Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
I am afraid that we have a government that is out of control Hopefully we can turn it around next year.
Government or bureaucracy?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyd111 View Post
in before the lockdown....

This is a classic example of why big businesses will outsource to foreign countries and lay off americans. The sad thing is that it is liberal america that is killing america
Why can't they just use wood from here in the U.S.??
Or is that too simple to do.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
Obviously not a music lover. Ever heard a guitar made from doug fir?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
no illegal materials were used the materials used were deemed possibly not meeting india's harvesting rules but no US law was broken and personally i really dont care about india.s or un laws (read; if this can happen then the un can deem 2nd amendment as illegal)
brianj
If you read the complete story, You will find out that this is not the first time that Gibson has been caught with illegal materials in their manufacturing of guitars. They were caught two years ago doing the same thing, The wood was deemed illegal because it was not brought into the US with the proper papers. Like it or not, it is illegal. (something to do with the Lacey Act)
Indiana Journey
Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #19

Quote:
The wood that was illegal is used for decoration on the guitars. It is quite beautiful.
Indiana Journey
Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #20

If we put as much effort into stopping bthe influx of illegal aliens instead of illegal wood, we sure be in a damn site better then we are today.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
My circle of concern is wide, unfortunately my circle of influence isn't. All I can do is vote, and maybe voice my opinion. Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if they knew what our government has become.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana journey View Post
The wood that was illegal is used for decoration on the guitars. It is quite beautiful.
Indiana Journey
Why do you say it was illegal? The company had the necessary Indian export papers to show. It is some nitwit bureaucrat who has overstepped his authority in my opinion, but alas; my opinion and a couple of bucks will just about get you a coffee most mornings.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Do you play guitar, or are you a musician for that matter?

Reason i ask is, if you did, you would know that certain woods can only be found in certain areas of the world.. Pine does not make a good sound, it just doesnt.. However, Indian rose wood does. These are called Tonewoods, they make a sonic signature or frequency that musicians look for. regular folk may not be able to tell the difference, but trained musicians have an ear for good tones.

Myself, I am a drummer, Ive played many sets made of regular soft plywood... They suck, I prefer a maple or a birch kit. I like the tones they produce.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #24

You guys got it all wrong; the government or any of their rules have anything to do with the problems were haveing; (foreign workers; unions, etc.) face it guys, when we started sending men to the moon and probes to mars and beyound, they brought back alians and it affected the whole world.
We soon will all be working for the aliens. Their here now and warping our minds.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
You guys got it all wrong; the government or any of their rules have anything to do with the problems were haveing; (foreign workers; unions, etc.) face it guys, when we started sending men to the moon and probes to mars and beyound, they brought back alians and it affected the whole world.
We soon will all be working for the aliens. Their here now and warping our minds.

Is that what happened? All this time I thought it was an evil plot by Microsoft to take over the planet!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana journey View Post
I think that if the Justice Department was after "enemies" or competitors of Democrat supporters, the Koch brothers and several other corporations(people) would be in trouble. Paranoia seems to be creeping into everything nowdays. It's not the first time that an industry has been stopped from using illegal materials in their products and I hope it's not the last time.
Indiana Journey

As has been reported, other guitar manufacturers use the same thickness of wood but have not been busted. Apparently, and according to articles I have read, (and could be wrong) Gibson is the only one who gave their campaign money to the other side. This isn't paranoia, it is supported by fact and can be readily researched. It seems that only the ones who like what is happening to enemies of this administration believe everything our "justice department" tells us.

I have no political axe to grind on this issue, but can see a lot of trees and a forest at the same time.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
It's the "Chicago way". If we don't toss the bums in '12 we will be big losers.

Nick
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, y'all

"Fact over Fiction" is a great site for getting the actual who/what/when/where of stories like this- they give you the bare facts and leave the spinnifying to the politicians!
Just like newspapers used to do ...

As you may well imagine, there's a lit-tle more to this raid than the spin doctors let on...
According to court papers, this is a smuggling case.
And it's not the first one involving Gibson Guitars.

Here's the link: Federal Agent’s Raid Gibson Guitar Corp, Looking for Illegal Wood ( Article)

Francesca