Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #71
Our MH name has a bit of history to it. 15 years ago we started a club called the Patroitic Sons of Constitutional Liberty. The PSCL would meet once a month on a Saturday with massive amounts of firearms to shoot, then we would grill, then we would show movies on a 20' portable screen and drink lots of rum. A few of us had 16mm projectors. When someone asked if we could be anymore strange, I said sure, we could dress like pirates. Well we started to do that and we all took pirate names. That's how I got the nickname of Bones.

We bought a GMC bus which was named Tortuga (Spanish for turtle as well as a known hangout for pirates). When we got our Barth it became Tortuga II.

1989 Barth Regal 25, P32 454
BonesBarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The "Lazy Hog Inn" and my DW found an image of a hog and I made a sign out of it. Why HOG? In respect to the bikes I tow in the trailer, 04 ULTRA & 04 Heritage.
(Harley Owners Group)

Lynda & Ronny Sarasota, Florida
2005 DutchStar DP 3809
Sammy (Brussels Griffon\Maltese)
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #73
Well, We haven't named ours yet, as it's our first mh,,, and only had it a few months. Looking at it, Europa's are pretty rare,,, and the look of the front, I'd name it "Aardvark" . She changed that to "The Ark" ,,, We Love it,, a 95 model, jumped right in (after new tires and things, and a good looking over by my mech friend) , and took our first trip from Arkansas to Arizona and back. No problems at all, and 13.39 mpg ! So it will be an affectionate name...
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #74
Winnebago Owners Club
Well, somehow, Jan began calling ours Matilda. Where that came from, I don't know. It seems to me that's kinda feminine for such a manly motorhome. ha ha ha
Me & my Hun RVing for fun!
Bo Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #75
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thought we were the only people that named our vehicles. Our motor home is EV which could stand for evacuation vehicle since we live on the Gulf Coast of Texas. We prefer to EV being named for excape vehicle because is takes away from the reality of day to day drudge. Our toad is a jeep with the name of Prissy.
Pig Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #76
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have owned 4 MHs. The first, a 1970 Pace Arrow, was named "The ancient one". Our current one is a Fleetwood Storm. It's named "Stormy". My wife names them.
Tile Man
Tileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #77

The "Cat House". Signature is explanation enough...we (the humans) are definitely outnumbered and exist purely to "serve"...just ask them (the cats)

Don & Bronwyn + 1 Cat; J-Lo
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX (AKA, "The Cat House")
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #78
Forest River Owners Club
In Texas and other parts of the South a "Cat House" has a totally different meaning....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #79
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On our 4th A and never gave any a name. We just say the bus, so I guess that's it's name but never thought of it that way. Never call it a her or he either. Been very lucky also and have never had to call any b&#*erd.
Mike, Janet & Duchess (cavalier King Charles)
2008 35B windsport, Brazel's rear TracBar, Koni shocks & Safe T plus steering
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #80

Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
In Texas and other parts of the South a "Cat House" has a totally different meaning....
Yep...have southern roots (Carolinas and Tennessee). We get some smirks...you'll note it is The Cat House, not A Cathouse The front porch light is yellow, not red... Tongue-in-Cheek. What's the point of being "old" if we can't have a little fun with it?

Don & Bronwyn + 1 Cat; J-Lo
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX (AKA, "The Cat House")
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #81
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most of the time we still call it the camper but the DW calls it my mistress as I seem to always sneak off and spend time with the MH. She say's that I pay more attention to the MH than I do to her.
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #82
Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Our plate is 499 ted....So his name is "Ted"
tjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #83
Fleetwood Owners Club
When we first got the motor home, we got a key chain engraved "The Double Decker" because there are two of us and our last name is Decker. However, it has a nickname of Moho as that is what we call it most of the time.
2015 Providence 42M, Toad - 2002 PT Cruiser with Air Force 1 brake system. Cummins 450 ISL 9L), Allison 6-spd transmission, Freightliner chassis
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #84
We have just recently up graded from a pop-up to a travel trailer. When we got the pop-up, we referred to it as the "Tin Tee Pee", as we up graded it from a tent.
Now we were in a delima, as I really did not want to refer to our new TT as the "Tin Tee Pee"
Our Travel Trailer sort of named itself. When we got serious about hunting for it, we have had 4-5 months of no rain. Well guess what? It started to rain on the lot when we were looking at it, It rained harder during the Pre delivery instruction, and on its maden voyage, We got S O A K E D to the skin. Hence I have stencelled on the rear bumper " T H E R A I N M A K E R" We got some questions when we pulled it into Springfield, Missouri in September, as they were in a dry weather condition also. I think it has lived up to its name, as we have had some sort of percipitation on each of our outings Jimm Zi/

Wire Wrat is offline   Reply With Quote