!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1623945498.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	25514  
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 AM   #168
Excel Owners Club
Our 5er is named the Didymop. It's a portion of a name of dragonfly from southwest Texas. As you well know, you go draggin up the hill with an RV and you fly down the other side. Just calling it dragonfly would just have been too blah zee. The truck is Kemosabe and our travel about car is Jake, after the Life is Good guy.

Lee, Beth & ObiPup
Didymop (2012 36RKM), pulled by Geronimo (2015 GMC 3500), followed by Beth driving JakeKar (Solara Convertible)
didymop is offline   Reply With Quote