Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1

Whats your take on this?

3 months ago I bought a 2006 Thor Hurricane 30Q 9500 miles $32k cash..Its been in storage due to health and family issues.Finally Im out of here.The only mileage was 150 miles,The distance between the dealer and my storage space.I was given a 30 day free service guarantee.During the 3 months its been parked, the bilstein steering stabilizer leaked all its oil.Before heading across the country I was going to ask the dealership to be reasonable, even tho technically they're not responsible.Do I eat this expense quietly or am I being unreasonable to bring this up to the dealer?.I declined their extended warranty( easy care 100.00 monthly 3 years $250.00 deductible).Since Im not familiar with the politics in this situation I will go with the response I get on this forum.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It certainly does not hurt to ask
and ask with the expectation that they should fix it ...

but don't be nasty or surprised if they don't !

part of ownership is fixin

Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #3

Worst thing you can do to a MH is let it sit. Don't be too surprised to have a lot more problems in the near term. What can you do? Get all the fluids and rubber belts and hoses changed. Flush the radiator and install fresh coolant. From there on I would guess more little things cropping up that will need fixing for at least a while. As for the steering damper? Bite the bullet and replace it yourself.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Go ahead and ask, you have nothing to lose. I had a similar situation. Bought the rig, parked it for 4 months after which I found a problem. I asked without expecting anything. Took pictures of the failed component and emailed them to the dealer in a polite manner but suggesting a solution for repairs. They agreed to the repairs. I did the prep work which cost me nothing but showed them I was willing to do my part and they paid for the parts which where much more costly than my efforts. In your case you could offer to remove the stabilzer if they will go good for a new one. The other bonus for me was I did not have to return the rig to the dealer 200 miles away.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #5

When I drove it,it felt perfect.They went over everything after I bought it.I actually saw them with everything being checked out before I took it out..It appears the the other stabilizers in the rear look a little rough too.Visually this seems to be the only flaw.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #6

While they have no legal or moral obligation to fix it, asking can't hurt. If they say no, ask if they would consider at least a courtesy discount.

Good luck
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #7

It sat. There will be a few things to fix. But you will okay. You got a good deal! Its al UP from here.

Happy trails

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #8

First trip out with my 5er, the water heater over temp/heat valve leaked. Dealer said to bring it in. We settled on me replacing it with the new one they gave me. Didn't even have to bring the bad one in to Little Dealer, Little Prices.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #9

Im going to show this thread to Flagg RV in R.I and see their response when I bring it in.So far they were good about putting in the electric steps and a new TV in the back.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
THe answer is always no if you don't ask
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #11

I put this In a thread knowing what I would do if I received 32k and promised satisfaction.I can handle the expense.Ill pay for the part and be on my way,their loss in the long run.Im hoping RV people,whether they be full timers or the business end,have more going for them than the rest.Its been 18 years since I was on the road.Im wondering how things have changed.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
While they have no legal or moral obligation to fix it, asking can't hurt. If they say no, ask if they would consider at least a courtesy discount.

Good luck
X2! Good luck.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Agree with most...ask nicely, explain the issues and what happened and hope for at least a discount.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #14

I went back to Flagg RV in western Ma and got the feeling they were just throwing me under the bus,washing their hands of their sale,I figure its because I didn't buy their extended care insurance option..I left without looking back.Got a great rv with a few things they could have worked out with me.Their loss, because this is the best thing I ever invested in my life.Im sure eventually I will use the services of some place I can work with.