Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv artisan View Post
I went back to Flagg RV in western Ma and got the feeling they were just throwing me under the bus,washing their hands of their sale,I figure its because I didn't buy their extended care insurance option..I left without looking back.Got a great rv with a few things they could have worked out with me.Their loss, because this is the best thing I ever invested in my life.Im sure eventually I will use the services of some place I can work with.
All you lost was the trip over there and some time. You've gain some experience about who you want to deal with, or not, in the future. You feeling OK now?
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #16

Much better.I was suspicious of their attitude when I brought up a few issues on the phone.My intuition was on the money when I returned to see them.Its

funny,I felt much lighter once I left,knowing it would be the last time I would deal them, avoiding any negativity associated with the best thing I ever did in my life.
Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What did you ask them to do? Replace it for free or give you a discount? or both? I work at a dealership (automobile) and I know what they are thinking also. We showed it to you and offered an extended warranty, so when they wouldn't do what you asked even after you thought you got a great deal, now you won't do business with them again? I just don't understand what made you think differently?
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #18

Just be glad you didn't buy their ripoff extended coverage. Just replace the stabilizer yourself and go on your happy way, with way more money then you would have, even if you would have bought the coverage, and they would of replaced it. But they always have a crazy deductible, and many things have a way of being (not covered). I tell dealers I don't even want to hear the sales pitch, when buying a vehicle. Even so the Newmar dealer begged me to buy their ripoff scam extended coverage. People are so gullible, they will buy and believe anything.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Not surprised the dealer acted like they didn't know you when you returned with an issue. I'd suggest removing the stabilizer and checking for a serial or model number. Then contact Bilstein and ask about a discount replacement. Again, the worst they can say is 'No.'

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #20

Sagamore,I bought the rig in November.They gave me one month to return if there was a problem.I sent them a picture of the leaking stabilizer on my storage space 4 weeks after the deal was done.Between a short hospitalization for surgery,the weather,and a few other factors I couldn't get back there until 2 weeks ago.The odometer read the exact mileage as when buying it.There was only the miles it took to go to from the dealership and my storage space,90 miles.The sales man who sold it to me said"you could of been in a trailer park,(as tho any of the problem could occur being parked"The problems were fairly minimal.Steps that work sometimes( they had installed new ones when I bought it to replace the ones that didn't work). the chair next to the exit door is worthless.Probably the other shocks too.
The bus runs well and its a great ride,(as.long as I watch for multiple potholes).everything else works.Its got 10k miles and after checking around it was exactly what I wanted.It makes sense to me that a dealer would want to help out to keep their customer coming back.I see this kind of attitude a lot on the east coast,more so than out west.Guess its partly the reason Im gettin out of dodge,any day now.
For the past 5 months that bus has given me more than I paid for it.Been using it as a studio parked in an absolutely quiet backyard.Try finding a studio around here for less than 800 a month.Now I get to leave with it, fully decorated personalied and ready to roll.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
RVartisan- Good RV dealers/shops are worth their weight in gold. We have a dealer here that is great to work with, service mgr will discuss problems and repairs and encourages DIY when you are capable.. In addition we have 2 local repair shops that that do excellent work. (All are within 5 miles...)
Hope you find a good one in your area.

Enjoy your RV...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #22

being a truck repair shop i see things like this sometimes. we give a 1 year warranty. some people think thats working days. pretty soon it a year & 2 months then its a year and a half. we vary seldom go over 1 year. if they decieded they gave to good of a deal to you and wanted more money would pay them after the sale? goes both ways.
volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #23

Around these parts ,if you're buying an" entry level rv" for 30k, without an extended warrantee insurance policy,you're history once the sale is finalized.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #24

Brought the rv to a reputable garage that does suspension work for trucks.They did an alignment,replaced the steering stabilizer.The worst was yet to come when the manager, not a tire salesman, tells me the I have tire rot on all 6..2006 mh with nearly 10k miles.This is what I get for needing a mh so bad I wasn't aware of the red flags associated with low mileage.Lot of sittin in one place.I checked with the Mass attorney generals office.If you are sold any vehicle that is hazardous to drive, without being informed,the seller is liable.I called the dealership when I was in the garage.I told him,in the most congenial way I could manage,,that I can start legal proceedings or he can work with me on this.I mentioned how the dealership somehow had it inspected and approved despite the problem.Sounds like partners in crime,tho I was less blunt about it,the message was clear.He says he'd go 50% and I agreed,just to get something.I'll think about the remainder later.I got a check for 1300$ 2 days later.. The tires are Continental HSR 19.5 100 psi. Anyone hear of them?They look great,feel good,but so did my mh when I bought it.The tire place was not an rv place,so I really don't know if they are the right tire.the 19.5 is right but my last tires were only 80psi.How will this affect the ride?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #25

I'm glad your not my customer :(

Lets see.... you bought it for cheap, probably beat up the dealer on price, complained about problems after the 30 day warranty, bad mouth them for bad service for not fixing it for free; then threaten to sue for old tires.. when it undoubtedly was sold in as is condition. Whew! NO THANK YOU!
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #26

iRV2 No Limits Club
Rv artisan .... glad to see that you both know your rights as a consumer and that to stand up for those rights. It is also great that the Mass attorney generals office is up to-date on consumer affairs. All states should have legal wording like your state that indicates:"If you are sold any vehicle that is hazardous to drive, without being informed,the seller is liable" to protect the consumer.

Fl Richard... you statement sound like the very reason I had contacted the Fl Attorney Generals Office several times when I lived there. It is also the reason why Fl is the worse pace to be a consumer. Fl. is also a place of high business turnover, because of an attitude that does not believe they need repeat business.

I received a check in the mail today from the FL Department of Correction. This came from an account of a building contractor that just got out of prison and is on probation for 5 years. He has those 5 years to pay back 30 people he swindled money from or he goes back to prison. I was one of those and I was at his trial, helping make sure his next residence was behind bars. I am doubtful that he will make the repayment schedule.

Good Customer Service insures that businesses not only survive but prosper.
Poor Customer Service will insure that the business will be OUT of Business.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #27

Fl Richard, Im glad I wasn't dealing with you.I paid 32k, that's not cheap,its the going price.How do you rationalize selling someone a vehicle with tire rot,except when you want to rip someone off and endanger their life?The dealer paid me half of what the tires cost me,and He never reimbursed me for the Bilstein steering stabilizer that leaked out prior to that 30 day guarantee.I just couldn't get there,but I did text a photo.From the looks of the last reply,its no wonder you've chosen Florida to live.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let's not regress and get off topic.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote